Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Default Joakim Noah tells Derrick Rose critics to "shut up!"

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...e-derrick-rose

MIAMI -- Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah had an impassioned message for critics of teammate Derrick Rose after the Bulls' impressive 93-86 win over the Miami Heat on Monday night.

Noah took a question regarding how much pride he and his team feel being able to win without Rose while so many pundits count them out, and he went off on an emotional defense of his close friend.

"Derrick's a brother," Noah said. "And to see him go through this is tough, but at the end of the day it's really funny how quick people are to judge. But people don't know what it's like to lead a team, especially after you tore your ACL.

"If you tore your ACL and you have to be the starting point guard and have the expectations that Derrick has, then maybe you can judge, but everybody who hasn't been in that situation before should really shut up because I feel like it's just so unfair to him and to this team. We're fighting, and everybody's going to just s--- on somebody who's been giving so much to this organization. It's crazy to me."

Rose has been at the forefront of much criticism, especially on Twitter, as the Bulls have continued an impressive run through the postseason. A growing number of fans believe that Rose should be back on the floor as he continues his rehab from ACL surgery.

Rose admitted on Monday that his status for this series was "still up in the air. I might have a chance," despite the fact that he has yet to play this season.

Noah did not acknowledge whether he has spoken to Rose about the criticism, but it was clear he didn't like what he has been hearing. Rose said on Saturday that he hasn't paid much attention to the criticism, but Noah and the rest of his teammates have made it a point to stand up for Rose's decision not to play.

"He can say that he doesn't (listen to it)," Noah said. "I think he's dealing with it unbelievable. He's tough as nails, man. He's not budging. He doesn't let none of that affect him; whether it's praise or people judging him about his decision, he's the same. He's the same, and I really respect that because I don't think a lot of people could deal with the things that he deals with on a daily basis."

Mike Wilbon:
    "Tell me again how it worked out for RG3 during the playoffs when he wasn't honest with himself or his coach about whether he should keep going. Magic Johnson tells the story about allowing himself to be pressured into playing following a knee injury in the early 1980s only to come back before he was psychologically ready to play. Rose, Magic believes, can only be helped by a summer of playing full-tilt, followed by a training camp.

The miraculously recovered Adrian Peterson was the first person I heard point out that he, after shredding his knee, had the benefit of a full training camp before going back on the field.

We're talking about a 10-year decision Rose is making, which ought to suggest to the know-it-alls it's infinitely wiser to err on the side of caution, whether that means returning for the final three weeks of this season or not until training camp. The know-it-alls obviously have forgotten about Gilbert Arenas, who before his gun issues was one of the 10 best players in the game from 2004 to 2006. He thought he was appeasing a whole lot of people when he tried to sprint back from major knee surgery in 2007. All his expedited return got him was one physical setback after another and at 30 years old Arenas was playing in China, a shell of his old self.

The reward for Rose returning, say, this week is minimal. To what end? Would his return enable the Bulls to beat Miami in the second round? Third round? No, neither. But the risk is incalculable. This isn't the return of Ricky Rubio. The Timberwolves point guard doesn't explode, doesn't play above the rim, isn't reliant on his legs. Rose does and is. If he's reticent to try and go up off his left leg to finish around the rim, he shouldn't be in the game yet. I find it difficult to believe that people, especially my friends in the Chicago media, are so desperate to see Rose back on the court they fail to acknowledge that nothing about returning from such a knee injury is to be presumed".

Last edited by TheTruth11; 05-07-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Joakim Noah tells Derrick Rose critics to "shut up!"

I love how his team mates and the front office support him no matter how long he decides to take, it's only the people online who have nothing better to do with their day then talk s*** about it

Most delusional MVP ever. High expectations? Are you kidding me? What do you expect from a player who just tore his ACL?
    He should be back as a morale booster not as a ****ing superstar. Some minutes off the bench would could make a huge impact on his teammates.
    Last edited by sipitri; 05-07-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KembaWalker
    I love how his team mates and the front office support him no matter how long he decides to take, it's only the people online who have nothing better to do with their day then talk s*** about it
    Ah so the people with a horse in the race do their best to preserve team chemistry while impartial people speak their honest opinion?

Captain Obvious to the rescue here!

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Great job Jo!!

Banned

I have actually changed my stance on Rose deciding not to play. I think it's very selfless of him to sit out. If you think about it, he has the chance to play and help his team but he would rather sit out and let his teammates play because they deserved it.

By Rose coming back, he would ruin the chemistry of the team. He would also take minutes away from Nate and Marco. I know he acted like a little girl by not playing but it's too late now.

It would only hurt the team if he came back and I don't think he's that stupid to comeback and ruin the team's chemistry. They are a good team and seem very close. I don't think Rose is selfish enough to comeback when his team is playing so well.

You can make an argument on how much of a b1tch, he was being 3 months ago but fast forward today, he's very smart to just let his teammates play. They earned their spot.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Sorry Noah, I can't hear you over your face.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Ah so the people with a horse in the race do their best to preserve team chemistry while impartial people speak their honest opinion?

Captain Obvious to the rescue here!

Quote Originally Posted by KembaWalker
    Sam Smith made some great points on this yesterday. He said that he has never heard a Doctor come out and say that Derrick Rose has been cleared to play. He said that this story got out there from a front office guy who reported it to ESPN and even then it was said that he was, "cleared to return to practice," not to game action.

He also said that Derrick Rose has not been scrimmaging with his teammates because that is not the way that Thibs coaches his team -- meaning they rarely have scrimmages. So, according to Sam Smith, that report is false.

Smith then said that Larry Bird missed an entire season and nobody said anything. Blake Griffin missed an entire season and nobody said anything. He said this is a guy (Rose) who has shown himself to be the ultimate competitor, taking hit after hit while driving fearlessly to the hole over and over again. This is a guy known to be a gym rat. If he is telling you something is not right then you should believe him.

Sam Smith called the whole thing a "witch hunt". He called the whole thing shocking, shocking how people want to pile on a guy who is coming off of major knee surgery. A guy who is model citizen who has always worked his butt off for the Bulls.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

He's absolutely right.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I think the biggest problem people have with Rose is his vagueness about the whole thing. If he came out and said "I will be back for 2013-2014 season", people would be fine with that. Because he is leaving the door open for a return this season, people are questioning him. People like firm answers. They don't like wishy-washy. Same reason Dwight got so much flack last year. It's the whole "will he or won't he" thing all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I think the biggest problem people have with Rose is his vagueness about the whole thing. If he came out and said "I will be back for 2013-2014 season", people would be fine with that. Because he is leaving the door open for a return this season, people are questioning him. People like firm answers. They don't like wishy-washy. Same reason Dwight got so much flack last year. It's the whole "will he or won't he" thing all over again.
    There may be some truth to that. But with injuries who can predict? Moreover, whatever he is doing is the right thing for his teammates and the Bulls. The possibility of his returning may be one of the things in the back of his teammate's minds that have them playing so well.

Shut up Noah, nobody gives a sh*t about your stupid opinion. Seriously, we can't criticize him because "We have never walked in his shoes?" That is the dumbest sh*t I have ever heard; literally, that means you can't criticize anyone for anything since you haven't walked in their shoes. Nice way of putting your foot in your mouth: why are you criticizing the fans when you haven't walked in their shoes? So shut up dumbsh*t. Rose is a panzy and so are you for supporting his weak a*s.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Shut up Noah, nobody gives a sh*t about your stupid opinion.
    A lot more people care what he thinks than care what you think.

So much for people saying they can't see how Rose teammates respect him. Like Noah said SHUT UP!