Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Tim Duncan is a great player, but top 10 of all-time? Not in my book

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    Off the top of my head '

man you've got all those guys sitting on your head. youre strong

Default Re: Tim Duncan is a great player, but top 10 of all-time? Not in my book

I recently moved him to #6 all-time, ahead of Bird. Too much consistency of excellence to deny Duncan his proper place in history. Peak play isn't everything.

Decent college freshman

4 rings and he's probably the best defensive player of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    4 rings and he's probably the best defensive player of all time.

This is why it's near impossible to have a rational conversation about Tim Duncan. Half the idiots think he's a borderline role player, the other idiots overrate the shit out of him.

Let's be real OP: if you had any credible basketball knowledge, you'd at least have other members engaging in the discussion. They're not. They're calling you an idiot not only because of your opinions but also because of all the bullsh*t you spew.

You think prime Robinson is better than prime Duncan?

Here are his Playoff stats from '90-'98: 23 / 12 / 3 / 1 / 3, over the span of 62 games.

Here are Duncan's from '99-'07: 24 / 13 / 4 / 1 / 3, over the span of 129 games.

And you just basically called Shaq on of the best defenders ever. Further proof you've been watching basketball for five minutes (most casuals, like you, look at Shaq and he think he was the greatest defender ever, when the reality is he was very good at his best and solid usually).

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Most of the americans can't think
    just because someone told them Duncan is the GOAT pf and is top 10 and they just mindlessly copied what these propaganda told them
    just like the Cold soul poster in first page

OP is real intelligent

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    its seem like you wrote the book....how did you know?
    Lol Robert_shaww online while Milbuck offline and vice versa.

Get a life and stop this gimmick already!

Quote Originally Posted by CeilingFan#1
    You aren't fooling anyone.
    Seriously what a clown

Not only is Duncan top 10 he should be in the discussion for best of all time.

The spurs have never not won 50 games under his watch.

He is about wins, and team basketball. When he has had to score he has done it.

He is a dominant scorer when he really needs to be.

He has shown it time in and time out in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Warners0
    Not only is Duncan top 10 he should be in the discussion for best of all time.

The spurs have never not won 50 games under his watch.

He is about wins, and team basketball. When he has had to score he has done it.

He is a dominant scorer when he really needs to be.

He has shown it time in and time out in his career.
    never repeated
    Kobe 5 >>> Duncan 4
    Deal with it trash

Quote Originally Posted by 5 rings fan
    never repeated
    Kobe 5 >>> Duncan 4
    Deal with it trash
    Hondo 8>>>Kobe 5

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Hondo 8>>>Kobe 5
    i dont know where i would put duncan by rank, but i agree with you that he is overrated since many many years. his peak was from 99-03. Medium-skilled from 03-05. 05-14----> third best player on his own team

his defense so way overrated, it is solid but just overrated. 90 % of his baskets are easy layups, easy rebounds cause only near the rim. he is waiting for the assist from parker, ginobili and get the uncontested shot at least since 08, maybe earlier.

he is profiting from parker, ginobili, popovic etc. for any clutch-situations there is ginobili or parker or another one of his super stacked team. but honestly, how could you choke, if you arent the go to guy? how could you choke with 2 feet from the basket? popovic is a genius and has the super stackedteam. duncan can rest since his mvp year, its ridiculous. never had to carry a team for 16 years on his own shoulder (like dirk). if yo look how may rest he get and got, he MUST (yea must, not can, could etc. he MUST) play at his level right now at least for 2-3 years, cause its by far not comparable with the exhausting and tough Dirk-Play for example.

td is a nice, humble and down-to-earth guy, but "his" achieves are very very depending on how good parker, ginobili etc are playing.

05 and 07 parker FMVP. 99 ring is a joke, so i give 03 to duncan.
    Last edited by pastis; 05-21-2014 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Hondo 8>>>Kobe 5
    Hondo was on Kobe's level?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Hondo was on Kobe's level?
    Kobe went to 7 finals , Duncan ? 5

but on ISH 5>>>7 so im not sure...

I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    i dont know where i would put duncan by rank, but i agree with you that he is overrated since many many years. his peak was from 99-03. Medium-skilled from 03-05. 05-14----> third best player on his own team

his defense so way overrated, it is solid but just overrated. 90 % of his baskets are easy layups, easy rebounds cause only near the rim. he is waiting for the assist from parker, ginobili and get the uncontested shot at least since 08, maybe earlier.

he is profiting from parker, ginobili, popovic etc. for any clutch-situations there is ginobili or parker or another one of his super stacked team. but honestly, how could you choke, if you arent the go to guy? how could you choke with 2 feet from the basket? popovic is a genius and has the super stackedteam. duncan can rest since his mvp year, its ridiculous. never had to carry a team for 16 years on his own shoulder (like dirk). if yo look how may rest he get and got, he MUST (yea must, not can, could etc. he MUST) play at his level right now at least for 2-3 years, cause its by far not comparable with the exhausting and tough Dirk-Play for example.

td is a nice, humble and down-to-earth guy, but "his" achieves are very very depending on how good parker, ginobili etc are playing.

05 and 07 parker FMVP. 99 ring is a joke, so i give 03 to duncan.
    You can tell the posts like this of people who have an agenda so they say stupid things just to fit their agenda.I doubt from what you post you have ever seen a Spurs game