Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-26-2010, 12:05 AM   #646
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Week 7 Discussion and Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
They certainly looked like it tonight. I still have some concerns, though. They were beaten soundly twice. Now, those were two AFC teams, but still... You don't often see true SB contenders getting it handed to them like the Giants did against the Colts and Titans.

They got smacked around a few times in 2007 before they won the Super Bowl. They were calling for Caughlin's job during the middle of the season.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:06 AM   #647
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dez Bryant is definitely legit.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:07 AM   #648
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. Intermediate routes to the TE seem to be the only thing that Kitna has any confidence in.

On the flip-side, Miles Austin owners are in for a rude awakening. Thankfully, I have Witten in the ISH Money League.

Picked up Dez Bryant this week, think I'm gonna hold on to him.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:15 AM   #649
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Since misery loves company, why don't the Cowboys trade for Favre since they need a QB anyway?
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #650
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
With Kitna?

Nah. We would be favorites regardless of location. I don't mean to rub it in (I really don't.... honestly), but the Browns have been in every game late during this season and we just pounded the defending champs in New Orleans. Plus, McCoy is looking like the real deal. Not one time this year have the Browns been beaten the way that the Cowboys were beaten tonight (and we are down to our 3rd string QB).

Putting on my best Clinton voice, -pt-, I feel your pain. This is what we have to deal with every f#cking season. It is brutal.
10/31 1:00 ET San Francisco(At London) -1 Denver
10/31 1:00 ET At Dallas -6.5 Jacksonville
10/31 1:00 ET At Detroit -2.5 Washington
10/31 1:00 ET At NY Jets -6 Green Bay
10/31 1:00 ET At St. Louis -3 Carolina
10/31 1:00 ET At Cincinnati -2 Miami
10/31 1:00 ET At Kansas City -7.5 Buffalo
10/31 4:05 ET At San Diego -3.5 Tennessee
10/31 4:15 ET At Arizona -3 Tampa Bay
10/31 4:15 ET At Oakland -2.5 Seattle
10/31 4:15 ET At New England -6 Minnesota
10/31 8:20 ET At New Orleans -1 Pittsburgh

Monday Night Football Point Spread

11/1 8:35 ET At Indianapolis -5.5 Houston

^^^ WITH Kitna, Dallas is a TD favorite to the Jags

I don't think it would be all that different to a Colt McCoy led Browns team...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #651
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^The Browns are playing their best football with McCoy at the helm. I'm not sure how him starting would negatively impact our game line. Regardless, betting lines aren't necessarily an indication of how the game will go or who should be the favorite, it is representative of how they think the betting public will be most inclined to lay down a few bucks.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:49 AM   #652
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
^^^The Browns are playing their best football with McCoy at the helm. I'm not sure how him starting would negatively impact our game line. Regardless, betting lines aren't necessarily an indication of how the game will go or who should be the favorite, it is representative of how they think the betting public will be most inclined to lay down a few bucks.
just cause he is a rookie being groomed...

he had 74 yards against the Saints, 0 TDs and 0 INTs

he might turn out to be a probowler but the this year the odds are he is going to struggle at times, much like Kitna...

Dallas has more weapons outside of QB, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking them but if I was forced to choose a team it would be Dallas...

I don't think I would take Dallas -6.5 with Kitna vs anyone though...that kinda shocked me...

the Jags are the 2nd biggest underdogs in the NFL next week vs. the 1-5 Cowboys...lol

(btw, the line is created by the gamlers themselves, it is a representation of who is putting there money where)
Old 10-27-2010, 01:02 AM   #653
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Anyone can throw on the Jags.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #654
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
just cause he is a rookie being groomed...

he had 74 yards against the Saints, 0 TDs and 0 INTs

There was really no sense in him throwing against the Saints. We jumped out to a huge lead and our defense totally shut them down. When he was called upon to air the ball out, he was very accurate and very smart not to make mistakes. He threw for 270 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT against the Steelers the week before.

I'm not saying that he is Peyton Manning, but anyone that has watched the Browns this season should come to the clear conclusion that he is our best option, even with Delhomme and Wallace healthy. The kid has command of the huddle and just doesn't make mistakes.

Quote:
Dallas has more weapons outside of QB, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking them but if I was forced to choose a team it would be Dallas...

Dallas has more 'talent' than 90-percent of the teams in the league. That hasn't gotten them very far. What the Browns do have is one of the best offensive lines in the NFL and a beast of a running back. The defense isn't filled with big names, but they have been very good this year. The additions of Haden and Ward in the secondary have been huge.

Look.... It would probably be a hell of a game... Which is something I never thought I would say about a Browns-Cowboys game coming into this season. We have exceeded expectations, not so much with our record, but how tough we have played some really good teams on an incredibly difficult schedule... And the Cowboys have clearly underachieved.

Quote:
(btw, the line is created by the gamlers themselves, it is a representation of who is putting there money where)
Not the opening line. That is created by the professionals, then it fluctuates based on betting trends.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:27 AM   #655
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
There was really no sense in him throwing against the Saints. We jumped out to a huge lead and our defense totally shut them down. When he was called upon to air the ball out, he was very accurate and very smart not to make mistakes. He threw for 270 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT against the Steelers the week before.

I'm not saying that he is Peyton Manning, but anyone that has watched the Browns this season should come to the clear conclusion that he is our best option, even with Delhomme and Wallace healthy. The kid has command of the huddle and just doesn't make mistakes.

Dallas has more 'talent' than 90-percent of the teams in the league. That hasn't gotten them very far. What the Browns do have is one of the best offensive lines in the NFL and a beast of a running back. The defense isn't filled with big names, but they have been very good this year. The additions of Haden and Ward in the secondary have been huge.

Look.... It would probably be a hell of a game... Which is something I never thought I would say about a Browns-Cowboys game coming into this season. We have exceeded expectations, not so much with our record, but how tough we have played some really good teams on an incredibly difficult schedule... And the Cowboys have clearly underachieved.

Not the opening line. That is created by the professionals, then it fluctuates based on betting trends.
okay to all of that...I agree and have no dispute...lol

the only real thing I was trying to point out is that I do believe the Browns would be viewed as underdogs to Dallas with Kitna, that's all.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #656
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/101318

damn greggyy
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: