Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-18-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default This is the future

Watching the Knick Jazz game.

It's obvious the future is Frye, Lee and Balkman.

It is not Curry who hasn't got a clue on how to really play the game of basketball. Yes he can score sometimes but does not have a grasp of the full spectrum of the game fundamentals.

Q, Jefferies and Nate, yes.

Crawford just turns it over too much.

Cato can play like I said and is a better backup than James.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:41 AM   #2
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Cato had 4 blocks, impressive

HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I think he is a very good backup center for Frye.

I give up on Curry and forget about James.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:12 AM   #4
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Watching the Knick Jazz game.

It's obvious the future is Frye, Lee and Balkman.

It is not Curry who hasn't got a clue on how to really play the game of basketball. Yes he can score sometimes but does not have a grasp of the full spectrum of the game fundamentals.

Q, Jefferies and Nate, yes.

Crawford just turns it over too much.

Cato can play like I said and is a better backup than James.

I agree. Curry cannot be forced to become a scorer if he doesn't know how to create for himself or when he's double teamed. The man has no court vision. Cato has always been decent compared to James who had a lucky post season round. Crawford NEEDS to make better decisions with the ball especially during crunch time. Look at the shot he took at the end of regulation vs the Jazz. A two point shot or lay up would have done the same effect as the three point shot which is win the game.

The future IS Frye, Lee AND Balkman. They make things happen. They would be a scary lineup if they were to start with the now "improved" Marbury. Q as shooting guard and you have a team that can run with and defend ANY team in the NBA. ANY.

Keeping a tight rotation during a game for subs in and out is what makes a team effective. Isiah doesn't seem to grasp that. There have been games that he will play the whole team. That's all good and what not but in the end if you have a combination of players that has brought you back from a huge deficit, why swich them around? I've seen that they lose a lot of games because of that. Go Knicks!!!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

I think Curry is our future - like it or not. We have have sacrificed so much for him. A lottery pick for him last year and we could potentially have to swap our lottery pick this year as well, and not to mention the huge contract we gave him.

Personally I don't like the idea that Curry is our future, because he's very one dimensional player. Usually you try to create a team around a certain player with certain skills to maximize your superstar and the players around the superstar. But the biggest problem with Curry is that he can't create for others by passing out of double teams, and I'm not going to mention all of his defensive and rebounding problems

What kind of players are we going to put around Curry? We definately need a shot-blocking, rebounding, defensive PF who can hit a jumpshot - well good luck in that one. As for the rest of the players, we need players who will give him the ball and hope he makes a nice move around the basket, because once you give Curry the ball and he goes in motion, he's not giving up the ball. Thus, how is he maximizing the other players skills? Maybe if he's having a good game their PF will cheat up on him, leaving a hole for Marbury/Francis/Etc to drive through, but that's about it.

Last edited by ALBballer : 12-20-2006 at 11:32 AM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I think if we continue to view Curry as the future we have none.

By trying to develop him we are holding back the three guys with the true skills and ball players we have. They are Lee, Balkman and Frye.

Hey I like that is has a ring to it. Lee, Balkman and Frye.

They have real ball skills not just the physical tools. They look like they were born with a basketball in their hands.

The Knicks had a center that played with Willis Reed and had to trade him for Willis to take over. I think his name was Walt Bellamy??????? and was a very good center unlike Curry.

I don't think you need the 7 foot dominating low post center to win anymore in the NBA. The game has changed to a more up tempo athletic game and is going away from the old half court slowem down era. It was beginning to look like a footbal game.

I like those guys, they are athletic and just know how to play the game and handle the ball.

For all the potential Curry has, it's wasted because he does not have basketball running through his veins. He looks alien on the court and uncomfortable at times. Lee, Balkman and Frye look like they were born to play.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:08 AM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I think Curry is our future - like it or not. We have have sacrificed so much for him. A lottery pick for him last year and we could potentially have to swap our lottery pick this year as well, and not to mention the huge contract we gave him.

Personally I don't like the idea that Curry is our future, because he's very one dimensional player. Usually you try to create a team around a certain player with certain skills to maximize your superstar and the players around the superstar. But the biggest problem with Curry is that he can't create for others by passing out of double teams, and I'm not going to mention all of his defensive and rebounding problems

What kind of players are we going to put around Curry? We definately need a shot-blocking, rebounding, defensive PF who can hit a jumpshot - well good luck in that one. As for the rest of the players, we need players who will give him the ball and hope he makes a nice move around the basket, because once you give Curry the ball and he goes in motion, he's not giving up the ball. Thus, how is he maximizing the other players skills? Maybe if he's having a good game their PF will cheat up on him, leaving a hole for Marbury/Francis/Etc to drive through, but that's about it.

Speak of the Devil... You wanted a PF that can block, make jumpshots, steal, rebound and be consistent? Frye. Hustle in the paint? PF, SF? Lee. Spark off the bench? Balkman. Imagine if the Knicks kept these guys together for the next five years. Who won the game against the Bobcats? Lee. Who kept them in the game with his jumpshots? Frye. Go Knicks!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:50 AM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

very good post. balkman, lee, and frye are the future. period.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:55 AM   #9
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Frye, Lee and Curry combined-69 point, 34 rebounds-Average age-23.3-Average height-6'10'' THAT is our future.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:13 AM   #10
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I will continue to watch Curry and hope.

I am really down on the guy because he is so frustrating and inconsistent.

He has the tools but is so one dimensional.

I will try to have patience with him and root for him and the Knicks.

I have seen so really great moves from Curry under the basket and than on the other side stand there while a player behind him gets an allyoop pass and dunk. He was clueless and staring at the other basket across court. He has no court awareness, can you teach that? Slow on defense and defensive help, I have seen even marbury lecture him.

A guy his size and mobility should be a monster in the middle offensively and defensively.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #11
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Speak of the Devil... You wanted a PF that can block, make jumpshots, steal, rebound and be consistent? Frye. Hustle in the paint? PF, SF? Lee. Spark off the bench? Balkman. Imagine if the Knicks kept these guys together for the next five years. Who won the game against the Bobcats? Lee. Who kept them in the game with his jumpshots? Frye. Go Knicks!

Ye I've been impressed with Frye. He's playing pretty good defense, blocking shots, and he seems to be rebounding better. And when his jump shot is on, like last night, he's a nice player next to Curry.

I'm also starting to like the idea of starting Lee, Curry, and Frye at the same time.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #12
shakespeare
I airball my layups

shakespeare has an OK reputation so far

Regardless to whether any of the combination of mentioned players are the future or not, the Knicks have a bright future ahead of them if they can continue to allow their young players to develop.

I'm very high on Crye, Curry, Lee, Nate and Balkman
shakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:40 PM   #13
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
I think he is a very good backup center for Frye.

I give up on Curry and forget about James.

Curry just had 29 points and 9 rebounds
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: