Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    pretty numbers, not enough wins in the pitiful east, give it to wade then, he won 52 games even with shaq missing 23 of them.
    Wade didn't have the numbers. LBJ did something only Michael Jordan and Oscar Robertson had done previously. Plus, he led a Cavs team with a mediocre supporting cast to 50+ wins (and no Larry Hughes for the majority of the season).

NBA Superstar

Default .

I have no problem with Kobe picking Dirk over everyone else.

To use what Kobe said as a logical way to show that Dirk deserves the MVP however....should get you banned.

Jeff, ban the thread starter. It's tough, but it has to be done.

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

wade had similar rebounding and assists numbers, shot better and only had like 2 or 3 less ppg, you arent gonna hand mvp to someone in a 50 wins eastern team if other players are leading their teams to 60+ wins in the west, if ANYONE was robbed last year that was dirk, not lebron and certainly not kobe.

Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

wade had similar rebounding and assists numbers, shot better and only had like 2 or 3 less ppg, you arent gonna hand mvp to someone in a 50 wins eastern team if other players are leading their teams to 60+ wins in the west, if ANYONE was robbed last year that was dirk, not lebron and certainly not kobe.
    co-sign

The point is, the Cavs would be miserable without LeBron. They might be the worst team in the league if you took him off. That makes 50 wins look a lot better.

Phoenix would still be a pretty good team with Barbosa running point. Miami has a lot of other talent besides DWade (Haslem, Posey, JWill... SHAQ). The same with Dallas... Dirk has a lot of help.

LBJ has Eric Snow running point... 'nuff said.

Btw, Wade and LeBron both shot 48% from the field last year and LeBron averaged almost 5 more ppg.

people overrate the heat players a lot, walker is a piece of garbage, jwill is a trigger happy gunner who plays no D, payton whines more than he plays, mourning is ancient, only wade and shaq are legit, and shaq missed around 25 games.

people overrate the heat players a lot, walker is a piece of garbage, jwill is a trigger happy gunner who plays no D, payton whines more than he plays, mourning is ancient, only wade and shaq are legit, and shaq missed around 25 games.
    I would LOVE to have Haslem and Posey as role players on my team and JWill may be a gunner but he is a heck of a lot better than Eric Snow or Damon Jones.

Decent playground baller

Maybe going from a team that won 3 championships in a row to a team that barely makes the playoffs changes your perspective about what success is.

Maybe seeing Nash holding his MVP trophies while sitting at home watching the Finals for the last couple of years makes you think twice about the meaning of the award.

Somebody who's truly competetive doesn't feel like they won if they don't win it all.

While I'm sure Dirk would be honored to win MVP, I'm sure if you asked him, he would much rather win a championship.

Decent playground baller IBall280's Avatar

Lightbulb

good point

Saw a basketball once STILLBALLIN's Avatar

King James has proven to be the real deal...has lived up to all the hype and is already one of the best players to have ever played the game. Take Lebron and Nash and switch teams.....Suns may very well win it all, while the cavs struggle between 35 and 40 wins and the eigth seed.

Local High School Star

I agree Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I would LOVE to have Haslem and Posey as role players on my team and JWill may be a gunner but he is a heck of a lot better than Eric Snow or Damon Jones.
    hmm, damon jones looked 100x better with wade than he did with lebron, i wonder why ?

Quote Originally Posted by STILLBALLIN
    King James has proven to be the real deal...has lived up to all the hype and is already one of the best players to have ever played the game. Take Lebron and Nash and switch teams.....Suns may very well win it all, while the cavs struggle between 35 and 40 wins and the eigth seed.
    no, wade is the real deal, he got no hype and yet delivered, lebron choked his way out of the playoffs for 2 years while wade lead them to the 2nd round, conference finals and a championship, lebron is nothing but hype, wade has nothing to prove, while lebron has proven nothing.

I usually hit open layups

damon jones looked 100x better because of Shaq, not wade...r