Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-03-2006, 11:09 PM   #1
brokenthumb
Kids at the park dunk on me

brokenthumb has an OK reputation so far
Default Bosh & Mopete for Arenas?

I have Arenas and got offered Bosh & Mopete...what do you think?

current team:
Arenas
Tmac
G. Wallace
R. Lewis
Dirk
Al Harrington
David West
Larry Hughes
Brad Miller
JET
Nenad Krstic
Brandon Roy
Wally

Would only leave me Terry and Roy as my point guards but would seriously upgrade my center?
brokenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It looks good, but then again, you'd have to drop someone. So say you drop Wally. You obviously lose out on three's. Gil's great for them, and wally and MoPete are on the same level. So you lose out on threes. Gils also great with steals, but he's not a TON better than MoPete, and Wally's not really a factor. Scoring you probably stay the same with Bosh/MoPete equaling Gil/Wally. But you really gain on rebounds and FT%, as well as FG%. Blocks don't really do anything either way.

In the end, I think you have to pull the trigger. Bosh is a legitimate first rounder, and MoPete's definately right in the 6-7 round. Plus you need a center, because you only have two (unless Bosh is eligible). So I say do it and drop wally. He's an injury risk anyways.

Btw, how many teams are in your league. Because that team is stacked.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
Prologue
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Prologue has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Don't Trade Arenas

2-for-1 trades are deceptive, and Bosh will miss time this year because of his foot problems. Keep Arenas and enjoy having an elite PG. Having Kristic at C is better than relying on Jason Terry and Brandon Roy as #1 PGs.

Also, it's much too early to trade a first round pick. Wait at least a month -- at least then you will have a firmer grasp of your team's weaknesses. Remember that while your team might seem weak in a particular category, you can only really determine a weakness relative to other teams in the league (example: you might not have a lot of shot blockers, but you might still be able to hold an average position in blocked shots if other teams in your league are weaker in that category).

So sit tight and see how things unfold.
Prologue is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: