Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #31
AirBonner
Jordaneering

Default Re: Dont forget, when you are looking at the stars you are seing the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKAri
Technically, when you're looking at anything you are seeing the past.
AirBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:29 AM   #32
pauk
NBA Legend

Default Re: Dont forget, when you are looking at the stars you are seing the past

...and thats only from the "visible" stars, from the "visible" milkyway from the "visible" universe...

u travel further gazillion billion trillion lightextravaganzayears beyond and that "visible universe" is just a dot surrounded by empty space/black matter.... u zoom further out and its pitch black....
u travel further and you may see some more dots on the other side... where there is other universes....
u travel further away and those universes become dots, meanwhile looking to the side u see another dot/dots (universes) on the other side....

u travel further and all those universes form a unified dot.... like a milkyway/galaxy cluster of universes....

u go... this must be it? nope! u travel further and all that shit becomes a microscopic dot... just to see on the other side there may be even more... dots...

u go... ok well now this must be it? maybe... maybe not.... we dont know...

But keep in mind, its neverending... no matter how much shit exists up there EMPTY SPACE exists, to infinity.... and thats the biggest mindblower...

Because i mean there isnt like some.... "stop"... like some magical uber game of thrones WALL or something at the end of all that empty space/dark matter.... space just keeps going and going.... and that is the only thing that blows my mind.... how it just... doesnt end, even if it did, how could it??? Even if there is some super magical molecular thermo uber force field.... there is still the other side of it.... hooowwww.... wwhhyyyy...... what if you just pop up on the far end of the furthest opposide side of all that empty space, like in Mario Bros 3 battle mode or something lol.... or maybe you just get disintegrated.... or simply it just doesnt end, how/why? just deal with it....

Lets just continue to not think about that & be reminded how stupid & tiny all humans really are... and lets instead act "educated/intelligent/powerful" about things here living our little puny lifes.... we havent even 100% explored earth...

Last edited by pauk : 09-13-2018 at 05:58 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:14 PM   #33
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Lets just continue to not think about that & be reminded how stupid & tiny all humans really are... and lets instead act "educated/intelligent/powerful" about things here living our little puny lifes.... we havent even 100% explored earth...

What's crazy is we probably have mapped more of the night sky than our own oceans. That's how far we are from knowing our own planet.

We have a loooooong way to go.. if we don't kill ourselves first and I'm not too certain that we won't kill ourselves or make Earth inhabitable somewhere inside of a thousand years. We are really screwing up our backyard on the only planet we can call home. I wish people would show more respect to mother nature. We cannot push for more oil drilling, open up more dirty coal plants, deforest more, pollute openly, overuse plastic & dump it everywhere, overfish the oceans, overbreed, overuse antibiotics and steroids in animals we eat (too much methane + too many antibiotic-resistant bacteria), overuse of pesticides.. It will catch up to us very soon, if it hasn't already, and we will be completely f*cked. There is most likely no god or fairy-tales coming to save us.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #34
Vino24
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
What's crazy is we probably have mapped more of the night sky than our own oceans. That's how far we are from knowing our own planet.

We have a loooooong way to go.. if we don't kill ourselves first and I'm not too certain that we won't kill ourselves or make Earth inhabitable somewhere inside of a thousand years. We are really screwing up our backyard on the only planet we can call home. I wish people would show more respect to mother nature. We cannot push for more oil drilling, open up more dirty coal plants, deforest more, pollute openly, overuse plastic & dump it everywhere, overfish the oceans, overbreed, overuse antibiotics and steroids in animals we eat (too much methane + too many antibiotic-resistant bacteria), overuse of pesticides.. It will catch up to us very soon, if it hasn't already, and we will be completely f*cked. There is most likely no god or fairy-tales coming to save us.
It is ingrained in our genes from our ancestors as a means of navigation and worship. Also a lot of bad shit that happened to us came from the sky (meteors, asteroids comets ect)
Vino24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:45 PM   #35
diamenz
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBonner
There is a 100% chance of intelligent life out there however due to our self destructive aggressive monkey nature there are few that would dare get near us

RACIST. I KNEW IT.
diamenz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #36
AirBonner
Jordaneering

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamenz
RACIST. I KNEW IT.
I addressed all people as monkeys. Fvck off
Old 09-14-2018, 07:49 PM   #37
diamenz

Quote:
I addressed all people as monkeys. Fvck off

i was kidding... chill out.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:54 PM   #38
AirBonner
Jordaneering

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamenz
i was kidding... chill out.
I love you
Old 09-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #39
diamenz

Quote:
I love you

Old 09-16-2018, 05:24 PM   #40
Smoke117
The King Returns...

OP, don't forget, when are you looking in the mirror you are seeing a worthless piece of garbage maggot who should kill himself.
Smoke117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:47 PM   #41
nathanjizzle
#Trump4Treason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
OP, don't forget, when are you looking in the mirror you are seeing a worthless piece of garbage maggot who should kill himself.

youre projecting what you see every morning player.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: