Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 09-02-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
ebonics
Lord give me a sign

ebonics has not been impressing people
Default how will you do?

how many games will you all win this year? and do you think rashard lewis will make it to the allstar game this year?
ebonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
suedon70
Can barely lace up my sneakers

suedon70 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: how will you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonics
how many games will you all win this year? and do you think rashard lewis will make it to the allstar game this year?

At least 50 games & no, he won't.....
suedon70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think that the magic will get about 42 games in the win column...

No all star game for the shard..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:52 PM   #4
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I think the Magic could go anywhere in the top 20. Obviously with Rashard and Dwight, they probably won't be top 5, but that is still possible. If they are, then It'd be great because they could get O.J. Mayo or someone to pair up with Howard, which would be awesome, and 6-15 there would most likely be a quality two available. 15-20 would be great, maybe not from a draft position standpoint, but it shows that things are working out.

No I don't think Rashard will make it to the All-Star game. Dwight will, and I think he'll be the starting Center.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #5
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

I say win around 45 games. And no, Rashard Lewis probably will not be an All-Star.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #6
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

For a more definite answer, I'd say 33 wins.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:50 PM   #7
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
For a more definite answer, I'd say 33 wins.

No, the team is improved from last year. No way the Magic get only 33 wins.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:39 AM   #8
sick_brah07
Local High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

48 wins, rashard could maybe make the team but would be like the 10th 11th guy
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:46 PM   #9
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
No, the team is improved from last year. No way the Magic get only 33 wins.

They haven't improved since last season. Their front-line is amongst the worst in the league because they lost Darko and Battie. Looking at them two players, their front-line wasn't strong to begin with but now they don't even have that.

Then you have the major loss of Grant Hill who was this teams emotional leader. He was also a consistent (when healthy) 15/4/4 player with good shooting percentages.

All the Magic did this off-season was grossly overpay Rashard Lewis for way too many years and sign a shot-blocker who isn't going to help with anything (Adonal Foyle). He might have smarts about his game, but the talent IS NOT there.

Can someone explain to me how they've gotten BETTER? without mentioning Dwight Howards improvement. It's not like he's going to win you many games to begin with anyway. If he was, then there wouldn't have been such a need to sign Lewis to a HUGE contract.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #10
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
They haven't improved since last season. Their front-line is amongst the worst in the league because they lost Darko and Battie.

You've gotta be kidding me, their frontcourt is the thing that stands out that's better this year. Darko was an average player last season, good for him but average for the NBA. The frontcourt of Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis, and Adonal Foyle is superior to the frontcourt of Dwight Howard, Darko Milicic, and an unmotivated Grant Hill.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:55 PM   #11
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
You've gotta be kidding me, their frontcourt is the thing that stands out that's better this year. Darko was an average player last season, good for him but average for the NBA. The frontcourt of Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis, and Adonal Foyle is superior to the frontcourt of Dwight Howard, Darko Milicic, and an unmotivated Grant Hill.

You know you're in trouble when you have a small forward whos primarly a shooter playing the PF position for you. You also know you're in trouble when your number one big man off the bench is Adonal Foyle. Please dude, everything about the front-court screams ****.

I'm not counting SF as front court either. I mean big men. If you had read the post before yours I said that their talent is their SF position. I'm not knocking on them for that. But their FRONTCOURT ie. PF/C is pathetic. No team can win with just two true big players (one who is a minimum wage player) and a few guys playing out of position. It's just not possible that they've become better.

Had they kept Darko, and made some sort of effort to keep Hill (who actually wanted to say here, and was consistently the teams best player last season. How's that for unmotivated?) then they probably would have had a case for being a better team then they were.

Look at it this way:

Rashard Lewis is only SLIGHTLY better than an in-shape, 35 year old Hill.
Darko is MUCH better than Foyle.
Diener is probably better than Arroyo, but they released him for nothing.
Tony Battie is out of the season.
Trevor Ariza has been injured all off-season and will take a while to get back.

How does all of that, all those losses equal up to a better team?

You're probably going to give me the whole development speech, but Dwight Howard is not going to win you many more games than he did last season. He's still not a great offensive player. If the Magic were confident with how his game was going to be progressing they wouldn't have overpayed for Rashard Lewis. They would have gotten some proper big men to back him up and maybe a few more decent players to add to the guard rotation.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:23 AM   #12
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Look at it this way:

Rashard Lewis is only SLIGHTLY better than an in-shape, 35 year old Hill.
Darko is MUCH better than Foyle.
Diener is probably better than Arroyo, but they released him for nothing.
Tony Battie is out of the season.
Trevor Ariza has been injured all off-season and will take a while to get back.

How does all of that, all those losses equal up to a better team?

You're probably going to give me the whole development speech, but Dwight Howard is not going to win you many more games than he did last season. He's still not a great offensive player. If the Magic were confident with how his game was going to be progressing they wouldn't have overpayed for Rashard Lewis. They would have gotten some proper big men to back him up and maybe a few more decent players to add to the guard rotation.

Alright, first off, Darko is not "MUCH better" than Foyle. Adonal can play, people don't realize that. He averaged 7 and a half points and 6 rebounds per game in the preseason, and before you start telling me "Yes, but it's the preseason", Dwight Howard averaged 18 points and 10 rebounds in the preseason. That looks pretty realistic.

Diener is not better than Arroyo. The Magic released him for an obvious reason - they were filled with point guards. They would have had Jameer, Dooling, Arroyo, and Diener. THey really needed help up front instead of another point guard, so they released him. James Augustine looks to be a good big man the team could use, and I think he's going to prove his worth this year.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:13 PM   #13
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Ian has decent reputation

My thoughts on how the Magic will do:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...44&postcount=4

These threads are pretty much the same...but whatever.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: