Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: I wonder if LeBron James is aware it looked like he stood around a lot in the Finals

lol at the WE DA BESS crew singing a dif. tune now.

The Heat were a heavy favorite

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: I wonder if LeBron James is aware it looked like he stood around a lot in the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    Wrong. Not that many picked the Heat to win, let alone get past the 2nd round.
    I was for certain that many people picked the Heat to beat the Celtics, though that might be wrong as well. I know for SURE that people picked the Heat to beat the Bulls in the Conference Finals, and rightfully so.

Seriosly what happened to WE DA BESS guys?

At least, Kobestans are loyal to their god no matter what.

Banned

As much as I hate LeBron, it was actually disappointing and sad to see a two-time MVP playing like a role-player for much of the Finals series.

If you blur out his number and face you probably couldn't tell if it was LeBron James or Eddie House out there on the floor. And yes, I'm comparing him to House because it looked like he was waiting to shoot open 3's most of the time.

Banned

Let's not forget that the Mavs beat the Blazers who were picked to beat them, swept the "All-Mighty" Lakers (riiiight), beat the up & coming Thunder and then beat the "most stacked team of all time". Let's give credit where credit is due. Not saying that the Heat weren't supposed to win but in the end the Mavs won & the Heat lost.

It's a team game, LeBron did not cost the Heat the series by himself. If he would of asserted himself better than sure they would of had a better chance to win but he wasn't the all being reason they lost. Let's be real here.
    youre embarrassing yourself

post up the stats of finals compared to averages rest of year. lets see what that says

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
    so npw you because your theory doesn't hold weight anymore ?

What theory are you referring to, and how does it not hold weight?

Feel free to actually explain yourself.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    He "stood around" a lot because that is part of Miamis offensive scheme. He's not the best off ball player so he's basically used as a decoy until an alley oop opens up or a cutting lane opens up. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.
    it's hard to understand because maybe he should be doing something else on offense aside from standing around when he does not get the ball when he wants it.

Wrong. Not that many picked the Heat to win, let alone get past the 2nd round.
    I think that a LOT of people didn't pick the Heat to win not because of any basketball knowledge, but because they were already so many people on the bandwagon, and the 'hate' of being associated if you thought the Heat would win. Especially once you see so many Heat 'fans' suddenly popping up crowning their team champions before the season started, it would be annoying to be associated with them. I reckon more people thought the Heat would win than they let on.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    youre embarrassing yourself

post up the stats of finals compared to averages rest of year. lets see what that says
    Irrelevant,considering he had the same average against Dallas in the regular season.

Dallas current team>Miami's current team

9 effective players>4/5 effective players

Carlisle>Spolstra

6 wins against Miami in 2010/11>>>2 losses against Miami in 2010/11

Dunking on everybody in the park greensborohill's Avatar

CHAMPIONS!! Kiss the Mavs Champion Ass Heat fans!!

5-time NBA All-Star

He flat out wasn't aggressive which is a mode that he has most of the time. He knows what energy is needed. Now if he has a mental block, then he simply doesn't know. In NY we had baseball player that was an allstar second base man that developed a mental block. All of a sudden he couldn't throw the ball to first basebase. At first, Derek Jeter was throwing the ball for Knoblock on double plays - then the guy just lost all accuracy. It was weird, and he seemingly couldn't do anything to stop it. He just retired.

Sure Lebron will look at the tape and have an out of body experience. He definitely wasn't himself but he wasn't alone. The Mavs, seemingly had a witch doctor on Gasol and Lebron and lesser doctor on Wade and Kobe.

kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

The Heat were much better when Lebron got his in the 1st half and Wade got his in the 2nd half. For whatever reason that was switched in the Finals. Also, Lebron played way too many minutes, far more than any other player.

Dunking on everybody in the park greensborohill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    He flat out wasn't aggressive which is a mode that he has most of the time. He knows what energy is needed. Now if he has a mental block, then he simply doesn't know. In NY we had baseball player that was an allstar second base man that developed a mental block. All of a sudden he couldn't throw the ball to first basebase. At first, Derek Jeter was throwing the ball for Knoblock on double plays - then the guy just lost all accuracy. It was weird, and he seemingly couldn't do anything to stop it. He just retired.

Sure Lebron will look at the tape and have an out of body experience. He definitely wasn't himself but he wasn't alone. The Mavs, seemingly had a witch doctor on Gasol and Lebron and lesser doctor on Wade and Kobe.

No, Mavs were just better

Has the talent, but lacks the mental toughness.
    That's why he won't be able to lead a team to a title.
    Dwyane Wade is just what he needs.
    Unfortunately, even Wade wasn't enough to save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard

I always thought about that.
    On Paper, those teams are better than the Mavs. But it's like something just happened.