Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Josh Smith's benching last night

Smith doesn't look right out there. He wasn't even noticeable. Smith vs Iggy at small forward?

NBA Superstar

I wouldn't put too much stock in Smith's limited minutes last night. The Pistons were throttled from the start and spent 40 minutes of that contest down by 20+. In those instances, coaches tend to take a lot of different approaches, including trying lesser used options. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Luigi Datome, and Tony Mitchell all saw a lot of time last night.

That's not to say there's not a problem with Smith, because what do I know? But it's not as if last night was a competitive match. It was the second game of a west coast back-to-back for Detroit and they were getting rocked. It could be something more, or it really could have been Maurice Cheeks just being frustrated with the result and going in another direction for the evening. After all, Smith's still averaging 35 minutes a night thus far.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheese
    Josh chucks bad shots regardless of his position. He has the worst shot selection in the league. Even last year at PF his TS% was comparable to monta ellis and this was with a team with some of the best spacing in the league that gave him all the room to work in the post and drive to the rim.
    I agree. I don

NBA Superstar

[QUOTE=R.I.P.]I agree. I don

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

The Pistons should totally trade Monroe + salary fillers for Rudy Gay. Move Smith to PF where he should be and let us all enjoy the hilarity of Gay, Jennings and Smith all being in the same starting lineup.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    The Pistons should totally trade Monroe + salary fillers for Rudy Gay. Move Smith to PF where he should be and let us all enjoy the hilarity of Gay, Jennings and Smith all being in the same starting lineup.
    There goes all of the nba's basketball rims

Dude should not be taking all them threes...
    Someone who cares for him should just slap him in the face and tell him straight:
    "Nigguh, stop shootin dem treys, you're bad as shit at dem!"

[QUOTE=R.I.P.]I agree. I don

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Only way is if the Pistons trade away there best player in Monroe to get a good SF and move Smith to PF, since Monroe has the 2nd highest value after Drummond and is the easiest to move due to his contract, I have heard in the last game the Pistons think Drummond has HOF ability so no chance they move him and I don't really see any takers for Smiths contract.

Would be a shame to see the probably best front court for the next decade or so being broken up cause of Smith. I'm not really sure if they can afford all three and I remember reading that Monroe's management believes he should get a similar offer to Cousins which would be a max deal and it's hard to see that since they will have to give max to Drummond as well a year or two later.

They could also move one of Smith/Monroe to the bench but that's HIGHLY unlikely.
    Monroe -4- Faried and Wilson Chandler. could give up Gallo, but he + Faried is a bit too much

Not airballing my layups anymore

Smith hasn't been doing too bad this season, I just don't think he fit into last night's game very well. Too big/not quick enough to guard GSWs 1-3.

Highly doubt Detroit will move Monroe or Drummond, at this point they might be more important to the rotation than pretty much everyone else on the team.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    its weird, its not like he selfishly gains from taking these bad shots.

he isnt getting a better contract, because he puts up numbers, like some selfish shot jackers might.

i can understand that kind of selfishness, but when it clearly limits the player he can be, and as a consequence, what kind of contract he can command, its hurting him, from a purely selfish standpoint.
    He is selfishly jacking up shots cause thats what he feels like doing.

He doesnt care about the team he just does whatever he wants when he wants regardless if it hurts the team or not.

I hate when people call him unselfish just because he gets assist this guy has never in his career put the team above himself.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Only way is if the Pistons trade away there best player in Monroe to get a good SF and move Smith to PF, since Monroe has the 2nd highest value after Drummond and is the easiest to move due to his contract, I have heard in the last game the Pistons think Drummond has HOF ability so no chance they move him and I don't really see any takers for Smiths contract.

Would be a shame to see the probably best front court for the next decade or so being broken up cause of Smith. I'm not really sure if they can afford all three and I remember reading that Monroe's management believes he should get a similar offer to Cousins which would be a max deal and it's hard to see that since they will have to give max to Drummond as well a year or two later.

They could also move one of Smith/Monroe to the bench but that's HIGHLY unlikely.
    Gay to pistons
    Pau to raps
    Monroe/exp to lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    Gay to pistons
    Pau to raps
    Monroe/exp to lakers
    Jennings-Gay-Smith.

Er...thanks but no thanks.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    They can have derozan as well.

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

He's always jacked way too many threes but I think the deeper issue is that the Pistons arent running enough and Jennings is a shitty point guard. J-smoove is good in transition but those opportunities are usually blown by BJ pulling up for a transition 3 with a hand in his face.
    The big front line of Drummond Monroe and Smoove should be able to create more fastbreaks but they seem to play pretty slow.