Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #796
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: is Shaq even close to Kobe all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAstill
Why? It's not unreasonable. The fact that you have that avy
makes me question your thought process anyway.
Just like you said skill shouldn't matter when judging a player lol.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:41 AM   #797
CAstill
The GOATS

CAstill is starting to rub some people the wrong wayCAstill is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix

It was just a couple pages ago.
CAstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:43 AM   #798
swag2011
High School Starter

swag2011 has no real reputation yet.

LOL i haven't even read any of these pages but i'd bet money that it's full of your typical kobe haters who also stan for a certain someone i wont name, but we all know who i'm talking about.

love how Kobe got these haters pressed since 96.

anyway, i have kobe anywhere in that 7-9 group with shaq and duncan. my mind changes on where to place them everyday.
swag2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:54 AM   #799
aau
Serious playground baller

aau has an OK reputation so far

cracks top 3 with a monster
aau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:20 AM   #800
comerb
National High School Star

comerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat cool

If I have to play against prime Shaq or prime Kobe, I definitely do not want to play against Shaq.

He was dominant on a game to game basis that Kobe only matched in a handful of stretches in his career.
comerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #801
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAstill
It was just a couple pages ago.
Quote it.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #802
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by comerb
If I have to play against prime Shaq or prime Kobe, I definitely do not want to play against Shaq.

He was dominant on a game to game basis that Kobe only matched in a handful of stretches in his career.

For one game?

Kobe can outscore your entire team by himself after 3 quarters. Thats a possibility. With one game with shaq, you might get yourself 40 pts 20 boards and 50% fts, cant be on the floor in the last few min, and needs someone to give him the ball. With kobe, you might get yourself 60 points and a game winner

IDK. one game is tough. I think it makes sense to go with most explosive for one game, for a series or a year you obviously want the consistent dominance though.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #803
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
For one game?

Kobe can outscore your entire team by himself after 3 quarters. Thats a possibility. With one game with shaq, you might get yourself 40 pts 20 boards and 50% fts, cant be on the floor in the last few min, and needs someone to give him the ball. With kobe, you might get yourself 60 points and a game winner

IDK. one game is tough. I think it makes sense to go with most explosive for one game, for a series or a year you obviously want the consistent dominance though.

When prime Shaq got the ball in the paint, the end result was either a dunk, baby hook, or a trip to the foul line. So in essence, it was either an easy two points or a trip to the foul line and getting the opposing bigs in foul trouble. As amazing as prime Kobe was, he just never had that dominance.

Kobe was more likely to score 50, but he was also more likely to have an 8/25 shooting night.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #804
riseagainst
Banned

riseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
When prime Shaq got the ball in the paint, the end result was either a dunk, baby hook, or a trip to the foul line. So in essence, it was either an easy two points or a trip to the foul line and getting the opposing bigs in foul trouble. As amazing as prime Kobe was, he just never had that dominance.

Kobe was more likely to score 50, but he was also more likely to have an 8/25 shooting night.

one of the end results of shaq getting the ball was also his balls in Chris Dudley's face.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #805
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainst
one of the end results of shaq getting the ball was also his balls in Chris Dudley's face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlosK1udgp4

Rodman was running wild that game too.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #806
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by comerb

Fail!!!! Hack a Shaq and watch him choke free throws. Which one of the 2 had more consecutive 50 point games???
Which one scored the most points in a game? which one scored 62 points in 3 quarters which is higher than the other one's career high.......hmmmmm.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:49 AM   #807
LakersNeedShaq
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LakersNeedShaq has an OK reputation so far

My list is MJ, Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem. So they're pretty close on my All Time list. Personally, I'd take a prime Shaq over a prime Kobe, and I think most people would agree. But due to Kobe's longevity and the extra ring, I give him the higher ranking.
LakersNeedShaq is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: