Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Official offseason trades/signings thread.

What about Andre Igoudala for the SG spot?

Saw a basketball once

Our only option is to post everywhere about how amazing Boozer is and how much he contributes and people will eventually believe it and then when they trade for him they think they've got a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by M a K o
    Our only option is to post everywhere about how amazing Boozer is and how much he contributes and people will eventually believe it and then when they trade for him they think they've got a great deal!
    Trading Boozer will be hard to do. His contract will be hard to move and if we are able to make a trade it would probably bring back an overpaid player who's salary doesn't match his production. Alot of Bulls fans are down on Boozer, but I'm actually on the side that thinks we'd be better off keeping him. He was inconsistent yes without a doubt, but he showed us the player he's capable of being alot of times as well. Hopefully he comes back inspired to prove the doubters wrong and goes into next season with a dedicated mindset in improving in the areas we criticized him for.

Quote Originally Posted by BASTEY
    What about Andre Igoudala for the SG spot?

I like Iguodala but not at the price he would cost us.

Word is that Philadephia and Golden State are discussing a deal that would send Iguodala to GS in return for Monta Ellis.

The Bulls are also supposedly interested in Ellis but I don't believe that rumor and I hope are management isn't considering it. Ellis is an unbelieable scorer but he's a liability in too many areas for me to think he'd benefit us as a team.

I'll repeat again we need to try to get OJ Mayo. If not Wilson Chandler, JR Smith, Jason Richardson and Marcus Thornton are guys I want us to go after.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Never thought of Wilson Chandler before. I'd like to see that.

I forgot to add Nick Young as well.

If I had to rank them I would put them in the following order:

1. OJ Mayo
    2. Wilson Chandler
    3. JR Smith
    4. Nick Young
    5. Jason Richardson
    6. Marcus Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27

1. OJ Mayo
    2. Wilson Chandler
    3. JR Smith
    4. Nick Young
    5. Jason Richardson
    6. Marcus Thornton
    Let me repeat I'd be happy with any one of these guys and I feel they would help us in their own unique way and either one of the guys in this group would upgrade our starting 2 guard spot. I'll explain why I ranked them in the order that I did.

1. OJ Mayo is the most complete player on this list, the best ballhandler and would rigt away be our second best play maker.

2. Wilson Chandler is a decent offensive player that can score in a variety of ways but defensively he is extremely versatile. He's done a good job of guarding every position 1-4 in the past. He would make our defense that much better while still being able to knock down shots and score from different spots on the floor.

3. JR Smith is easily the most offensivey talented player on this list and has moments where he shows flashes of being a great defender as well. The knock on him is that he's inconsistent and sometimes shows indications of having attitude problems that lead to negatives with coaches and teammates. I've seen the maturity in him improve though and I think our roster and our coaching staff would help him.

4. Nick Young is a scorer and is very athletic. Has times in games where he just can't miss no matter where he's shooting from. Defensively he doesn't put in the effort but maybe our focus on defense would help that.

5. Jason Richardson is a veteran that would bring us experience and efficient 3-point shooting. The reason he's 5th on my list is because he's much older than the rest of the guys on here and I'd prefer to bring in a guy who's going to grow with our young core.

6. Marcus Thornton is a guy who's extremely competitive and finds a way to put the ball in the basket. My knock on him is that he's a bit undersized and not much of a defender.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

It's going to be a long summer in Bulls land.

Out of the 6 you listed I prefer J-rich the most. I think that J-rich can be had for much cheaper right now given how well Marcus played after the all star break....I can't see him being within affordability. J-rich played okay but not great or anything, plus given his age....I could see it happening.

The most intriguing guy imo was Iggy, unless Monta Ellis is a legit option for us, but I think he's too pricey. If we can somehow get Iggy, we're golden. We don't need a three point threat, we need a guy to create for himself and others. And seriously, imagine Deng and Iggy on the perimter. Fastbreak points and contested 2's galore.

Saw a basketball once

To be honest we need a scorer first and foremost and Iggy does not help that. Sure he's an elite defender but are we really gonna defend the other teams to death? We need to score and the best player available to do that is Ellis.

The best players on your list are Mayo, Thornton and JR Smith. I doubt Smith would return to Chicago but maybe Mayo would be a good deal, but we'd have to deal Gibson or Asik and I'd rather not lose them

Quote Originally Posted by M a K o
    To be honest we need a scorer first and foremost and Iggy does not help that. Sure he's an elite defender but are we really gonna defend the other teams to death? We need to score and the best player available to do that is Ellis.

The best players on your list are Mayo, Thornton and JR Smith. I doubt Smith would return to Chicago but maybe Mayo would be a good deal, but we'd have to deal Gibson or Asik and I'd rather not lose them
    I think we can get Mayo without giving up Gibson or Asik. We would most certainly have to give up our Charlotte pick though. I think a few fans are putting too much value into the Bobcats draft pick that we received. Sure it may end up being a good pick down the road but we have a team that can win now so we shouldn't wait in my opinion. The Grizzlies wanted some shooters so maybe Korver, Bobcats pick, and the 30th pick might get it done.

If that happened we would definately have to find a way to replace Korver's shooting by adding another shooter somehow.

Grant Hill and Troy Murphy are two veterans that I think would be perfect fits into our team, add quality experience and fill some needs all at the same time. Grant Hill would be a great backup for Deng. Troy Murphy would be a guy that could get into the big man rotation and provide some spacing for Rose and others since he can shoot from three as a stretch big man.

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27

1. OJ Mayo
    2. Wilson Chandler
    3. JR Smith
    4. Nick Young
    5. Jason Richardson
    6. Marcus Thornton
    not a bad list at all, but I'd probably have to add aaron afflalo ahead of jrich.. Dude's young, plays D, good work ethic and is a very good shooter. He'd probably just have to work on getting his own shot a bit more. Unfortunately, hes a restricted fa

So i've seen some rumors about Chicago working a deal with Orlando and it doesn't involve Dwight Howard.

Supposedly they're talking about Carlos Boozer and CJ Watson for Jameer Nelson, Earl Clark, and Brandon Bass plus another piece or two to make the numbers match up.

Just throwing this out there. I have no idea how legitimate it is.