Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Thread: Halo Reach

I don't get picked last at the park anymore matt1016's Avatar

Default Re: Halo Reach

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Online is astounding. I love it. The campaign is brilliant(I'm almost done) Game is a 10. It's gonna keep me interested till gears 3!
    The online is so good and there's so much to do, I have only played one campaign mission so far.

I haven't messed around in Forge yet but I'm looking forward to seeing what the community comes up with there.

Invasion (particularly the human's attacking the Elites version) is really fun.

Firefight is so much better than the ODST version, I think I'll actually play it regularly now. Instead of fighting with your backs against the wall, it is more like campaign where you can move around and pick your battles.

I hopped into the Arena today for the first time and it was pretty intense. Everyone was pretty skilled - it was quite a change from Social.

had this game since tuesday and haven't had time to play

that all changes in one hour and 20 minutes. got my halo 3 controller all ready to go. easily the nerdiest thing i own.

Local High School Star BALLin01's Avatar

Beat the campaign on Legendary today, great game.

Knowledge Is Power shortlunatic's Avatar

I couldn't help it, I pulled the trigger. The game is pretty good, I started campaign just to get a feel for the the controls since I'm brand new to the Halo franchise. I actually enjoyed it, which is rare cuz i never enjoy any campaign mode anymore. Online looks pretty good too. Only had time to play a few games but it looks promising. Looking forward to actuallygetting good at it cuz I'm getting whooped right now. Quick question, at some point in time will I start online games with a better gun?? I always start with the sing shot rifle which is kinda a bummer for me. Do your weapons change as you rank up or is thats just how you constantly start off and pick up guns when running around??

Quote Originally Posted by shortlunatic
    I couldn't help it, I pulled the trigger. The game is pretty good, I started campaign just to get a feel for the the controls since I'm brand new to the Halo franchise. I actually enjoyed it, which is rare cuz i never enjoy any campaign mode anymore. Online looks pretty good too. Only had time to play a few games but it looks promising. Looking forward to actuallygetting good at it cuz I'm getting whooped right now. Quick question, at some point in time will I start online games with a better gun?? I always start with the sing shot rifle which is kinda a bummer for me. Do your weapons change as you rank up or is thats just how you constantly start off and pick up guns when running around??
    I started back to gaming with Halo 3 and spent several months getting whooped in multiplayer until I realized that I shouldn't charge in at anyone. You probably know that already but I had to learn the hard way - I'd never really played FPS's online against humans before.

In my humble opinion, in the Halo environment your grenade placement makes or breaks you. Throwing a grenade at the spot where the other guy is going to be in one half-second from now sets up your killing headshot.

As you start out in multiplayer, try to use grenades, magnum, DMR, and the needler rifle. Avoid going in close for melee beatdowns - you'll just end up trading kills with people. Run backwards a lot.

In CoD, I found most of my encounters came down to the strategy before the engagement. After both players were aware of each other, the quickest/most accurate shot usually won the encounter and it was over fast.

In Halo, more damage needs to be done to someone to finish them so you have to get used to slightly longer encounters. Even if someone has the drop on you and fires first, you have enough time (because of your shields) to outgun/out-grenade them if you're a superior player.

I always use something besides the AR as my primary weapon. The AR should just be for finishing people off up close.

You always get access to the same guns as everyone else. Halo differs from CoD in this aspect. Everyone gets the same stuff so the experienced players don't have any advantages. You have to memorize where the power weapons are on each map.

Halo Reach added a credit system but the armor pieces and other unlockables are strictly cosmetic.

If you're just starting out with the controls, switch to the Bumper Jumper button layout and get used to that. It makes you much tougher to kill because you can jump all over the place and still keep your thumbs on both sticks.

Disclaimer: Take my advice with a grain of salt. I am by no means a Halo god...I'm pretty average in multiplayer but I know enough of the tricks to brutalize any noobs I run across. Real players usually beat me pretty good. lol
    Last edited by matt1016; 09-17-2010 at 12:41 PM.

Lol at disclaimer ^^^^^^^^^. From what I've seen there's only Noobs and average people.No one's really dominated any matches. It'll be like 4-5 people at the top all close together in scores, and then the bottom guys have like 3-5 kills if they all stay.
    Last edited by Rose; 09-17-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1016
    The online is so good and there's so much to do, I have only played one campaign mission so far.

I haven't messed around in Forge yet but I'm looking forward to seeing what the community comes up with there.

Invasion (particularly the human's attacking the Elites version) is really fun.

Firefight is so much better than the ODST version, I think I'll actually play it regularly now. Instead of fighting with your backs against the wall, it is more like campaign where you can move around and pick your battles.

I hopped into the Arena today for the first time and it was pretty intense. Everyone was pretty skilled - it was quite a change from Social.
    Forge seems a little off too me, not sure how or why. It just seems that way. invasion is boss. So is infection but no one ever wants to play it! Firefight is pretty solid I guess. It's much improved by trying to get all the scoring achievements is pretty hard for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Lol at disclaimer ^^^^^^^^^. From what I've seen there's only Noobs and average people.No one's really dominated any matches. It'll be like 4-5 people at the top all close together in scores, and then the bottom guys have like 3-5 kills if they all stay.
    yeah, I noticed that too. I've only been in a couple matches where someone had 20+ kills and destroyed everybody.

I figure that the Halo 3 generals are still learning the maps and getting used to the new grenade physics just like the rest of us. The kids that were great at H3 will eventually be better than me at Reach but right now I can hold my own. I played a few Arena matches and the competition was more intense but I didn't get hammered.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1016
    yeah, I noticed that too. I've only been in a couple matches where someone had 20+ kills and destroyed everybody.

I figure that the Halo 3 generals are still learning the maps and getting used to the new grenade physics just like the rest of us. The kids that were great at H3 will eventually be better than me at Reach but right now I can hold my own. I played a few Arena matches and the competition was more intense but I didn't get hammered.
    Yeah I've gotten absolutely murdered once. And it was by one of the guys who stayed on to play Halo 2 after they closed off the xbox live original. Dude kicked all of our asses in headhunter and slayer dmrs it was just insane.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

I love how they brought back the one map from Halo 2 with the big fountain and courtyard in the middle, forgot the name

This game is pretty great so far. My only beef is that I am unable to access the file sharing stuff. Whenever I try it says my account does not have access, but according to the faq all you need for access is a live gold account and i have one of those....

Quote Originally Posted by SayTownRy
    had this game since tuesday and haven't had time to play

that all changes in one hour and 20 minutes. got my halo 3 controller all ready to go. easily the nerdiest thing i own.
    I feel the same way since tuesday ive played about half a hour since i have the weekend off iam gonna really be playing this game.

I know undisputed wants to do a ish firefight lets try to get that going

ISH Jump Crew

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    This game is pretty great so far. My only beef is that I am unable to access the file sharing stuff. Whenever I try it says my account does not have access, but according to the faq all you need for access is a live gold account and i have one of those....
    I don't have an xbox anymore, but I heard "privacy>open file sharing to friends" makes it work. Hope that helps..

Banned

we have the same location!! :o

What, does nobody plays this games?

Iam still trying to beat the campaign on legendary but its taking a while since iam working.