Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rumor: 3 Team Trade (CLE-MIN-DET): CLE get #2 too

Quote Originally Posted by NOHCP3
    Makes sense for everybody except Detroit. CLE gets a lot of hope for the future. MIN already has plenty of players that can still become good-great at PG & SF. They slide down and perhaps get the same player @ 4 that they wanted @ 2.
    Detroit moves Rip's contract. The trade exception they receive could be used to move another of their big 3 bad deals, say Ben Gordon, and they could possibly amnesty Charlie V.

Pelican Brief

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    Bingo

Derrick Williams and Kyrie Irving is a great way to rebuild a team that was once a contender.

Minnesota either drafts Enes or Bismack and trade their other pick for some veterans.
    Depending on if Utah really likes Knight.

But Enes, Beas and Love would be nice

Banned

Rip to MIA... go!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Bismack at 4? Thats hilarious. Do it Minny!

umm don't we have the 8th pick as well?

and either way if we land Bismack at the 8th spot than we can trade Enes (if we get him)

Pelican Brief

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Detroit moves Rip's contract. The trade exception they receive could be used to move another of their big 3 bad deals, say Ben Gordon, and they could possibly amnesty Charlie V.

Ahhh I see guess it works on all fronts. Guess the 8th pick is worth a clean slate in DET.

Depending on if Utah really likes Knight.

But Enes, Beas and Love would be nice
    is Enes a good defensive player?

We need a defender @ that position.

Just read the OP. First reaction? How far has RIP's stock fallen to give up a Top 10 pick just to be rid of him....geez.

Also, is the player Cavs getting at #2 MUCH better than what they get at #4? Seems like a steep price taking Hamilton's huge contract for a 2 spot move up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    That's not right....explain.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Just read the OP. First reaction? How far has RIP's stock fallen to give up a Top 10 pick just to be rid of him....geez.

Also, is the player Cavs getting at #2 MUCH better than what they get at #4? Seems like a steep price taking Hamilton's huge contract for a 2 spot move up.
    Well, since we know the players in question, we can dissect it ourselves. Moving up to No. 2 is a clear indication that the Cavs want a Irving/Williams combo. In all likelihood, Kanter or Valanciunas would be the pick at 4, from everything I'm hearing (unless Williams was to somehow drop, which I doubt).

So, the question for the Cavs' FO is this...

Is Williams' potential that much higher in the NBA than the two Euro big men? Apparently, if they pull off the deal, the answer is an unequivocal 'yes.'

I will say that Williams seemed to have the 'it' factor in both the conference tourney and the national tourney last season. What his role on this Cavs team will be remains clouded, though... The uncertainty about his position is a little concerning to me, but then again, if the Cavs are willing to give up so much to move up, they must already have a plan in mind.

One thing is for sure... It would be a damn exciting turn of events to have the Top 2 picks in the draft entering next season.

Pelican Brief

is Enes a good defensive player?

We need a defender @ that position.
    I'd go with Bismack just on length and wingspan alone. Hard to see him @ 4. Enes would help take the rebounding loud off love.

I'd go with Bismack just on length and wingspan alone. Hard to see him @ 4. Enes would help take the rebounding loud off love.
    I see a lot of sites comparing Bismack to Ben Wallace

if he ends up that good, Kevin Love and Beasley wont have to worry about defense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_SB-ZKAhGM

Look @ him own the paint

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I see a lot of sites comparing Bismack to Ben Wallace

if he ends up that good, Kevin Love and Beasley wont have to worry about defense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_SB-ZKAhGM

Look @ him own the paint
    Diop.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

I agree with the first part. They must rly want to dump RIP to get rid of #8 (and don't rly want any1 in this draft).

But for Cleveland I think it is worth it taking on RIP for #2 just b/c in this draft after Irving and Williams there is supposedly a major drop off. They could get the only two future all stars in the draft. Great way to rebuild. Similar to how OKC/Seattle got Durant at #2 and Green (at #6? or something high) in one draft to start rebuilding.

They def need Williams much more than one of the euro bigs (Varajao and Hickson are pretty good).

Cleveland's future would look rly bright with Irving and Williams to go with Hickson and Varajao.

I really hope this goes through because I rly want RIP to be a FA and sign with NY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Diop.

I hope not

The TE The Pistons used can be used in a trade to bring back picks or players whose draft rights are held, but are not currently playing in The NBA. Package those picks/draft rights with BG to make him more attractive...move him. Amnesty the cancer patient if that is apart of the new CBA.