Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Will Dark Knight Rises break Avengers recently set box office record?

Maybe. Why doesn't a smart Hollywood producer come up with a superhero movie called The Dark Night Rises and try and cash in?

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Re: Will Dark Knight Rises break Avengers recently set box office record?

I think so. Look at the success of the first two.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    No one here will see a dime of any box office revenue whether it does $20 or $200 million in its first weekend. Don't see why that should matter to anyone here. What affects us is our viewing experience.
    some people like to predict outcomes of future events.

Good High School Starter

Without a doubt yes

No.

No, the movie is geared towards adults.

No

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Maybe Ann Hathaway can OD or something.
    or grab a video cam in the bedroom

College star

it will not set the BO record but it will definitely be a better movie. I have no doubt about that. The DKR will not be 3D based and does not target audiences of all ages.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bada bing
    it will not set the BO record but it will definitely be a better movie. I have no doubt about that. The DKR will not be 3D based and does not target audiences of all ages.
    Avengers wasn't shot in 3d

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I don't expect Dark Knight Rises to make more money, but I expect to like it more (And I loved Avengers).

I could care less what this does at the box office, has no bearing on quality. All I know is if Nolan's Bane is anything like the comic book version ('Revenge of Bane' and 'Knightfall') than he's going to be a legendary movie foe, and we still don't know what role Ras Al Ghul will play (I know they will at least have a younger version of him, although I've seen some reports that Liam Neeson has a cameo). The general public is ignorant about a lot of things, shouldn't be surprising that they would be about a comic book character. But once the reviews come out, we'll see what critics think of Bane and the movie as a whole.

I remember that people had the same questions about Ledger paying the Joker until Kevin Smith came out with a review calling TDK 'the Godfather 2 of comic book movies' then they hype machine took over from there.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Nope. I heard people going like WTF in the movie theater after the Dark Knight Rises trailer. People just don't like those types of movies. I don't know man.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Bane is one of, if not the, most formidable foe in Batman's rogues gallery. I mean he broke the legends back, even though he caught him slippin. Don't let Schumacher's campy Bane or other cartoon incarnations of the character taint your judgment, Bane is just as mentally imposing as he is physically. Plus, think back to when Ledger was first announced as the Joker- everyone was crying and whining about how they f*cked up by casting the gay cowboy from brokeback as Batman's archnemesis.

Nolan has yet to disappoint and Gary Oldman is on record that he thinks Rises will eclipse TDK because the story is that epic.
    I'm not denying that Bane is formidable.

I'm saying he isn't as good a character as the Joker. And I doubt anyone surpasses Ledger's performance in this film. Those two things made TDK.

Well all of that and the Harvey Dent saga but that got kinda lame at the end too.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo
    You saw the TDK 5 times in theaters? I watched it one time on blu ray and that was enough for me
    No I mean once in theaters. 4 times since.