Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #16
Papaya Petee
GORTATTTTT

Papaya Petee is a pretty well-respected posterPapaya Petee is a pretty well-respected posterPapaya Petee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: If the Hornets get #1 pick . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Only a moron would trade CP3 to get Wall.....morons I say.

Totally agree, CP3 is a 22\12\5 player, which Wall will probably never be.
Papaya Petee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #17
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

Deadpool is considered somewhat coolDeadpool is considered somewhat cool

Wall is overhyped it's not even funny. He wasn't even the best in college this year.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #18
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

Lopez + Turner > Wall

Turner is more NBA ready than Wall; apparently Turner is bigger Brandon Roy on crack
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #19
MrUnstopable
Decent college freshman

MrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong wayMrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Only a moron would trade CP3 to get Wall.....morons I say.
Your not lying.
MrUnstopable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #20
biasedfan
^_~

biasedfan has an OK reputation so far

I love how people are so quick to write off CP because he was hurt this year, If i was the hornets hell no would I trade him, do we all forget he was a very valid MVP candidate a couple years ago? The dude is the #1 PG in my eyes still.
biasedfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #21
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Trade the pick
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #22
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

Draft Wall and trade him to the team who will draft Turner + something else

or

Draft Wall and trade him (with Mo Pete or Peja or Posey) for a great SG
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #23
magnax1
Green Union's Grant

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Draft Demarcus Cousins and try and package West and Okafur together for a couple capable perimeter players. Its a 70% chance of failing, but the franchise is at a 90% chance of fail path right now.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #24
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
I'd trade Paul (try package Okafor and Stojakovic with him), and bring a huge haul of talent.

I'd have Wall play point guard, Thornton at shooting guard and then have Collison as 3rd guard.
paul for bynum. works for both teams as long as the hornets want a injury prone center.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #25
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
Totally agree, CP3 is a 22\12\5 player, which Wall will probably never be.

I mean there is a slim chance in hades but we're being practical here supposedly.

There's a chance Wall won't be as good as Collison.....the Hornets are set at the PG position so my thinking is only a moron would risk that to draft an uncertainty

I'd go out on a limb and draft Turner#1.

I'd trade the pick for two lesser picks.

I'd draft Favors or Cousins.

But one thing I'd never ever ever ever EVER do is trade away arguably the league's best PG and ball hawk for a kid that just got toasted by UWV's backup point guard.

Stats, prestigue, and all of that aside CP3 is one of the league's best competitors PERIOD...the kid has the heart of a lion and plays like he's the tallest PG in the league not barely 6 feet.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #26
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Trade #1 pick for something a bit later (#5 overall maybe?). With that later pick, draft Turner. There are a few desperate teams out there that would do anything to get John Wall. NOH may be able to land Lopez along with some cash considerations (or just Lopez alone even) for #1 overall pick. After that try to trade Okafor and West for Bosh.

CP3
Turner
Posey
Bosh
Lopez

3 potential issues with this:
-Posey might be a couple years away from retiring but who cares who their 5th player is at SF?
-Would Turner be around at #5 overall pick? It depends somewhat on what the draft order is.
-Would the Raptors be willing to take West's and Okarfor's contracts?
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: