Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #16
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Default Re: Official 2007-2008 Maple Leafs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
i just don't understand why the leafs don't blow everything up and just re-build... in the new NHL, it only takes a couple of years or so to rebuild... it's not like a 5-year plan or anything long-term... REBUILD!!! and yea, nice spanking tonight...
I completely agree with you on this. I have been saying that for a while and I still don't understand why they don't rebuild. The team is nothing more then a 8th seed, 7th at best, but for some reason their moron of a GM thinks they are a Stanley Cup contender. Ferguson is an idiot and he NEEDS to go and go soon. They aren't going anywhere with him running the team.

The sad thing is that they have pretty much no young talent coming up. I mean they have Wellwood who should be a solid player, but he isn't going to be a star. They have Stajan and Steen, who like Wellwood, will both have solid careers but they won't be 1st liners. The only real young talent they have is Justin Pogge. But I doubt we will even see him up with the Leafs for another 2 years.

But yeah, the Leafs definetly need to rebuild but Feruson won't.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #17
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Jiri Tlusty? Nikolai Kulemin? Anton Stralman?

All three of those are expected to have very good careers in the NHL.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #18
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Jiri Tlusty? Nikolai Kulemin? Anton Stralman?

All three of those are expected to have very good careers in the NHL.
I meant of the ones that are with the Marlies or with the Leafs at the present moment.

None of them are with the club at the present time are they?

Last edited by The Italian : 10-12-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:28 AM   #19
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

The problem with the Leafs is the unconditional support of the fans. The Leafs will never rebuild because the fans are in constant support of the team. As long as John Ferguson can slide backwards into that 8th seed every year, he'll never be pressured, the Leafs will make their money and everyone will be happy. It's ridiculous, the team blows and has no future, nor any chance at winning in the present. I'm from the Toronto area but find no reason to support an excuse like the Leafs.

That being said, they won 8-1 tonight in an impressive rebound performance, Mats Sundin became the Leafs all time leading scorer I believe, the only decent offensive player the Leafs have right now, my hats off to Mats, he's gone through alot of mediocrity with this team and has always been a classy captain.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #20
Tool
Ball til I fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
The problem with the Leafs is the unconditional support of the fans. The Leafs will never rebuild because the fans are in constant support of the team. As long as John Ferguson can slide backwards into that 8th seed every year, he'll never be pressured, the Leafs will make their money and everyone will be happy. It's ridiculous, the team blows and has no future, nor any chance at winning in the present. I'm from the Toronto area but find no reason to support an excuse like the Leafs.

I pretty much agree with this, the only difference is I'm a huge hockey fan and they pretty much only show Leaf games on tv so I'm pretty much stuck watching them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
That being said, they won 8-1 tonight in an impressive rebound performance, Mats Sundin became the Leafs all time leading scorer I believe, the only decent offensive player the Leafs have right now, my hats off to Mats, he's gone through alot of mediocrity with this team and has always been a classy captain.

Mind you Sitler recorded his points in fewer games than Mats so I wouldn't say Mats is the greatest player in franchise history
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #21
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Yes that was a very impressive performance against the Islanders. I was shocked to see the Leafs score so many goals. It isn't too often that they have an offensive outburst like that. It was great to see the Leafs play so well offensively. Stajan had a great game with 1 goal and 4 assists. I have really been impressed with him so far this year. He has played very well and had a lot of chances. I hope he can keep up his solid play.

Also, congratulations to Sundin on passing Sitler on the Leafs all time goals and points list. That was a great moment in his career and it was well deserved. He has been nothing but loyal to this franchise. He has been with them through thick and thin and not once has he complained. He is a very classy captin and I am glad that my favourite player of all time is now the Leafs all time leading scorer. Mind you I sill consider Sitler the better player, but that doesn't make this accomplishment any less remarkable.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:04 AM   #22
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
I meant of the ones that are with the Marlies or with the Leafs at the present moment.

None of them are with the club at the present time are they?

Tlusty is with the Marlies.
Stralman is with the Leafs.
Kulemin is in his final year in Russia and is confirmed to be coming over next year and is expected to play with the Leafs.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:35 PM   #23
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Kulemin is in his final year in Russia and is confirmed to be coming over next year and is expected to play with the Leafs.

pwned.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #24
Tool
Ball til I fall

White? Colaiacovo? Gamache?

What do you mean we have no young talent.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #25
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

The Leafs are re-building on the fly and I like it.

A good mix of youth and veterans and new youth entering each year.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:53 PM   #26
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
White? Colaiacovo? Gamache?

What do you mean we have no young talent.
White yes, I forgot about him.

Coliacovo I don't even know what is going on with him. Doubt he will ever amount to anything because whenever he starts playing good, he gets hurt.

I said that we don't have any future stars. I never said that we didn't have any young talent, I just said that we didn't have any young talent that were predicted to be stars. (At least I think I did and if I didn't I meant to)

Quote:

Damn, I feel like an idiot now.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:59 PM   #27
Tool
Ball til I fall

Thumbs up Re: Official 2007-2008 Maple Leafs Thread

After Sundin goes, we should bring in Ovechkin thats a sign of rebuilding since Italian wants to rebuild so badly.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:35 PM   #28
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
After Sundin goes, we should bring in Ovechkin thats a sign of rebuilding since Italian wants to rebuild so badly.
So do you really think that the way this team is ever going to amount to anything? They are a fringe playoff team as they stand and quite frankly, I don't see them contending for a Stanley Cup in the future either. I don't understand why you would not want to rebuild because I really don't see this team doing any sort of damage now, or in the future.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #29
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

I can't believe they blew that game last night. They definetly should've had that game but yet another 3rd period collapse cost them a very valubale point.

The Leafs can't play a solid 60 minutes of good hockey. They play great for the first 40 minutes but in the 3rd they just collapse. They need to adress this issue.

Last edited by The Italian : 10-17-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:03 PM   #30
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
... The Raps can't play a solid 60 minutes of good hockey...

I'd be surprised if they could even skate But anyway I agree with comments above... blow up the team. Whats the purpose of being a middle of the road team into perpetuity? But FIRST fire the GM. Helpful hint to MLSE staff: go online, find one of those free IQ tests and have your next GM do one before you hire em. Try to get someone over 80 next time ok? Sheesh. Why on earth, please some one tell me, would a zillion dollar professional sports franchise hire a joe blow nothing ignorant know-nothing? Why? Zero Leaf support from me until the World Greatest Team hires quality and builds from the ground up. I can name 12 people I saw on TV commercials who would be better candidates. Many have names like Brandy Biggums. I know 2 cats who are better thinkers. I saw a 4 year kid the other day who could speak better than Ferguson. Wait, ALL 4 year old I have ever met are bette communicators. Reading these silly trade proposals from ISH posters nonetheless convinces me every 16 yr old GM here is a better candiadate. Hell, hire a blond bimbo to be GM, at least she'll do less harm and provide some stress relief or the players on road trips.

Anybody remember the Gardens during the Brophy Years? Weakest leaf coach in 50 years? Was anybody there for the 10 straight game of Brophy booing? That's what be need. Rather than those long Broooooooooooooo - oooooo - - oooooo - oooooooo- phy -eeeeeeeeeee chants. We need a new hipper chant at Every game.

Save the Leafs! Fi-re Fer-gus-on!

Ok

I'm done.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: