Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #31
Local High School Star

Default Re: Bynum out another 4-6 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
yep he won't be back on 3/11 don't forget the original report was at least 8 weeks. Even if he can't come back in the regular season, he will get significant minutes in the playoffs even if its as a backup.

I wonder who the "Lakers source" who told Van Gundy they are thinking Bynum wont be back until the playoffs was.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:26 PM   #32
millencolin735
Decent playground baller

Well just saw Bynum on sportszone giving an update. He says he's still technically on schedule, but they wanna spend an extra week to redevelope the muscles in his leg, then another to help him adjust to the new team, and another to get into game shape. So thats where the extra 3 weeks came from.
millencolin735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #33
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by millencolin735
Well just saw Bynum on sportszone giving an update. He says he's still technically on schedule, but they wanna spend an extra week to redevelope the muscles in his leg, then another to help him adjust to the new team, and another to get into game shape. So thats where the extra 3 weeks came from.

Ok, so that would mean end of march then. Would be nice if he could get a good 8-10 games in before the playoffs.
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #34
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:

That sounds good to me, allows him some quality healing time to be near 100%. He'll be monsterous force when he gets back into play with the guys, they'll be scary good.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #35
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:

Nice report... thank you!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #36
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
thanks bro, i missed that i heard it was coming up and then completly blew it out... i was staining a deck chair...lol

well he'll be back, i don't see a need to rush things at this time... he'll get some games in before the end of the season and hopefully get into game shape by the playoffs...

with his position and style of play at this time in his career i'd say being in game shape is more important then getting time in with the new lineup... the set plays for him tended to be lobs, a few picks and rolls and lay ups, none of which is dependent on who he plays with as much as basic basketball sense. his own back to the basket moves were just starting to develop, his passing was reaction based on the cutters generally and rebounds were based on his ability to out jump more then out position...
don't take me wrong i'm not picking bynum apart by any means, i'm just pointing out it's not like we are trying to blend the intiator of the offense back into the fold and there's been a personel change... because bynum is so young and new to the game his game was very much that of a player who played situational and reactionary and that type of game is less dependent on knowing your teammates every little move...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: