Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Default Re: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Mo Williams would suck Pat Riley's dick to be a Heat.
    Healthy Mike Miller would actually be a good fit for the Clips. Good off the ball player, efficient, doesn't need many shots and has good size.

I usually hit open layups Z Saber's Avatar

Default Re: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

not a bad trade for clippers are people seems it is too much. gordon may not even be an allstar and he is always injured.

you got cp3 who makes the players around him better. just look at what cp3 did to chandler where is chandler now? imagine what cp3 can do for DJ . and Blake.. it will be alley-oop town... you still have caron butler and gomes.

trade mo williams for a decent sg and you are set. i just hope no one gets injured....

cp3 + blake and DJ.. scary big three for the years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by cranincu
    the clippers gave away a future hall of famer with that minnesota pick

what a bad trade
    I'm willing to bet this pick lands on the outside of the top ten...maybe outside of the lottery.

That Minnesota team has a lot of depth and talent and will steal some wins against teams that will rest their starters on those back to backs and the back to back to backs.

If any of the top teams clinch a spot early enough and the Wolves play them, they could steal some wins from teams resting their starters for the playoffs.

I think the Clippers will regret losing Gordon a LOT more than losing a possible late lottery pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    but who wants mo williams? is there a single team?
    Then amnesty him and sign and trade Samuel Dalembert.

Dalembert and Griffin up front is fantastic defensively.

Or

Detroit gets

Mo Williams (expirer)

Clippers get

Charlie Villanueva

CV becomes a solid 6th man at 3 and 4.

The Pistons get rid of CV's contract.

as a wiz fan, I hope the best for all teams that have had a history of struggling and its nice to see that the clippers can move to being an elite team

Banned

people under estimate chemistry and attitudes. whats this say about the clippers franchise?? they ****ed up once again and let a future star go. its going to set them back. whats this say to current clipper players now and future clipper players?? they always have to worry about being traded. guess im just lucky to be a spurs fan. we dont lose our stars. its all about chemistry

this is the reason and the only reason this trade sucks. they're giving up a young star who genuinely likes being here for a guy who might leave in 2 years.
    I think this trade sucks for multiple reasons, but this is one of them.

I mean Gordon was just telling the reports yesterday that he wanted to stay here long-term, and that he + Olshey were working on an extension.

But I should have known something was fishy when Neil Olshey said that "Gordon's extension wasn't a priority" until after they were done picking up Billups.

Banned

That^

Quote Originally Posted by Bird
    I'm willing to bet this pick lands on the outside of the top ten...maybe outside of the lottery.

That Minnesota team has a lot of depth and talent and will steal some wins against teams that will rest their starters on those back to backs and the back to back to backs.

If any of the top teams clinch a spot early enough and the Wolves play them, they could steal some wins from teams resting their starters for the playoffs.

I think the Clippers will regret losing Gordon a LOT more than losing a possible late lottery pick.
    The biggest thing the Wolves have is Rick Adelman.
    They should be a competitive team.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

this is the reason and the only reason this trade sucks. they're giving up a young star who genuinely likes being here for a guy who might leave in 2 years.
    Why would he leave, he can't ask for anything better than playing with Blake in LA

Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
    people under estimate chemistry and attitudes. whats this say about the clippers franchise?? they ****ed up once again and let a future star go. its going to set them back. whats this say to current clipper players now and future clipper players?? they always have to worry about being traded. guess im just lucky to be a spurs fan. we dont lose our stars. its all about chemistry
    I cannot believe I am actually agreeing with MooseJuice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bird

Agreed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Then amnesty him and sign and trade Samuel Dalembert.

Dalembert and Griffin up front is fantastic defensively.

Or

Detroit gets

Mo Williams (expirer)

Clippers get

Charlie Villanueva

CV becomes a solid 6th man at 3 and 4.

The Pistons get rid of CV's contract.
    Both are very unlikely to happen.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Too much to give up.

Paul is incredibly good but has an injury history and an uncertain long-term outlook contract-wise. I wouldn't have given up both Gordon and the pick. One of them or I'd walk away.

This is a hell of a deal to start rebuilding with for the Hornets though.