Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mark Cuban shits on the Rockets but praises Harden

Remember when Rick Carlisle said he didn't think Mark Cuban was going to talk much during this Mavericks Rockets series? I couldn't tell if he was joking. I really hope he was joking. It's been two days and we already have this Cuban gem.

"There's no more predictable team than the Rockets," Cuban told Kirk Goldsberry. "You know exactly what they're gonna do. But James Harden is so good. That's what analytics have begot. Right? Predictability. If you know what the percentages are, in the playoffs, you have time to counter them. Whether you're good enough to do it is another question. Because they are very talented, and James Harden, I think, is the MVP. Because that's not a very good team over there."

This was part of a big, excellent Grantland feature on Cubes. To be fair, Cuban literally called James Harden the MVP. To be fair, this is part of what was probably an hour-long interview, and we're pulling out a single paragraph, because everyone is pulling out this single paragraph. To be fair, Cuban could have been referring to the Rockets this season, which included Dwight Howard missing 41 games and a bevy of other injuries. To be fair, this is the exact analysis most writers (and even some Rocket fans) have been using to push Harden for MVP.

But Cuban, you literally said the Rockets are "not a very good team" and you know that's what people are going to read from that!

Hey, it's the Cuban way. Anything that adds to this wonderful Mavericks and Rockets rivalry is fine by me. At least he didn't call NASA a muddy, ugly-ass center for space junk or something.
    http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2015/4/...-playoffs-2015

Default Re: Mark Cuban shits on the Rockets but praises Harden

He is right

Can't wait for the Rox to win in 5.

Cuban will go out and overpay another role player.

shhhhhhh

Mark Cuban needed analytics to tell him what the Rockets were gonna do with the ball

I wonder how much he paid the that little gem

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Cuban needs to re-learn to stfu during the playoffs. He managed it during the Mavs title run, but apparently the lesson didn't stick.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

If you're a billionaire who owns his own basketball team and you can't run your mouth...than what's the ****ing point? Mark Cuban is an awesome owner as far as I'm concerned. That's without mentioning that his checkbook is always ready to write a check to make the team better...you can't say that for a lot of owners who just think of a basketball team as a toy they play with and than get bored of and toss aside.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 04-18-2015 at 12:11 AM.

I usually hit open layups AcquiringSteak's Avatar

I love how mark cuban says it how it is, and to be really honest most of his comments on basketball are spot on

Fire Dwane Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    If you're a billionaire who owns his own basketball team and you can't run your mouth...than what's the ****ing point? Mark Cuban is an awesome owner as far as I'm concerned. That's without mentioning that his checkbook is always ready to write a check to make the team better...you can't say that for a lot of owners who just think of a basketball team as a toy they play with and than get bored of and toss aside.
    Real talk. This generation is too soft and everything gets put under the microscope

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Mark Cuban needed analytics to tell him what the Rockets were gonna do with the ball

I wonder how much he paid the that little gem
    He's saying that the Rockets listen to the analytics, and are therefore predictable because the Mavs can look at them too.

No reason to be snarky about it, dude.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    He's saying that the Rockets listen to the analytics, and are therefore predictable because the Mavs can look at them too.

No reason to be snarky about it, dude.
    but snarky is fun.. besides it's Cuban... 90% of the sh*t he says is snarky

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Can't wait for the Rox to win in 5.

Cuban will go out and overpay another role player.
    Cuban has a championship...what has Morey done?

I'll wait

He's right. Dwight is the only other player that might be considered an all-star when he is 100% healthy... and he's not 100% healthy. Take the best player out for each team and Houston probably has the worst team in Western Playoffs other than maybe the Pelicans.

TBH that's probably why they are going to struggle. Slow down Harden and you win the game, there's no other playmaking threats for them to worry about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kenny817
    Cuban has a championship...what has Morey done?

I'll wait
    No thanks to Cuban though. He's the same dickhead who barged into Nellie's office in 2003 with an MRI and letter from a random orthopod demanding that he play Dirk in Game 6 and jeopardize his future.

Decent playground baller Wiltside's Avatar