Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBA Draft 2016

Local High School Star

Default Re: NBA Draft 2016

Si.com

Grade C+

Siakam was extremely productive at New Mexico State last season, but was projected as a second-rounder. He

Local High School Star

Well it goes to prove you never know as much as you think you know.

I admit I have not seen any of our two picks in action.

General reaction is "good - nice - solid" but no spectacular steals from the professional scribes. No "steals" fell our way evidently.

Poetl ~

I admit to being luke warm to the pick. Big men take time to develop especially in D and I don't think Poetl has the reputation of being a big rim protector jumping out of his shoes. He is a 5 by design and supposedly a 4 in the show potentially. It comes across as a "safe pick" with Bismak out the door... a continuation but not necessarily an improvement.

With Ellerson from Marquette still on the board...someone who's name was linked as potentially tied to the Raps... well the proven scoring forward maybe seemed the better pick...if they could have traded down.

Siakam ~

No idea... I will trust to Masai and the brain trust.

--

To the point maybe its too bad the OKC trade didn't work out or that another trade down could have been done....

Frankly if it mean some Cap space came our way somehow - I would have been thrilled with Brice Johnson - Duke in around 25 ...

Local High School Star

So all this

Norman Powell

Bruno

Bebe

Poetl

Siakam

Delon Wright

D'Andre Daniels <<...remember him ? Playing in Australia as I recall but had elbow surgery.... no updates in a long time...>>

and 2 Draft picks next year projected to be 25 / 26

Default Raptors Take Jakob Poeltl With Ninth Pick, Pascal Siakam With 27th Selection In Draft

The Toronto Raptors selected University of Utah forward-centre Jakob Poeltl (YAH-cub PUHR-tuhl) with the ninth overall pick and New Mexico State forward Pascal Siakam (Pass-CAL See-AH-kum) with the 27th overall selection in the 2016 NBA Draft.

Poeltl, 7-foot, 248 pounds, played two seasons at Utah and one season (2013-14) for the Arkadia Traiskirchen Lions in his native Austria. He was the 2016 Pac-12 Player of the Year, an AP second-team All-America and the recipient of the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award for the nation's top centre. Poeltl averaged 17.2 points (second in the Pac-12), 9.1 rebounds (fourth in the conference) and 1.6 blocks (eighth in the Pac-12) in 36 games this past season. He ranked first in the Pac-12 and seventh in the nation in field goal percentage (.646). As a freshman, he contributed 9.1 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.9 blocks in 34 contests. He earned Pac-12 All-Freshman team honours and was named to the CBSSports.com Freshman All-American team. He led the conference and ranked fourth in the nation in field goal percentage (.681).

This is the second season the Raptors have used a first-round selection on a player from Utah. Poeltl played the 2014-15 season with Delon Wright, the Raptors