Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Default Re: Jordan will be buried and forgotten as time goes by and the game continues to change

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    There won't be any basketball played a 100 years from now.

Humanity will either disappear or change into another species with genetic engineering, robotics and some stuff we don't even have today. I doubt sports as we know them now will last another 30 years.
    Well, 30 years is a very short time to definitively say humanity won’t exist as it has for so long to the point that sports are no longer a thing entirely but I largely agree and I will say things will be a lot different and yes that possibility is there.

AI is either going to enhance our existence in a completely unfathomable way or it’s going to wipe us out.

But all that aside... if we disregard this inevitable AI paradigm shift future and things continued on as they have for untold years and AI wasn’t a thing at all... in 100 years there will be precisely 0 people alive that watched MJ play. There will be zero people that watched Kobe at his peak and there might be 10 people total globally that watched Steph play at his peak and weren’t complete children at the time.

The point is... you guys vastly over estimate our brief little popcorn fart lives and even the most impressive among us.

How many sports players legacies have survived 100 years time? Babe Ruth? That’s about it. MJ has a chance but stretch it out to 200 and it’s guaranteed nobody gives a shit or even knows the name at all.

In 200 years precisely 0 people will give a **** about any of us except Elon Musk and he will have to get us to Mars for that to be a thing otherwise he will also be forgotten.
    Last edited by Ben Simmons 25; 01-19-2019 at 03:18 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Jordan will be buried and forgotten as time goes by and the game continues to change

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen

future generations will say "how can jordan be the goat when he could win in his era without having a 3 point shot unless it was moved in for him"

even he was dumbfounded shrugging his shoulders when he hit 6 of them

[COLOR="navy"]theres 2 guys right now nearly AVERAGING 6 threes made a game [/COLOR]
    But almost never in a single half like jordan

And MJ did that without practicing threes, whereas today's player is schooled on 3-pt shooting from junior high

Anytime jordan attempted 3 or more from the regular line, he shot 35-38% - he did that 2 times, and every other year he attempted less than 1.5, so he didn't shoot them except bailouts.. he didn't use the shot at all

Yet if you try to beat him that way (by forcing him to shoot threes), he'll shoot as well as anyone's ever shot, and in the Finals - his next-generation barrage of threes effectively ended the Finals in the first half of game 1..

So just imagine if he played today and had a bunch of sophisticated plays run for him that are designed to maximize threes, like today's player enjoys.. oh, and if he'd been shooting them.his whole life and practicing them everyday
    Last edited by 3ball; 01-19-2019 at 04:03 AM.

the media writes the narrative and they all piss on 6/6... its over played by skip and people are annoyed by it

truthfully i think kareems the goat. he always was for me and i've only been saying MJ out of respect. kareem dominated all levels of basketball more than anyone and for as long as anyone could dominate them for. winning finals MVP 14 years apart is something that will never happen again. would be like lebron winning finals mvp in 2024 at age 39/40

i no longer have respect for MJ because MJ fans have no respect for Kobe

3ball's dumbass actually said 35 year old MJ is better than peak kobe

the dudes off his meds

that's the dumbest, most beta shit i've ever read.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I somewhat agree.

Bill Russell was considered the GOAT in 1980, now people barley mention his name in the GOAT discussion.

Babe Ruth dominated his league more than Jordan did, he is a fan favorite to this day even though he played 100 years ago, but not many people believe he would be the best if he played today.

Same with football, you had guys like Jim Brown & Johnny Unitas considered the best ever, now their names barley get mentioned in the discussion, same with Joe Montana.

The NBA is evolving, to say the same thing will not happen to Jordan is ignorant, whether if it's 20 years from now or 50, it will happen. It's already happening, you see players hitting 3s left and right like it's nothing, when Jordan played that shot was non existent for the most part. People will look back at Jordan's era and laugh at how clogged the court is with no spacing, they will laugh that the power forward position were just bruisers who had no skill. Shit changes in sports, and most of the time it's for the better.

In the NFL before the 80's the west coast offense wasn't popularized, an offense that changed the entire league, and that was only less than 40 years ago. Shit, even kickers now can hit from 52-55 yards on consistent basis, when I first started watching football most teams didn't even attempt those kicks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    But almost never in a single half like jordan

And MJ did that without practicing threes, whereas today's player is schooled on 3-pt shooting from junior high

Anytime jordan attempted 3 or more from the regular line, he shot 35-38% - he did that 2 times, and every other year he attempted less than 1.5, so he didn't shoot them except bailouts.. he didn't use the shot at all

Yet if you try to beat him that way (by forcing him to shoot threes), he'll shoot as well as anyone's ever shot, and in the Finals - his next-generation barrage of threes effectively ended the Finals in the first half of game 1..

So just imagine if he played today and had a bunch of sophisticated plays run for him that are designed to maximize threes, like today's player enjoys.. oh, and if he'd been shooting them.his whole life and practicing them everyday

looooooool... stopped reading after the first sentence

kobe has a dozen games with 6 threes in a half

curry probly has 50 already

FOH

Last edited by kennethgriffen; 01-19-2019 at 04:37 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    that's the dumbest, most beta shit i've ever read.

its beta to only respect people who show that same respect back?

sorry. i refuse to help fight 3balls battles anymore... the guy is actually more delusional than lebron fans.. he gives jordan a disservice IMO

if kobe was the arguable goat i wouldnt be puffing my chest out and shitting on other fan bases

the media writes the narrative and they all piss on 6/6... its over played by skip and people are annoyed by it

truthfully i think kareems the goat. he always was for me and i've only been saying MJ out of respect. kareem dominated all levels of basketball more than anyone and for as long as anyone could dominate them for. winning finals MVP 14 years apart is something that will never happen again. would be like lebron winning finals mvp in 2024 at age 39/40

i no longer have respect for MJ because MJ fans have no respect for Kobe

[COLOR="DarkRed"]3ball's dumbass actually said 35 year old MJ is better than peak kobe [/COLOR]

the dudes off his meds

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Jordan 98' Playoffs:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 32/5/4.. 28.1 PER.. 0.265 ws/48.. 6.2 bpm.. 1.8 vorp[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="navy"]Bryant 06' Playoffs:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 27/6/5.. 19.9 PER.. 0.087 ws/48.. 2.1 bpm.. 0.2 vorp
    Bryant 01' Playoffs:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 29/7/6.. 25.1 PER.. 0.260 ws/48.. 7.3 bpm.. 1.6 vorp[/COLOR]

And when did Kobe sweep all the MVP's (regular season, Finals, all-star), while winning scoring title and 1st team all defense?... And 4th in dpoy voting... And hit the Finals-winner?.. ..

stop
    You can't refute it

98' MJ blows peak Kobe away

When did kobe sweep all 3 MVP's, while winning scoring title and 1st team all defense?

And 4th in dpoy voting... And hit the Finals-winner?..

Kobe has never come anywhere near that.. and kobe scores 30% of his team's 4th quarter points while on the floor, compared to 50% for 98' MJ... Not even close - MJ was more dominant, like I said

Banned

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Jordan 98' Playoffs:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 32/5/4.. 28.1 PER.. 0.265 ws/48.. 6.2 bpm.. 1.8 vorp[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="navy"]Bryant 06' Playoffs:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 27/6/5.. 19.9 PER.. 0.087 ws/48.. 2.1 bpm.. 0.2 vorp
    Bryant 01' Playoffs:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 29/7/6.. 25.1 PER.. 0.260 ws/48.. 7.3 bpm.. 1.6 vorp[/COLOR]

And when did Kobe sweep all the MVP's (regular season, Finals, all-star), while winning scoring title and 1st team all defense?... And hit the Finals-winner?.. ..

they had to bench 19 year old kobe for the 4th quarter to ensure jordans 98 asg mvp

malone was the true 98 season mvp

and it took some phantom calls in mjs favor and a no call leg chop game winner to win finals mvp

never brag about that shit again

Banned

You can't refute it

98' MJ blows peak Kobe away

When did kobe sweep all 3 MVP's, while winning scoring title and 1st team all defense?

And 4th in dpoy voting... And hit the Finals-winner?..

Kobe has never come anywhere near that

man you really have lost it

youre worse than simon

this is some delusional insecure shit

mj said himself kobe would beat him in his prime

and youre gonna sit there like the fat 50 year old f@ggot you are and try to tell people that jordan nearly 10 years past his prime is better than peak kobe

youre an abomination and are doing a disservice to mj and his legacy

you put skip to shame

i feel sorry for you

they had to bench 19 year old kobe for the 4th quarter to ensure jordans 98 asg mvp

malone was the true 98 season mvp

and it took some phantom calls in mjs favor and a no call leg chop game winner to win finals mvp

never brag about that shit again
    And kobe scores 30% of his team's 4th quarter points while on the floor in playoffs, compared to 50% for 98' MJ... Not even close - MJ was more dominant, like I said..

The stats, accolades, and eye test goat clutch in his 6th Finals seals the deal easily

Banned

And kobe scores 30% of his team's 4th quarter points while on the floor in playoffs, compared to 50% for 98' MJ... Not even close - MJ was more dominant, like I said..

The stats, accolades, and eye test goat clutch in his 6th Finals seals the deal easily

i cant believe youd even assume i would entertain reading another post of yours after this display

greed and insecurity has ruined you

lebron fans truly have broken you... theyre letting you do half their work at this point

youre like lebron on his tv show except way worse... saying "he was the goat even 10 years past his prime"

man... never talk to me again.. you destroyed all your cred in some pathetic attempt of greediness the likes of which has never been seen by anyone with any shred of intelligence or decency

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

[QUOTE=Ben Simmons 25]Well, 30 years is a very short time to definitively say humanity won

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Jordan 98' Playoffs:[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 32/5/4.. 28.1 PER.. 0.265 ws/48.. 6.2 bpm.. 1.8 vorp.. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="navy"]Bryant 06' Playoffs:[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] 27/6/5.. 19.9 PER.. 0.087 ws/48.. 2.1 bpm.. 0.2 vorp[/color]

Kobe with 33.8% of his team's 4th quarter points while on the floor in the 2006 playoffs, compared to 48.8% for MJ in 98' PO

Kobe got zero MVP's in 2006, while MJ swept the 3 MVP's in 1998, and had the goat clutch Finals of all time...

Ultimately, 98' MJ wins raw stats, advanced stats, accolades, clutch - and Kobe wins nothing except butchering a 3-1 lead.. only a fool would take 06' Kobe over 98' MJ.. Kobe is a 6'6" iverson chucker, while 98' MJ was blowing our minds with his 6th ring and iconic final shot.. it's not close

(and yes, I was throwing Kobe a bone in the other thread, a pat on the head to the inferior player... :.. but you turned on me.. so now I gotta go in on the REAL kobe, a 6'6" iverson chucker, a carried knock-off.. maybe the most carried great player ever.)
    Last edited by 3ball; 01-19-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Banned

3ball is legit senile