Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default lil wayne ACTUALLY knows how to play the guitar !!!!!

I thought him saying he plays was some bull**** til i saw this video , now i am not saying he is a pro but i can see he really has been taking lessons or something, he is a lot better than i would have thought.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfC_1mkUj3w

Default Re: lil wayne ACTUALLY knows how to play the guitar !!!!!

damn he actually learned some guitar

UD
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

This is a joke right? Please let this be a joke.

Playing a barre chord...not even a barre chord, just barring the bottom three strings and playing them through a distorted amp = knowing how to play the guitar?

You should pay to watch me play, I'm like the next reincarnation of Jimi Hendrix.

[QUOTE=UD

[QUOTE=UD

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I respect the fact that he is trying to learn... I really, honestly do. But, he is still laughably bad, judging by that video. No... It isn't quite as comical as the infamous one where he is off-rhythm and out-of-tune, playing the same two notes over and over. At least he seems to have gotten the whole 'keeping your guitar in tune' thing down... And he displays a small amount of rhythm in his right hand with this video.

But, from a technical stand-point... terrible. Honestly... I could teach anyone on this message board to play better than that in a few days.

That said, I hope he keeps practicing. I think it is good for the inner-city youth to see a guy that they look up to playing a real instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I respect the fact that he is trying to learn... I really, honestly do. But, he is still laughably bad, judging by that video. No... It isn't quite as comical as the infamous one where he is off-rhythm and out-of-tune, playing the same two notes over and over. At least he seems to have gotten the whole 'keeping your guitar in tune' thing down... And he displays a small amount of rhythm in his right hand with this video.

But, from a technical stand-point... terrible. Honestly... I could teach anyone on this message board to play better than that in a few days.

That said, I hope he keeps practicing. I think it is good for the inner-city youth to see a guy that they look up to playing a real instrument.
    a lot of inner city youth play instruments anyway to get back on topic that is really what i am trying to say that its cool that he is actually trying to get better rather than just saying he plays and never even picking up a guitar.

Learning to shoot layups pollackjack's Avatar

I think he's faking it there. I mean there are many, many, many, many, MANY videos of evidence and testimonies of people who have heard him play badly. This is a fuzzy video of him sort of playing decent... I think it was leaked by lil wayne's management or somebody so that people who think he is a horrible guitar player won't keep going around saying that he is a horrible guitar player... because he IS a horrible guitar player. I just doubt the validity of this video. I am more convinced the pictures of sasquatch are legit than that this deranged little rapping muppet can actually play guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by pollackjack
    I think he's faking it there. I mean there are many, many, many, many, MANY videos of evidence and testimonies of people who have heard him play badly. This is a fuzzy video of him sort of playing decent... I think it was leaked by lil wayne's management or somebody so that people who think he is a horrible guitar player won't keep going around saying that he is a horrible guitar player... because he IS a horrible guitar player. I just doubt the validity of this video. I am more convinced the pictures of sasquatch are legit than that this deranged little rapping muppet can actually play guitar.
    Whoever the guy is in the video, he is playing the guitar that you hear. It is quite obvious. If he were going to fake playing, it would have sounded a hell of a lot better than that. If you cut out the effects, it would sound absolutely putrid.

No way, if they went Joe Satriani in the video then everyone would KNOW it's a farce. There are a few ear raping moments of the song which is already terrible to begin with, but to make a convincing fake, you have to set the standards at an appropriate level. You can watch that video and go, "Hey, Lil Wayne is progressing, it's not perfect, but I give him credit for at least trying." but that would be the exact reaction they want you to believe. Otherwise, why wouldn't he try this in front of people? Why is he alone with a camera on in his room playing to what is clearly a backing track?

In an age where movies like Cloverfield can look authentic enough to allow an adult audience to stretch their boundaries of disbelief to imagine a giant monster crushing New York City, it can't be that hard to doctor a video of the untalented Lil Wayne playing a guitar that doesn't sound like its being handled by a cough syrup injected, overactive orangutan.

Very good NBA starter

wow that was atrocious

Quote Originally Posted by pollackjack
    No way, if they went Joe Satriani in the video then everyone would KNOW it's a farce. There are a few ear raping moments of the song which is already terrible to begin with, but to make a convincing fake, you have to set the standards at an appropriate level. You can watch that video and go, "Hey, Lil Wayne is progressing, it's not perfect, but I give him credit for at least trying." but that would be the exact reaction they want you to believe. Otherwise, why wouldn't he try this in front of people? Why is he alone with a camera on in his room playing to what is clearly a backing track?

In an age where movies like Cloverfield can look authentic enough to allow an adult audience to stretch their boundaries of disbelief to imagine a giant monster crushing New York City, it can't be that hard to doctor a video of the untalented Lil Wayne playing a guitar that doesn't sound like its being handled by a cough syrup injected, overactive orangutan.
    You make a good case as to why they would fake a bad guitar performance, but the fact remains that I have been playing the instrument for 10+ years and I can tell that the person in the video is playing the guitar that is heard. It would be almost impossible for a novice to be so precise with his right and left hands... Even with the mistakes that are heard.

damn didnt think everyone on here was a certified music teacher, with that being said i dont know if its a publicity stunt or whatever, but my original point is that he ACTUALLY/SORTA/KINDA/MAYBE plays guitar which in itself is shocking. i thought he was full of crap when he said he was learning.

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

But, from a technical stand-point... terrible. Honestly... I could teach anyone on this message board to play better than that in a few hours.

fyp

You make a good case as to why they would fake a bad guitar performance, but the fact remains that I have been playing the instrument for 10+ years and I can tell that the person in the video is playing the guitar that is heard. It would be almost impossible for a novice to be so precise with his right and left hands... Even with the mistakes that are heard.
    But you have to imagine they kept that in mind. They didn't have Lil' Wayne mime to a track, that's silly, it'd be so easy for him to mess up as he played along and have people like you notice that he did. My guess is they recorded it like a cartoon with someone playing a guitar to the video so that it syncs up somewhat. Distress the video quality a little bit and nobody is the wiser. Well... I mean, I am... but whatever.

damn didnt think everyone on here was a certified music teacher, with that being said i dont know if its a publicity stunt or whatever, but my original point is that he ACTUALLY/SORTA/KINDA/MAYBE plays guitar which in itself is shocking. i thought he was full of crap when he said he was learning
    I'm not a certified music teacher, I'm just a skeptic that won't be fooled by this ruse. I fell for this once with a duo of dreadlock wearing phonies and I vowed I would never be led astray again.