Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Halo 4 and Halo CE anniversary edition announced

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117
    Yea thats what I did back home. It doesn't work here. Something about MAC filtering or some crap. I tried going into the routers admin system to change settings but it was locked.

I honestly haven't really looked into it. My friend just said they won't sell it in stores here. Maybe amazon would ship it here, I don't know.

Its crazy though. Theres this market in China where you can buy pretty much every movie in decent to good quality for about 2 bucks and video games for a little bit more. Only thing is you have to mod your xbox to play the games. Would be so awesome if you didn't.

I'd buy so many games!
    Ah that'd be controlled by your employer. You're probably SOL unless you buy internet. Amazon probably would. I've ordered stuff from the amazon UK before, which is vastly different than China but yeah!

Hell if you can buy a modded xbox...or a cheap one in an attempt to mod it..

Banned

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Some reviews are already out for Halo 4. Great scores so far. I've never played a Halo....might pick this one up.

Oh the Bealsanity

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Some reviews are already out for Halo 4. Great scores so far. I've never played a Halo....might pick this one up.
    If nothing else, pick it up for the story. The Halo storyline is pretty great. The books are enjoyable reads.

Can't wait for it. I can have it shipped from Hong Kong! 2 more days!!

Storyline is gonna be great. I have a lot of faith in the multiplayer. Gonna log a lot of time into this game.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

One of the best experience I had with video games was ten years with Halo Combat Evolved. I bought Halo 2 and tried to finish it like 4-5 times on original Xbox but never did. These type of games aren't really my cup of tea but I appreciate its artistic design.

I am really considering getting Halo 4. I played both Halo 3 and Halo: Reach but I played 2-3 hours a day over a span of a month or two for both, so I don't even remember the story-line or anything. I still don't think any of them were as good as Combat Evolved; that game was just as amazing as BioShock to me.

My friend did say his favorite is Halo 3, but after the first few hours playing Halo 4; he said it might be his new favorite. Combat Evolved is his 3rd favorite, which makes it enticing for me to get them all again, since Combat Evolved was terrific.

I also need to get Revelations, so I can then buy AC 3. Initially I wasn't a big believer of the series, but over the last month I played AC 1 & 2, and Brotherhood and ****ing loved every minute of it. It was just so fun being a bad ass, but I enjoy more modernized games. I don't have a particular attachment to historical settings, I'd rather be a bad ass assassin in today's society with modernized weapons.

Which is probably why I'm highly anticipating games like GTA V, Hitman and Blacklist (plus the new MGS game).

By the way I just played Spec Ops: The Line.
    Wow, what an experience. The gameplay, graphics or mechanics aren't anything groundbreaking but the storyline was so dark. Similar to Max Payne 3, just a very compelling and mature story. Loved every minute of it, it's only about 7 hours long but it's definitely a game I'd recommend to everyone. Great 3rd person shooter...

noice halo 69 bucks, so cheap

Oh the Bealsanity

Quote Originally Posted by Gina Carano
    noice halo 69 bucks, so cheap
    Damn, I'm paying about 55.

Never even heard of a game going past 60 before.

Pre ordered it.Only thing is i was too late on the same day delivery on amazon and had to either pay 3.99 to get it same day or wait until they delivery until thursday for free.

So Thursday it is.

NBA lottery pick

I'm looking forward to this game, but some of the stuff they've been doing with mountain dew and doritos is real silly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGPW23aazuM

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    I'm looking forward to this game, but some of the stuff they've been doing with mountain dew and doritos is real silly.
    This is solid golden marketing right here.

Every gaming community and site has talked about this now. The only sound overpowering the buzz this created is the sound of constant high-fiving over at Microsoft's marketing department.

Best marketing ever, costs nothing. Those guys are winners.

I still play Halo 3 all the time but I might just rent this for the campaign. The armor abilities thing seems kind of lame. Will Halo 4 have multi-team for online play? If not then I prob wont bother with it.

Oh the Bealsanity

Armor abilities were incredibly lame. Armor lock was one of the most frustrating things ever in Halo. Then the jetpack just destroyed all map dynamics. I pretty much just resorted to playing gametypes without the armor abilities so it wasn't too bad.

With 4 though, there is no more armor lock and the jetpack is nerfed so they are definitely heading in the right direction. Promethean vision looks like it could be overpowered but I'll wait and see for myself.

Amped for this game, picking it up tomorrow morning before work.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117
    If nothing else, pick it up for the story. The Halo storyline is pretty great. The books are enjoyable reads.

Can't wait for it. I can have it shipped from Hong Kong! 2 more days!!
    Since I never played any Halo games before I think I'm gonna do just that.....buy and play the games. If I'm correct I think the order to play these in is:

Halo Reach
    Halo CE Anniversary
    Halo 2
    Halo 3
    Halo 3 ODST
    Halo 4

The only one I'm not sure I'll be able to play is Halo 2. I looked on the xbox live game store and it didn't seem to be available for purchase and download.