Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: How many hours of sleep do you get?

Depends how many benzos i've taken.

My eratic sleep schedule will likely be the death of me (no joke). I haven't been able to develop fluidity in my sched for years. Even as a kid, I had always been a total night owl. It's not uncommon for me to go to work or school on like 2 hours or less. Im a nocturnal being in every sense of the word.

With that said, I love sleep too...

If there was a competition for staying up, I could probably give any non-insomiac a run for their money...

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Depends how many benzos i've taken.
    I know you're being jokey but stay away from those man. With working in the addictions sector I've seen first hand, what type of adverse effects benzo's can produce. They're poison...

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    My eratic sleep schedule will likely be the death of me (no joke). I haven't been able to develop fluidity in my sched for years. Even as a kid, I had always been a total night owl. It's not uncommon for me to go to work or school on like 2 hours or less. Im a nocturnal being in every sense of the word.

With that said, I love sleep too...

If there was a competition for staying up, I could probably give any non-insomiac a run for their money...

What's the longest you've ever stayed up? I once did 31 hours straight back in '99.

Around 8 on average.

I'd like to get 9 every weekday though and then get a little less on the weekends if anything is going on... I feel like that's a better balance than not getting as much during the week feeling all tired and worn down at work/school/gym/whatever you are doing and catching up on the weekends.

Bottom line though, I need about 9 in order to function optimally. My body is naturally pretty depressed with bursts of energy so sleep is necessary.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

I always try to get 8 so I don't feel like shit. But if I gotta go 6, I can stand it for about 2 days before I gotta take a nap (late on the second day).

I rule the local playground

3-5 on weekdays, though I sometimes take naps in the evening. 6-7 on weekends

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    What's the longest you've ever stayed up? I once did 31 hours straight back in '99.
    That's a good question. I would say something along the lines of 38 hours.

That's a good question. I would say something along the lines of 38 hours.
    I did 66 hours once a few years back as an undergraduate. Woke up Tuesday morning, went to bed Friday (stayed up a bit past midnight on Thursday). By the end of it I was full on auditory and visual hallucinations, delerium, and shit not unlike an extremely unenjoyable psychedelic.

NEVER again.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 04-24-2014 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoops
    3-5 on weekdays, though I sometimes take naps in the evening. 6-7 on weekends
    About the same for me.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    I did 66 hours once a few years back as an undergraduate. Woke up Tuesday morning, went to bed Friday (stayed up a bit past midnight on Thursday). By the end of it I was full on auditory and visual hallucinations, delerium, and shit not unlike an extremely unenjoyable psychedelic.

NEVER again.
    I think I might have done 72 hours once...with a few really short naps scattered in there though, probably not more than 3-4 hours combined. Don't fully remember. Terrible and it was hard to be productive...felt like a zombie, in a complete daze by the end. No hallucinations though

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    About the same for me.

I know you're being jokey but stay away from those man. With working in the addictions sector I've seen first hand, what type of adverse effects benzo's can produce. They're poison...
    hah! I know man, my dad has been on the benzos for decades now and he's been trying to get off them the last couple years (was 6mg Klonopin), but still can't manage to go below 1-2mg without completely losing it. I am careful and do find them useful at times, but will never allow myself to get addicted to them. Thanks for the advice anyway though, it is very true and people should be more aware how pernicious they can be. Doctors still hand them out like candy and frequently don't warn about how addictive they are.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

NEVER again.
    Come to think of it, I'm positive that I low balled myself as I'm certain I certain I exceeded the 40 hour mark. Definitely never grazed 60 like yourself though. Were you grinding out a heavy study session or just messing around? 66 is just nutty lol... And that's saying a lot coming from my vampire living ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    hah! I know man, my dad has been on the benzos for decades now and he's been trying to get off them the last couple years (was 6mg Klonopin), but still can't manage to go below 1-2mg without completely losing it. I am careful and do find them useful at times, but will never allow myself to get addicted to them. Thanks for the advice anyway though, it is very true and people should be more aware how pernicious they can be. Doctors still hand them out like candy and frequently don't warn about how addictive they are.
    You speak high truths. Some of the prescriptions I would see some of my former clients come in with would never seize to amaze. Just because something isn't an illcit street drug, doesn't mean it should administered without extreme caution. This shit ruins lives, and some of these docs just write their scripts headlessly. It's analogous to putting the rock in a crackheads pipe and lighting it for them.

Might I ask if your old man has ever been to detox? A decade span worth of Benzo usage generally requires a tapper (ie - being gradually weened off). The average stay at a detox centre is usually about 3 to 6 days but long term/heavy benzo users are often handled more delicately and require a longer stay, due to the intensity and dangers of the associated withdrawal.

I wish him well...
    Last edited by Done_And_Done; 04-24-2014 at 03:59 AM.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

i try to get 8 hours, in the weekend its less though