Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Rank these players: Current Westbrook, Current Harden and Prime Brandon Roy

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    Besides the fact that there are no way we can tell whether or not had Roy maintained his health, Aldridge would become the player he is today.

His efficiency just makes him such a great player to build around.

You put him on the Knicks right now, even with Woodson, they still might actually take the Heat to 6 if not 7. And arguably better than Rose's Bulls even with Rose being healthy.

I don't know if you can make that statement for Harden right now.
    I mean did Roy even start in 10 playoff games? He had that one good series against the Rockets, including one game that deff boosted his overall numbers. I mean could just be me, but there's nowhere near enough evident to talk about the playoffs with Roy. He was super clutch for his short stint in the regular season tho

Roy was smart so he didn't turn the ball over, also helped that Blazers teams played at a pretty slow pace. Which with Roy was a positive for him because he was never going to be a transition player and he excelled in the halfcourt with the ball in his hands.

So he was more efficient than Harden there. Not scoring the ball he wasn't, which for whatever reason people want to believe. Probably because nobody currently hates Roy except for me I mean Harden shot the 3 better, got to the line more and shot better when he got there.

16.9 shots to score 22.6 a game
    16 shots to score 21.5 a game

17 shots to score 25.9 a game
    16.5 shots to score 25.4

Default Re: Rank these players: Current Westbrook, Current Harden and Prime Brandon Roy

ROY!!!

GOATBROOK!!!

Mehhh... Harden..

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    with scott brooks coaching the team?

haha ok ok, I will give you that...

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    but was completely useless without the ball in his hands.
    You could same the same shit about Westbrook....

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    You could same the same shit about Westbrook....
    Exactly. We hear it constantly about Harden/Westbrook yet nobody mentions it with Roy. Difference being Westbrook is a 23/5/7 player who's on an entirely different level defensively. I mean he just averaged 27/7/8 in a deep playoff run, Roy never got past the 1st round and played like 12 playoff games in his career. Roy's more efficient and waaaay more controlled but IMO Westbrook is just the more talented player who has more impact. Same reason I'd take him over Harden. I mean some could argue Westbrook looked better than Durant in the playoffs, he's the only one of the 3 that could pull that off IMO.

I mean I'm going off Brandon Roy's prime, not what I think his prime could or would have been.

Harden used to be pretty effective playing off the ball, if I remember correctly from his Okc days

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Westbrook

Brandon Roy/ Harden

Roy over WB because of much higher basketball IQ and better decision making. Harden isn't in the discussion yet.

Westbrook
    Harden
    Roy