Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Default NBA 2k15: MyCareer Thread

I wanted this to have it's own seperate thread. I understand there is a NBA 2k15 discussion thread, but that's just general discussion of the game. If this thread isn't used, then i'll just let it die.

My player is a 6'8 SF for the Atlanta Hawks. Hawks had 99% interest in me, and they had no back up SF.

I have spent most of my points in shooting, inside shots, and rebounding.

I average 8.6/2/6 a game. I have serious trouble scoring so I only shoot when open. My career high so far is 18 points. I average 41% FG and 33% from 3.

I play hall of fame, simulation style so it's actually pretty tough. Only thing I don't like is that it looks like the Hawks are gonna miss the playoffs, currently 22-30.

On my second ten day contract, 1 game left. Gonna play all day tomorrow on my day off. Games go by rather quickly I noticed, and I play 12 minute quarters. I expect this to change after I start. I'm currently 8th in the rotation.

See youtubers nailing some ridiculous shots and I don't understand how.

Anyways, my overall is currently 69, and so far I'd say my career has gone alright. P.S: Hall of fame difficulty gets you insane amount of VC per game!

Banned

Default Re: NBA 2k15: MyCareer Thread

6"10 pf on orlando. 2 games left in my second 10 day contract. I'm averaging 12pts 5rbs and a block with most of my skill points in inside shooting athleticism and play making. Just scoring in the post or beating slow or poor defenders off the dribble for driving dunks. Evrrything feels improved gameplay wise so far, timing rebounds makes more sense, blocking works better and I dont just jump next to a guy shooting without trying to block now and the way defense playing too close or slow works with blow bys is so mich better and easier to understand now. In the last game I had to break ankles or dribble in wide circles to get by people now if their slow or too close I can just get by with pace and having them on the wrong foot like a real person.

dont know if it's just my game but its odd how many ankle injuries there are. In the 10 or so games I've played elfrid payton, channing frye and andrew nicholson all have a broken ankle

Love Live Life

7'0 PF 270 lbs trying to get him like Hakeem.

I created a 6'6 195 lbs SG last night after getting worked on the Park by SFs and guards. Gonna try to build him after MJ and Kobe.

Once you create a 2nd player you can skip through cut scenes.

Both players play for the Suns. PF had a 80% interest from Suns and SG had a 99% interest.

Problem make a 6'0 PG and build him after myself soon. Not sure what team I'm gonna go for though. Maybe Pacers.

Banned

Getting the game tomorrow after school, and planning to play a lot of MyCAREER.

I'll be making a 6'4", 200 lbs PG from Ireland, with my face scanned too. I don't know who I'm going to tryout for, don't even know what happens much in MyCAREER except for going undrafted as I don't want anything to be spoilt, but right now I'm thinking of the Bucks so I can play with young studs like Giannis and Jabari, the Hornets, the Pelicans, and hell, maybe the Mavericks or Rockets. At first, I said I was gonna try out for the Timberwolves, but it seems like everybody and their mother wants to play with Wiggins and LaVine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Getting the game tomorrow after school, and planning to play a lot of MyCAREER.

I'll be making a 6'4", 200 lbs PG from Ireland, with my face scanned too. I don't know who I'm going to tryout for, don't even know what happens much in MyCAREER except for going undrafted as I don't want anything to be spoilt, but right now I'm thinking of the Bucks so I can play with young studs like Giannis and Jabari, the Hornets, the Pelicans, and hell, maybe the Mavericks or Rockets. At first, I said I was gonna try out for the Timberwolves, but it seems like everybody and their mother wants to play with Wiggins and LaVine.
    You go undrafted because you end up in prison for being at a party with drugs around, while in prison you play a round robin against guys who try to fight you and flagrant foul, someone in there with you approaches after the game and tells you he used to be an agent, you get released he becomes your agent, you then get to try out for an NBA team, when you turn 30 one of the guys you made fun of in the prison stabs you in the arena hallways after a game, then you get the hall of fame cut scene. They went all out with the storyline, there's romances and betrayals it's like a soap opera.

[COLOR="White"]just kidding [/COLOR]

I tried this again last night (lost my first save thanks to 2K servers). Am on the 2nd 10 day contract with the Hornets again. Let's see if the save's still there when I get home.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I tried this again last night (lost my first save thanks to 2K servers). Am on the 2nd 10 day contract with the Hornets again. Let's see if the save's still there when I get home.
    Did you do anything to cause your save to go? I don't mean anything that was your fault just what circumstances led to it or was it totally just turn on the console and it's gone? Trying to avoid it myself lol

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I thought I lost my save last night but it just said my email expired because I didn't validate it.

No it just wasn't connected to the 2K servers while I made my player and played all those games. Lots of people haf the same problem.

Masamba "The General" Nnamani
    7'3" Athletic Center
    Toronto Raptors
    Jersey #91
    78 Overall Rating
    Badges: Pick&Roll Maestro (gold), Spark Plug, and Enforcer.

Currently averaging 12/12 on 59% with 3 BPG. Just took the starting Center spot from Valancunias (Raptors).

Banned

Started a sg last night 6'6 on the wolves. Im 2 games into my full year deal and just got the starting role. Averaging 20ppg 4rb 2ast 1st 1blk. Had back to back 30pt games before getting the starting role.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Okay, I have been no lifing the game recently.

I'm now averaging 18/2/11. I'm 3/4 done with my first season.

Simming all the the games that give you only less than 200 VC.

4th place in for ROTY.

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Okay, I have been no lifing the game recently.

I'm now averaging 18/2/11. I'm 3/4 done with my first season.

Simming all the the games that give you only less than 200 VC.

4th place in for ROTY.

Yep I do the same thing. Only skip the sub 200 games. Also, be sure to play the game on Hall of Fame difficulty. It doesn't seem any harder than All-Star to me, and you get a 2x VC bonus. I can pull 800-1000 VC per game with only 6 min quarters.

Banned

Played my first starting game on my shooting guard just then against the rockets. Got into a fight with Harden before the game and ending up we ended up beating them and picked up 20pts 4rbs 8asts which is my highest assists so far. The post game still had a guy question me about how much the offence went through me which is odd because I shot 75%, had 8 assists and 1 turn over. So I laid into the guy about being stupid and got a mind games badge for being aggressive lol.

Love Live Life

What difficulty y'all playing on?

My SG is only averaging like 6-7 ppg I only get about 5 mins of pt though. My PF average about 10-12ppg with like 4 rpg.

I'm having a hard time taking over games and scoring. My shot is booty too.

@Outbreak What style is your SG?