Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2007, 10:42 AM   #31
Jballer
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,437
Default Re: Wouldn't it be awesome if Raptors met Nets in the playoffs?

Please discuss your Nets hopes and wishes in your own forum....

I would rather see the Raptors play Washington. Hell I would rather see them play Chicago, or Detroit, Cleveland or Miami.

Hell I would rather see them play anyone before the Nets..

I think that based on the "gut check" type of games the Raptors are playing they have a fair shot to beat anyone in the first round. Espcecially if the opposition takes them too lightly.

The Raptors are still a young team with a decent 1-2-3 nucleus of Bosh Ford Barges, and decent depth. They lack 3 (maybe 4) pieced to be an "elite" team but they are a lot closer than Knicks, Nets, Pacers, and everyone else below them.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #32
hoopia
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 109
Default Re: Wouldn't it be awesome if Raptors met Nets in the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Please discuss your Nets hopes and wishes in your own forum....

I would rather see the Raptors play Washington. Hell I would rather see them play Chicago, or Detroit, Cleveland or Miami.

Hell I would rather see them play anyone before the Nets..

I think that based on the "gut check" type of games the Raptors are playing they have a fair shot to beat anyone in the first round. Espcecially if the opposition takes them too lightly.

The Raptors are still a young team with a decent 1-2-3 nucleus of Bosh Ford Barges, and decent depth. They lack 3 (maybe 4) pieced to be an "elite" team but they are a lot closer than Knicks, Nets, Pacers, and everyone else below them.

Actually, VCDRIVESAFORD is one of those decent posters around here. He presents topic of dicussions that valid and interesting.He is a good contributor and not arrogant with his view.
This is exactly how someone should behave when they go to in others' forum
Also,VCD's topics all have relevance to the Raps so its all good.
hoopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:09 PM   #33
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 8,314
Default Re: Wouldn't it be awesome if Raptors met Nets in the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopia
Actually, VCDRIVESAFORD? is one of those decent posters around here. He presents topic of dicussions that valid and interesting.He is a good contributor and not arrogant with his view.
This is exactly how someone should behave when they go to in others' forum
Also,VCD's topics all have relevance to the Raps so its all good.
Yeah, I agree. Some, (usually knicks fans) would just come in here and say that the Raptors suck or have an extremely biased point of view. VCDAPTW actually looks at things analytically.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #34
huppcap
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 927
Default Re: Wouldn't it be awesome if Raptors met Nets in the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Please discuss your Nets hopes and wishes in your own forum....

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is a good poster. There are Raptor fans which post in the Nets forum; some are respectful and some are not and try to cause trouble.

He is respect in ours and gives intelligent analysis and does not put others down. Those kind of guys are welcome.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #35
huppcap
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 927
Default Re: Wouldn't it be awesome if Raptors met Nets in the playoffs?

It could for difficult for the Raptors to hold down the 3rd seed and home court. Miami seems to have an easier schedule. They play Cleveland (LeBron at 100%) tonight and an injury plagued Wizards next week.

The Raptors have to play Chicago once and Detroit twice.

Looking at Miami's schedule they could possibly go 6-2 or 7-1 since they are historically strong season finishers the past 3 years. If they go 6-2 they end up 46-36.

The Raps have to avoid a tie with them so they need to end up at 47-35; so finish 5-2. This means they have to win at least one from Chicago or Detroit and not disappoint in any of the 4 games against non-playoff teams.

The Raps may be seeded 4th and lose home court which is huge and have to play Chicago/Cleveland.

We will know in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by huppcap : 04-05-2007 at 02:45 PM.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:56 AM   #36
crazedcanuck
Learning to shoot layups
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 80
Default Re: Wouldn't it be awesome if Raptors met Nets in the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsguys
So you're saying you hate Wince enough that you would rather play a HOT NJ team (they would have to be to get there) than a depleted Wizards team???

I would love to see VC get taken out by the raps but I'd take my chance waiting to a later round.

A hot NJ team?? lol, 5/5 in their last 10, they are really onfire... :
crazedcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:17 AM   #37
Gregsguys
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
Gregsguys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 613
Default Re: Wouldn't it be awesome if Raptors met Nets in the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedcanuck
A hot NJ team?? lol, 5/5 in their last 10, they are really onfire... :

I definitely didn't mean Hot NOW, but to get the sixth seed from Washington they would have to get HOT. Thats the last thing I want to see is the Nets actually figuring out that they have some talent and can play..
Gregsguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #38
PapeTucker
Saw a basketball once
 
PapeTucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12
Default Re: Wouldn't it be awesome if Raptors met Nets in the playoffs?

The whole Jersey vs.T.O. series would definately be a huge party at the ACC with Cartman being the major target as usual.

The biggest worry is that the Nets would use the opportunity to finally try to prove to themselves how much they really think that they deserved to be the Atlantic Con champs and this could wind up being an early exit for Raps.

Vincy loves to play when he want's to and this would be his stage.Never forgetting about the dagger in JKidd either.

Maybe a great match-up in terms of pure entertainment value but a helluva lot more dangerous than a Wizard match-up.
PapeTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:19 AM   #39
hoopia
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 109
Default Re: Wouldn't it be awesome if Raptors met Nets in the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapeTucker
The whole Jersey vs.T.O. series would definately be a huge party at the ACC with Cartman being the major target as usual.

The biggest worry is that the Nets would use the opportunity to finally try to prove to themselves how much they really think that they deserved to be the Atlantic Con champs and this could wind up being an early exit for Raps.

Vincy loves to play when he want's to and this would be his stage.Never forgetting about the dagger in JKidd either.

Maybe a great match-up in terms of pure entertainment value but a helluva lot more dangerous than a Wizard match-up.

Man... you are so right about that.
N J might just be tip-toeing into the play off but come play off series time they could be a dangerous opponent. They have the experience and their big 3's will step it up big time. They have a potential of advancing to the second round and I dont want that to happen. No ,not when Wince is there.


N.J used to be one of my fav team,up until Wince deserted us and join them.
hoopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #40
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds
 
A.M.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: plane of pure scrumtrulesence
Posts: 3,465
Default Re: Wouldn't it be awesome if Raptors met Nets in the playoffs?

"Wouldn't it be awesome if Raptors met Nets in the playoffs?"

No, it really wouldn't, as it turns out. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. Next year Raps will win the second Playoff series in franchise history.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy