Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 01-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
agummyone
Can barely lace up my sneakers

agummyone has an OK reputation so far
Default Bucks and Nuggets both get what they need

To be fair, the Bucks would have been asking Steve Blake to do things not suited to his game, i.e. score the rock. The recent rash of injuries have depleted the offense (see 70 points vs Toronto). Even if he puts up the shots, which he would have had to do with the current roster, he would not get the numbers. However, Blake is a perfect fit with Denver when Melo returns. He will run the offense, get them in their sets, and his anemic stat averages will be irrelevant. He does not need to impact the box score to be an asset to the Nuggets. George Karl loves his career assist to turnover ratio, I'm sure. Everone hates on Blake, but have you ever seen the guy up-close, in person? He's a scrawny little white guy, barely six feet tall. In order to competer in the League with those specs, you gotta have skill and heart.

Speaking of undersized overachievers, enter Earl Boykins. This guy might be the Best Ever of the 5'7" and under crowd. Spud, Mugsy, Tiny Archibald...

He's the offensive "pocket hercules". He's averaging over 15 a game and 4 plus assists. He's having a career year. An ideal stopgap measure for the Bucks, deperate to find some scoring. And when Mo and Mike return, my guess is the Bucks lead the East in scoring. Sure, he's always been a defensive liability. But he'll be paired against the backup point once the starters return, who on most NBA rosters, is not a guy who looks to score much.

I have not always been impressed with Larry Harris, at least on a personal level. When you see him, he kind of reminds you of someone's sleazy uncle who just came into a lot of money (must be the nepotism). But, ultimately he should be judged relevant to the product he puts on the court. This was a good trade. For both teams, actually (see Denver's Luxury Tax issues, Boykins/Iverson same style of play).
agummyone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: