Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tiago Splitter

I rule the local playground

Default Re: Tiago Splitter

Mmm, perhaps whtn Rudy scores 35 points, that defense got a little collapsed. Just a thought.

You are free to think Tiago is the best player, we are talking about a great player, about three great players, actuallly. But I don't agree, cause I can't compare a PF (splitter), with a SF(Rudy) and a Center (M. Gasol). I think Tau is still a good team without Splitter(worse, but still good), but DKV are soooo worse without Rudy and Akasvayu totally sucks without Marc Gasol.

You can haver your preference. Mine is Rudy. But the stats say clearly the best now is Marc Gasol, followed close by Rudy.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

I would take Splitter first because he has the mentality AAU kids can't be taught and Rudy Fernandez and Marc Gasol don't have.

Yeah, Rudy and Marc are mentally weak, sure. That's the best joke I have heard for a long time.

Well, you say, if Tau wins against DKV, Splitter is better than Rudy.

Well, I can say since Spain won a world championship and Brasil sucked, Rudy is a Champion and Splitter sucked.

Please, try to watch the games, and being objective. It doesn't matter what the team record is to judge a player.

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    Yeah, Rudy and Marc are mentally weak, sure. That's the best joke I have heard for a long time.
    I implied I would rather meet an AAU kid, Marc Gasol and Rudy Fernandez in a dark alley than Tiago Splitter anything beyond that you invented.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
    Well, you say, if Tau wins against DKV, Splitter is better than Rudy.

Well, I can say since Spain won a world championship and Brasil sucked, Rudy is a Champion and Splitter sucked.

Please, try to watch the games, and being objective. It doesn't matter what the team record is to judge a player.
    I never said Rudy Fernandez sucked, what I said only playing in the acb doesn't make Rudy Fernandez the best player outside the nba but I'm arguing with someone that claims Tiago Splitter completely sucked in fiba competition and Spain's championship wasn't a team effort. Spain's championship happened over a year ago so try focusing on today and being objective for once.
    Last edited by b.jerk; 02-04-2008 at 03:06 PM.

OK, let's get as objective as possible, if opinions doesn't worth, let's see the 6 better player in stats from ACB today:

Marc Gasol: 33 min, 16.1 pt, 7.8 reb, 1.3 blks, 1.8 assist.
    Rank ACB: 1st. Val: 25.8.

Rudy Fernandez: 28 min, 20,3 pt, 3.2 reb, 0.2 blks, 4.5 assist.
    Rank ACB: 2nd. Val: 24.8

Juan Jos

[QUOTE=GoldMedallist]OK, let's get as objective as possible, if opinions doesn't worth, let's see the 6 better player in stats from ACB today:

Marc Gasol: 33 min, 16.1 pt, 7.8 reb, 1.3 blks, 1.8 assist.
    Rank ACB: 1st. Val: 25.8.

Rudy Fernandez: 28 min, 20,3 pt, 3.2 reb, 0.2 blks, 4.5 assist.
    Rank ACB: 2nd. Val: 24.8

Juan Jos

In Euroleague:

Tiago Splitter: 13.8 pt, 5.5 reb, 0.4 blks, 1 assist.

More or less same as ACB. Pretty good, but far from being the best in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
    In Euroleague:

Tiago Splitter: 13.8 pt, 5.5 reb, 0.4 blks, 1 assist.

More or less same as ACB. Pretty good, but far from being the best in Europe.
    And two MVPs of the week as well as being doubled and even quadrupled teamed.

Well, ok.

Keep thinking Splitter is the best player in Europe. I think I gave you enough reasons, and I will keep thinking he is not even the best in ACB, maybe 3rd or 4th.

Learning to shoot layups Taras Bulba's Avatar

Why are you even comparing Splitter to payers like Fernandez? They play in different positions ffs.

Anyway, Splitter is a very solid payer. One of the ebst centers in Europe. But Spurs need to offer him a very good contract, because he can get very good money in Europe.

Banned

What about Rakocevic? No one thinks he's one of the best players in Spain?

Saw a basketball once

Hey check out my blog about trying to become a pro basketball player overseas. I think you will like it! http://kohsterized.blogspot.com

Tiago Splitter future player of NBA.nearly he jump the ocean to play in the best league of the world.