Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Justified!

Default Re: Justified!

New season and more awesomeness Catch up if you haven't had the chance yet. I just watched E03 and shit is about to get real...AGAIN.

Bump!

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

This Raylan/Art arc should get pretty interesting. Meanwhile, that small Darryl and Boyd back-and-forth was awesome and I'm hoping to see them in more scenes together going forward. Michael Rappaport is killing it.

I'm a little put off they killed the black dude, I think he had more potential as a character than Darryl's brother does, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    This Raylan/Art arc should get pretty interesting. Meanwhile, that small Darryl and Boyd back-and-forth was awesome and I'm hoping to see them in more scenes together going forward. Michael Rappaport is killing it.

I'm a little put off they killed the black dude, I think he had more potential as a character than Darryl's brother does, but we'll see.
    The Haitian looked cartoonish and stereotypical IMO, unless he was introduced as a major player they could never flesh him out. On Rappaport I second your opinion, excellent cast, he surprised me for sure.
    How do you think is Boyd gonna deal with him now that apparently Darryl has got the upper hand, as brief as it might be? His moronic brother will be his undoing though, dude has made too many mistakes to survive much longer. I also like getting to know Boyd's crew better now, that was something that needed to be addressed. Additionally I'm so glad to be done with Johnny finally, he had expired by the end of season 2 if you ask me.
    There is so much going on in this season, Ava is gonna become a true badass now, once Boyd gets the Heroin into the prison Ava will prepare to eliminate that old hag and take the reigns.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I started this about three weeks ago on Amazon and I've already ripped through three seasons. I'm really enjoying the hell out of it. Raylan is the perfect blend of charm and vigilante badass. And Boyd is among best antagonists I can recall on TV, his speaking pattern alone is awesome.

About halfway through the first season it was still a little rough. Each episode seemed somewhat self contained. There would be a weekly bad guy, he would never be quite as bad as it seemed, and there was always someone worse out there. Eventually Raylan would shoot someone, and they'd determine if it were "Justified". But after those half dozen episodes or so, when they started getting back into the local tribal stuff, and reconnected the Miami shooting, and refocused on the Crowders and the Bennetts, it really took off.

I just finished season three which is the season with Quarles coming from Detroit and hooking up with Win Duffy to try to set up an Oxy distribution business. Quarles was a bit over the top. It's probably not noticeable if you're watching week to week over years, but the Win Duffy character seemed weird after playing the psycho to Winona and Gary in earlier seasons, and then being scared of Quarles. The whole plot of everyone ratting on everyone and snooping around the Bennett fortune probably looped around itself a few too many times, but it was still fun.

I would also really love to nail Winona.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    About halfway through the first season it was still a little rough. Each episode seemed somewhat self contained. There would be a weekly bad guy, he would never be quite as bad as it seemed, and there was always someone worse out there. Eventually Raylan would shoot someone, and they'd determine if it were "Justified". But after those half dozen episodes or so, when they started getting back into the local tribal stuff, and reconnected the Miami shooting, and refocused on the Crowders and the Bennetts, it really took off.
    Definitely. I actually thought it was pretty lame for a good chunk of the first season but the charisma of the Raylan and Boyd characters kept me coming back until it found its stride. Turned into a great, great show.

I just finished season three which is the season with Quarles coming from Detroit and hooking up with Win Duffy to try to set up an Oxy distribution business. Quarles was a bit over the top. It's probably not noticeable if you're watching week to week over years, but the Win Duffy character seemed weird after playing the psycho to Winona and Gary in earlier seasons, and then being scared of Quarles. The whole plot of everyone ratting on everyone and snooping around the Bennett fortune probably looped around itself a few too many times, but it was still fun.
    I think the idea behind Quarles being over the top is that he would need to be for a psycho like Wynn Duffy to be afraid of him. Duffy turned into an awesome character too and the exchanges between him and Raylan were always good. Really enjoyed the bar scene where Raylan says "Why wait?" to Quarles' threat and Wynn's reaction gets me lol'ing every time.

I would also really love to nail Winona.
    No fcking doubt.

Now that I'm onto season four ... I'd really like to nail Lindsey the bartender. Although I'm still team Winona.

Not a huge Ava fan for whatever reason.

Decent playground baller lil jahlil's Avatar

Never could get into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Now that I'm onto season four ... I'd really like to nail Lindsey the bartender. Although I'm still team Winona.

Not a huge Ava fan for whatever reason.
    One of the rare shows that started well and concluded well IMO.

I finished season 5 last night, which is the last of the free seasons on Amazon. I'll probably buy Season 6 next week. I was shocked at how good Micheal Rapaport was as Daryl Crow Jr. It's the best work I can recall him doing. I wasn't terribly fond of the Ava storyline in the prison. But I did like how they used it to set up the final season. And bringing the final season back to Ava, Boyd, Raylan (apparently) is a nice way to tie it up.