Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default war with the nicotine demon

Threw away my packs of cigs this morning but I caved in when a friend offered one after a very good lunch. I'm so weak. I hate myself. I wish I was more like Rodney Stuckey.

more addictive than crack

omnipresent

can be easily bummed

brings retards together during smoke breaks and parties

and you said "I'm done with this shit"

how do you winners do it?

should I get a tattoo of a no smoking sign on my forehead?

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: war with the nicotine demon

I quit cold turkey after 15+ years, no gum, no patch, no book, no nothing...

have to just do it...NIKE

in my experience:

month 1 of quitting: somewhat easy, because this is where you are determined to quit
    month 2-3 of quitting: hardest part, nic fits out the ass, looking for excuses as to why "this is a good time to quit", more stressed than usual, grinding teeth at night, etc
    month 4-6 of qutting: also hard, but it's starting to ease up some, you are finally starting to get used to life without smokes
    month 7-12 of quitting: somewhat easy, you're past the worst of it...still get cravings though, and still think about it
    month 13-24 of quitting: you've quit, it's over...if you go back now then you're hopeless
    month 25-death of quitting: the only time you think about smoking is when are asking yourself wtf you were thinking smoking in the first place, or when you smell another smoker and realize just how awful you stunk shit up for everyone else.

*getting drunk (or fcked up on other drugs) can make things drastically harder...if you can stay sober while you quit it can make things way easier...if you get drunk you are very likely to break down.

the first year is THAT hellish?

damn..... respect

I'm also studying cognitive behavioral therapy to self cure

wish me luck

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    Threw away my packs of cigs this morning but I caved in when a friend offered one after a very good lunch. I'm so weak. I hate myself. I wish I was more like Rodney Stuckey.

more addictive than crack

omnipresent

can be easily bummed

brings retards together during smoke breaks and parties

and you said "I'm done with this shit"

how do you winners do it?

should I get a tattoo of a no smoking sign on my forehead?

****s fvcking hard to quit man. I "quit" last year... made it my new years resolution to actually quit this year.. but I still smoke them occasionally. Probably had less than 5 in 2014 thus far though. I've gotten to the point where I've completely given up cigs... unless I'm drinking. So I guess I haven't truly quit.

I have no clue how to fight the urge when you're drunk. But if you just wanna work on quitting, I started working out like a mother****er. And I dropped the weights too (temporarily), just only doing cardio. I legitimately believe it conditioned me to dislike cigarettes, again except while drinking.

You gotta do cardio like a MF because you may not be at peak efficiency but you can still lift while being a degenerate smoker. But try to run a couple miles and even a few cigs a day is awful for you. If you really commit yourself to running/biking/swimming (set a goal of a 6min mile, or 7min or something depending on your fitness) it will make it easier to quit.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 02-11-2014 at 05:21 PM.

also remember there are literally no benefits to smoking cigarettes...none

the only thing you get from smoking is curbing the craving that you created, (which gives you a false sense that it is "relaxing", in reality nicotine creates anxiety, stress, and nervousness)

some things to think about to help you quit:

-it makes you smell like complete dog shit
    -you can only hold a long term relationship with women who also smoke, because non-smokers don't want to be around your ass, and that narrows the dating field down to bar flies for the most part.
    -you shouldn't have kids while a smoker, so if you plan on ever being a parent you need to quit
    -"looking cool" due to smoking vanishes after age 25 or so...after that you just look like a low-life to other adults, a loser
    -majority of employers HATE smokers, you have to take a damn smoke break every hour which eats up money and then on top of that you come back into the office smelling like dog shit to everyone that doesn't smoke

1 thing that will help is that I found about instant death of baby syndrome, where cigarette smell can instantly kill an infant. I will be having a baby in less than 5 months.

2nd, I'm converting to Islam so I can't be seen smoking

3rd, I'm a private teacher and I would be ****ed if a kid saw me smoking

4, it shrinks my dick. and I'm asian

5. I'm getting a tattoo to remind myself to keep self improving bullshit.... whatever

6. I'm going to a country where it would be way too awkward bumming cigs. They sell packs for 3$, european cigs and all.

ughk, I got this. No more cognitive dumbass shit thinking

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I quit cold turkey after 15+ years, no gum, no patch, no book, no nothing...

have to just do it...NIKE

in my experience:

month 1 of quitting: somewhat easy, because this is where you are determined to quit
    month 2-3 of quitting: hardest part, nic fits out the ass, looking for excuses as to why "this is a good time to quit", more stressed than usual, grinding teeth at night, etc
    month 4-6 of qutting: also hard, but it's starting to ease up some, you are finally starting to get used to life without smokes
    month 7-12 of quitting: somewhat easy, you're past the worst of it...still get cravings though, and still think about it
    month 13-24 of quitting: you've quit, it's over...if you go back now then you're hopeless
    month 25-death of quitting: the only time you think about smoking is when are asking yourself wtf you were thinking smoking in the first place, or when you smell another smoker and realize just how awful you stunk shit up for everyone else.

*getting drunk (or fcked up on other drugs) can make things drastically harder...if you can stay sober while you quit it can make things way easier...if you get drunk you are very likely to break down.

This. I quit a pack-a-day habit cold turkey also. Prime's pretty much dead on.

Yeah p.tiddy is right. They say when you smoke, it dulls your sense of smell (except for the aroma of tobacco), which I didn't believe but it's ABSOLUTELY true. The smell of cigs ranges from "not that bad" to "somewhat pleasant" when you're a smoker. If you've quit for a while (at least a week) you're just like DAMN that **** REEEKS. Like a 5 foot radius around you, ranging to 10ft+ if you're indoors. To non smokers, the smell is literally obnoxious.

Keep in mind what got said above, only smoker girls don't mind smokers. And you for sure do not want your kid's mom to be a smoker during pregnancy. Also after quitting for a bit, you will realize how god damn awful your lungs feel.

One thing when you quit - take it a little easier on the caffeine, if you drink coffee. Nicotine shortens the half-life of caffeine almost by half which translates to caffeine lasting much longer for you.

If you have a child on the way you need to just quit right now...don't wait for the "right time"...there is no "right time"...life throws BS curve balls at us at ALL times

also don't smoke around the pregnant mother...get away from her, I'm sure you already know this though

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Yeah p.tiddy is right. They say when you smoke, it dulls your sense of smell (except for the aroma of tobacco), which I didn't believe but it's ABSOLUTELY true. The smell of cigs ranges from "not that bad" to "somewhat pleasant" when you're a smoker. If you've quit for a while (at least a week) you're just like DAMN that **** REEEKS. Like a 5 foot radius around you, ranging to 10ft+ if you're indoors. To non smokers, the smell is literally obnoxious.

Keep in mind what got said above, only smoker girls don't mind smokers. And you for sure do not want your kid's mom to be a smoker during pregnancy. Also after quitting for a bit, you will realize how god damn awful your lungs feel.

One thing when you quit - take it a little easier on the caffeine, if you drink coffee. Nicotine shortens the half-life of caffeine almost by half which translates to caffeine lasting much longer for you.
    that's good I guess. I can order a tall instead of a vente

I discipline myself. If I smoke, no *********ingg or if I smoke, no eating.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

Nonsense: my girlfriend has never smoked and i've never heard a complaint. I've also picked up plenty of non-smoking girls in smoking areas, who have obviously not found it too repellant. In fact, it is an attraction for some women.

I've quit for over 6 months before and never minded the smell of cigarette smoke (been drawn to it in fact, unless it was something rank like Pall Malls), so that assertion is also false and extending your own personal opinion into a general rule. Some non-smokers like and plenty don't mind the smell of smoke, just like some people like the smell of gasoline. Lots of people like the smell of cigar smoke and likewise pipe smoke - look how popular things like hookah are despite all their being is flavoured tobacco.

@ OP how about you stop being such a little ****** and go buy an e-cigarette.

edit: and oh great, another thread for p. tiddy to get all self-righteous for kicking those addiction demons
    Last edited by Dresta; 02-11-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Good job man smoking kills. it's good you stopped when you had a kid. smoker parents suck dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    I've also picked up plenty of non-smoking girls in smoking areas, who have obviously not found it too repellant. In fact, it is an attraction for some women.

Watchmywallet.com conducted a survey of 1,500 men and women to see how Smoking affects how attractive you are to the opposite sex.

Fifty seven per cent of men find women less attractive if they smoke, but if the roles are reversed, only 22 per cent women find men less attractive if they smoke.

It appears that women like a bit of a bad boy when it comes to men, as 63 per cent of us find men more attractive if they smoke, compared to the 18 per cent of men that find women more attractive for smoking.

Read more: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/relatio...#ixzz2t3k8zDSx
    Next.