Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 12-19-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Default Ager sent to D-league

Maurice has been sent to the Fort Worth Flyers. They were saying last night on the broadcast that there are about 5 games to play by the end of the year. That they've talked to Coach Moncrief and let him know what they were wanting. Supposed to have video sent of what he's doing to evaluate.

A little surprised but also think he needs some playing time. He was starting to become a serious chucker when entering the games. I'm surprised Avery stood for it. Hopefully it will be a good experience all the way around.

More Info:

The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have assigned guard
Maurice Ager to the Fort Worth Flyers of the NBA Developmental League.

The Mavericks selected Ager in the first round of the 2006 NBA Draft with
the 28th overall pick. The former Michigan State standout has seen action in
15 games this season averaging 1.5 points in 4.3 minutes per game.

The Flyers will be in action at the Fort Worth Convention Center on Tuesday,
December 19 when they take on the Sioux Falls Skyforce.

Last edited by insidehoops : 12-20-2006 at 12:40 AM.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
He was starting to become a serious chucker when entering the games.

my thoughts exactly. even the announcers were picking up on this and saying that anytime he touches the ball, it's going up.

there was 1 play in particular several weeks ago where dallas had a 2on1 fastbreak, ager had the ball and rather than pass it off for what would've been an easy bucket by the trailer, he bum rushed the rim, and got a charge called against him. Avery was shown just shakin' his head.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:39 PM   #3
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1kryder
my thoughts exactly. even the announcers were picking up on this and saying that anytime he touches the ball, it's going up.

there was 1 play in particular several weeks ago where dallas had a 2on1 fastbreak, ager had the ball and rather than pass it off for what would've been an easy bucket by the trailer, he bum rushed the rim, and got a charge called against him. Avery was shown just shakin' his head.

yeah i called that same play in the game thread. He has the tools to be something in this league with his size and athleticism. Hopefully Avery whips him into shape. I think he needs the same hard line approach he used with Devin Harris.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #4
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
yeah i called that same play in the game thread. He has the tools to be something in this league with his size and athleticism. Hopefully Avery whips him into shape. I think he needs the same hard line approach he used with Devin Harris.

Pretty much agree with you. I was expecting a little more from him. I thought he was a solid pick with upside. Hoping he would be able to contribute, but still knowing he was a rookie on a solid team. As I said before, I'm suprised Avery hasn't been more hard line like you suggested.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: