Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-13-2010, 02:14 AM   #16
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knicks feeling Melo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
what if melo joins and messes up the chemistry? dont get me wrong i want this to happen but we seen what happened with bosh because he has two shooters on the same team

Everyone needs to know their role then. Melo and Amar'e would be the go to guys on pick and rolls and when defenses collapse to them, the other players on the team will be open to hit the open jumper, or in the Knicks' case this season, the open 3-pointer. As long as this team knows their role and has their identity squared away, Melo would just push them over the top.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:22 AM   #17
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
Since Stern gave Miami a pass, why not us? This would be great for the NBA if NY was in the top 10 teams in the league. But we'll see if Cleveland pursues the LeTraitor fiasco. I heard they're having a law firm checking it out. And I know Stern wants them to reconsider and drop it.
They haven't actually gotten a pass. Cleveland's douche bag owner is doing a personal investigation before he sends a formal complaint. He wants to hand the NBA the complaint and a case report at the same time.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:44 AM   #18
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As far as I know Melo has not demanded a trade or anything. He has merely said that he will only sign the extension if he gets traded to the Knicks. The Nuggets are well within their rights to trade him anywhere they want as a rental to a contending team. I don't think he has said anything opposing such a deal.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:56 AM   #19
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

No need to panic in trying to get Melo. He's a great player, but another scorer (especially one who demands the touches he does) is hardly a priority. Team chemistry seems to really be starting to gel right now, and it would be stupid to gut the team in hopes of landing a guy who absolutely will not put them "over the top" - not right away, at least. The Nuggets have no leverage in this situation either, Walsh should just sit back and bide his time. I really believe they can get this guy for peanuts if they just don't panic.

But more pressing is the Knicks lack of front-court defense. Maybe, after, signing Melo, they should include him in a package to nab Howard. Fantasy, obviously, but we must dream big! Plus it would be pretty amusing.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well worth the risk.The same coulda been said for Amare.They same could be said if we had an injury on our team.I dont think he'll get in Amare's way n thats all that really matter to me.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #21
Qu33nz Knick
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Qu33nz Knick has an OK reputation so far

Some of you guys make it seem like we've built some sort of title contender, the fact of the matter is the team is red hot right now but the way we are constructed right now imo we can't smell a conference final let alone an NBA final. We get Melo it may take a little more time for the team to gel once again, we may lose some role players but now we're in great position with not 1 but 2 young superstars in their prime and a great coach who will get the best out of them and an excellent GM who will make the move that is best for the team.

You also have to consider that if we're offering the Nuggs a bag of chips for Melo a championship contender can come by and swoop em up. Then you have let's say an Orlando Magic squad for example with Melo and Dwight that definitely can win an NBA title this season. Do you think Melo wouldn't resign with Orlando after winning an NBA title??? You guys are just being naiive because if Lebron was available before the deadline last season or Wade you would've done it in a heartbeat but now we have ourselves a POSSIBLE 45 to 50 win team and we think we're unbeatable and we won't give up a backup in Gallo to get a bonafide superstar in CARMELO ANTHONY think logically not with your hearts...Remember a few years ago when the T'Wolves wanted to include Channing Frye in a deal for KG and the Knicks fans were going nuts over it thinking Frye would be a superstar and KG's towards the end of his career. Let go of the attachments and Donnie please go and get Melo before anyone else does and we regret it for a very long time. Not trying to bash anyone, just saying...
Qu33nz Knick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #22
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^Who was the "great coach" that was referred to?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:30 AM   #23
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the question is, "is waiting for carmelo worth it or gutting the team messsing with chemistry puts us back a step". honestly two scoring machines is fine with me, if we can bring someone who can play defense is good. is it any way we can bring birdman anderson here please someone answer this. hes a fan favorite, love his game.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #24
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My thing is,for the optimist and realist of the forum both...Does ANYONE believe we can win more than one playoff series,if even that?I think common sense would say no.So why are we settling just because we finally won a few games.Just because we're finally on the positive end of the win/loss ledger?
Old 12-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #25
Qu33nz Knick
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Qu33nz Knick has an OK reputation so far

The great coach is D'Antoni who when he's had the players that fit his system has averaged ohhhh approximately 55-60 wins per season and looks like he's well on his way to about 45-50 right now. Anyways, get Melo make a decent deal try to AT LEAST KEEP 1 of the 3 in Chandler, Gallo and Fields. I prefer Fields because he reminds me of that championship caliber role player that just does everything well and fits so perfect with Melo and Amar'e although Gallo and Chandler are both more talented but I'd love to keep 2 of them. At the end of the day I really do NOT believe Melo will come free so stop being cheapskates and give up a few decent players to get a SUPERSTAR.
Qu33nz Knick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #26
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I agree with your last statement.Its gotten to the point to where you have to ask who the F are we?Who are we to tell Denver who we're willing to give up for Melo?It should be the other way around.Theyre gonna be the ones getting the short end of the stick regardless,who are we to say you cant have him and him and him?Only person who's played well enough to earn that honor is Amare.Other than that,everyone is expendable when it comes to Melo.We dont get to dictate.Getting Melo is an investment...not really a risk. BTW that investment is arguably the most complete scorer in the game an is liek a 6 time allstar
Old 12-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #27
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have a question because I'm not familiare with all the CBA rules.

Does getting Melo somehow hamper our chances to get CP3?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #28
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Yes and No.Yes because obviously he's gonna soak up salary but no because Walsh has been getting rid of alotta our cap killers and we barely have anyone who's salary exceeds the offseason
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: