Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Rudy Mbemba

from fran frashchilla of espn

6-0, PG, Sweden (Solna Vikings): Please remember this name: Rudy Mbemba. I have been following this guy for five years now, and it's entirely possible that only Derrick Rose is quicker than Mbemba in this draft. In addition, he is a ridiculous physical specimen built in the Kyle Lowry mold but quicker, a better defender and has a 39-inch vertical leap. (Check him out on Youtube.com.) Physical ability has never been his issue, but his maturity and size are the only things keeping him from being a lock NBA point guard prospect and the reason he has a lot of skeptics.

Last June, at the Reebok Eurocamp in Treviso, Italy, Mbemba "terrorized" a Reebok high school all-star team made up of high-level American players who have all since signed with high-major programs. The two point guards on the trip, who are headed to Pac 10 schools, had trouble getting the ball over midcourt because Mbemba humiliated them en route to a 28-point win by the camp's international all-stars.

After returning from the camp, l worked at the Nike Steve Nash Point Guard Skills Academy soon after, and after working with D.J. Augustin, Darren Collison, Sherron Collins and some other college basketball "names," I was convinced that Mbemba is easily in the ballpark with those guys. I have a feeling that if you told NBA teams that he was from Chicago or Detroit, he'd go in the late first round. The question is, however, will they feel the same way about a point guard from Sweden?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TcNzIhZ-_FY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P-A3Jw1YrNU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gYq5fu-jYdU
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
Blackeagle
Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Rudy Mbemba

I know McHale went to see him a month or 2 ago, and had good things to say about him when he got back. McHale mentioned him being an early second round pick, but I had never heard the name at the time.

That first video was way over-edited and hard to watch... I'm not a fan of dunk contests either, but at least it shows some of his athleticism.

I'm intrigued, we'll see what happens with him. I could definitely see the wolves taking him with one of their second rounders and leaving him in europe for a couple of years. We could use another point guard in our system though.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Re: Rudy Mbemba

he's now likely to withdraw. was hurt in workouts over the weekend
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: