Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 03:49 PM   #76
SomeBunghole
Banned
 
SomeBunghole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 716
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

OK, so Wade is "different." He's not like MJ, and he's not like Bird. Fine. Then tell me which player from 15-20 years ago is he like? Who's the comparable player? Or is Wade so unique as a player that there was no one like him back then?
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:49 PM   #77
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World
 
loot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,014
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
Right. I assumed he considered driving more as being more "aggressive". That or he was just distorting my words like the asshat he is.

Discussing like that works. When you're talking to 12-14 year olds.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:50 PM   #78
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World
 
loot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,014
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
OK, so Wade is "different." He's not like MJ, and he's not like Bird. Fine. Then tell me which player from 15-20 years ago is he like? Who's the comparable player? Or is Wade so unique as a player that there was no one like him back then?

I don't think I know any player like him.

Right now I'd compare his offense to that of Corey Maggette, who, not surprisingly, averages about as many FT's as Wade. And has done so for years.

But doesn't get the hard time for it. Ever.


Explain to me why.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #79
SomeBunghole
Banned
 
SomeBunghole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 716
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
I don't think I know any player like him.

Right now I'd compare his offense to that of Corey Maggette, who, not surprisingly, averages about as many FT's as Wade. And has done so for years.

But doesn't get the hard time for it. Ever.


Explain to me why.

Because Maggette is the symptom of the problem, while players like Wade are the cause of it.

And the fact that you can't come up with a past comparison to Wade shows just how far the NBA has gone to create new marketable players.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #80
gabeh1018
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
gabeh1018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 706
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

god... if everyone who liked wade agreed with everyone who hated the fact he shoots free throws, would these threads end....



is there any place you can go for archived NBA games
gabeh1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #81
guy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,219
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
OK, so Wade is "different." He's not like MJ, and he's not like Bird. Fine. Then tell me which player from 15-20 years ago is he like? Who's the comparable player? Or is Wade so unique as a player that there was no one like him back then?

I would say he's like Jordan from the 80s just not as good.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #82
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World
 
loot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,014
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
Because Maggette is the symptom of the problem, while players like Wade are the cause of it.

And the fact that you can't come up with a past comparison to Wade shows just how far the NBA has gone to create new marketable players.

The game changed. Maybe you should move to Europe and watch those fine FIBA games.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #83
SomeBunghole
Banned
 
SomeBunghole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 716
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
The game changed. Maybe you should move to Europe and watch those fine FIBA games.

The game WAS changed. In the mid-90s, to create more MJs, to make the game more individual-centred and less team-centred.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #84
mhg88
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeh1018
god... if everyone who liked wade agreed with everyone who hated the fact he shoots free throws, would these threads end....

No because there will always be some moron that starts a new thread after any game where Wade shoots more than 10 free throws.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #85
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World
 
loot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,014
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
The game WAS changed. In the mid-90s, to create more MJs, to make the game more individual-centred and less team-centred.

Yeah. Europe. FIBA. You go boy.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #86
gyu
Good college starter
 
gyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,310
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Who cares, Josh smith had 16 attempts yesterday.
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:05 PM   #87
gyu
Good college starter
 
gyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,310
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Oh, and did anyone care that Kobe shot like 27 free throws against the Rockets the first time they played this season? Btw that's a new record for him.

Last edited by gyu : 11-18-2007 at 04:14 PM.
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:08 PM   #88
SomeBunghole
Banned
 
SomeBunghole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 716
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Alright, let's look at more stats.

The most FTA attempts ever came during that mind-boggling season in which Wilt scored 50 points a game. Wilt took 1363 FTs that year. Obviously, a lot more than Wade at 17 a game. Yet, a simple mathematical exercise shows a massive difference.

That year, Wilt also took 39.5 field goal attempts a game. So, it works out to .43 FTs per FG attempt. Wade had .56 two years ago. Now, is anyone trying to tell me that it's normal that Wade got more FTA per FGA then the most dominant big man of any era, who was hacked every time he got the ball down low, who shoot free throws poorly causing early attempts at Hack-a-Shaq, who was double- and triple-teamed in the lane? Is anyone trying to argue that this isn't due to a blatant plan by the NBA to make SGs score more?
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #89
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World
 
loot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,014
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
Alright, let's look at more stats.

The most FTA attempts ever came during that mind-boggling season in which Wilt scored 50 points a game. Wilt took 1363 FTs that year. Obviously, a lot more than Wade at 17 a game. Yet, a simple mathematical exercise shows a massive difference.

That year, Wilt also took 39.5 field goal attempts a game. So, it works out to .43 FTs per FG attempt. Wade had .56 two years ago. Now, is anyone trying to tell me that it's normal that Wade got more FTA per FGA then the most dominant big man of any era, who was hacked every time he got the ball down low, who shoot free throws poorly causing early attempts at Hack-a-Shaq, who was double- and triple-teamed in the lane? Is anyone trying to argue that this isn't due to a blatant plan by the NBA to make SGs score more?


Ablabla blabla blabla yippyyap.


Arenas and Lebron both average more FT shots agme than Wade, while relying on their shooting more. You go FIBAboy. BTW you were the **** trying to mock me for mistyping a word. Don't do that before you get your then and thans straight.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:13 PM   #90
SomeBunghole
Banned
 
SomeBunghole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 716
Default Re: wade scores 23 points. 15 points of FT

Arenas and LeBron are much better players than Wade. And no, they do NOT average more FTAs. Check your facts before spouting off.
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy