Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your go to moves?

A couple I've been using pretty often lately

- crossover stepback J

- spin move + floater...something like Tony Parker but obviously nowhere near as quick or fluid, still works for me.

What is your go to move(s)?

Banned

Default Re: Your go to moves?

I tell her she's good looking for whatever her race is... This puts here on the backfoot, attracts her attention and breaks down ice... It's a backhanded compliment that is essentially an insult, but cleverly disguised. It puts you in a plain to work with, depending on how she reacts... Some call it good guy/bad guy or hot and cold... Pretty much...Just twinkering with human emotion and taking advantage of that understanding

NBA Superstar

My go-to move, for years now, has been my in-and-out-to-cross.

I originally began working on it back in the 90's when I saw Tim Hardaway do this on my NBA Jam Session VHS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImQmIy1rZB0

I used to try to mimic that move exactly, right down to the floater. But over time, it began to develop a life of its own. Eventually I traded in Hardaway's butter smoothness on that play (which I could never match anyway) for a quicker and more sudden in-and-out along with a cross (removing the spin and float piece). At some point it all just began clicking and became really deadly.

That said, like most moves, it really only reaches maximum effectiveness if I use it sparingly and wisely. There's been times where I've fixated on it and defenders can subsequently read and anticipate. But when I wait for the right moment and employ it like a coup de grace, it's made me feel pretty good about the results on many occasions.

I've never had a standard crossover that was nasty enough to break ankles. But coming down in semi-transition and employing the in-and-out-to-cross often yields a similar effect, as the defender often slides and shifts almost a foot in the wrong direction as they anticipate a simple in-and-out. It's probably as close as I get to mixtaping, the moment that's most likely to draw the "Oh my god, what'd he just do to you?" responses.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 04-19-2016 at 01:12 AM.

Open jumper

Any videos?

I fake an interior-foot pass to the left of the opponent and in the same movement bring the ball on to his right.
    Learned this from Rui Costa.
    Always works.

...wait, this is basketball?

oook

Palming the ball.

Very good NBA starter

Crossover, step back fade away 3

If not available i go for the dunk, and-one.

Fake that im going right with my foot with a hard plant and burst left. For some reason as a right handed player im a much better scorer going left

Tolerant Liberals

From triple threat: jab step jump shot. I swear this is more effective than open jumpers for me.

Off the dribble I am money with pull ups from around the free throw line area. Guys give me a lot of space because they have to respect my drive so I just J it up Westbrook style.

Step-back mid-range J or I can counter with a spin-fadeaway or step through.

If I am desperate for a point, doesn't matter if it's someone shorter than me or taller (I'm only 5'9 less than 150l lbs ) I can hit a fadeaway, kinda like that Olajuwon/KG/Kobe dream shake fade and bank it in. Everyone looks at me like where did that come from?

Also, that Olajuwon pump fake, it gets everyone who overplays you really bad. The problem is they might fall on you, it's not as if these dudes are as athletic or as good defenders as NBA players where they can jump and avoid making contact.

Harden's stepback, i'ma a lefty.. people tend to not know what you do when you are a lefty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk21K7pwSzA

Bull Dog dribble. If I get people with this the first time then they will usually back off and it opens up the shot. I will usually back it out to a point where I can start running at them with if it's in the half court.

Otherwise just get people moving and step back jumpers. Between the legs crossovers too. If you reach you won't get anything and if you don't then I've got you moving and can counter.

im pretty solid regarding the one legged fadeaway shot. even if the hand is already up and its impossible to see the basket for me....im making that shot on ca 46%

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Open jumper