Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend

Default Re: Are you proud of your race??

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Illegal or naturalized immigrants, doesn't matter....redneck don't want America to be less white.

Why should/would they?

NBA Legend

Because you guys shouldn't be scared of a mixed/diverse nation.

Maybe not, bt it represents an unknown. How would that country look culturally, how would it operate politically, what would it mean for my grandkids to possibly be minorities themselves?

I'm not saying it's some national death sentence, I'm just saying the desire to preserve the status quo is certainly rational. And the older the person, the more likely they are to harbor it. If Jeb Bush wants to keep the country a white majority, that's his opinion. Doesnt matter to me. Im not gonna villify him for it. Obviously if you want to, that's your prerogative, but I dont think youre taking the time to look at it from his vantage point.

NBA Legend

He seems to be against birthright citizenship based on that anchor baby remarks. So when you have him going against another group (Asians) of predominantly naturalized immigrants, while most other conservatives are against Mexican immigrants, it makes it look like their whole party just don't like immigrants all together.

First it was just going after Mexicans. Then Jeb going after "anchor baby" immigrants, whose parents came here for work or school. It just comes out like Reps don't like any kind of immigrant.

A lot of immigrants do come here to work, but, on the other hand, a lot of them do come to drop a baby and start collecting citizenship benefits without having ever paid into the system. This isnt something Im just making up. I know hispanic girls whove told me about specific relatives who do it, and there's plenty of statistical evidence showing it happens frequently.

What is wrong with reforming the system to prevent ILLEGAL immigration, so that only the honest immigrants can get here?

Like, why would that be bad?

You are taking things too personally. Opposing illegal immigration, opposing a flood of people coming in from outside the US cultural bounds, this doesnt mean anyone thinks any less of you as a us citizen just bc you may be hispanic or azn. Its about creating the rigt social environment for ALL of us going forward. Which may mean reducing the number of people who come here from your same background. So what? If you only want them here bc you want to be part of a larger group, even if its not healthy for america overall, thats actually quite selfish.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 11-11-2015 at 06:19 PM.

NBA Legend

Yes..this is exactly it. I couldn't it into words carefully.

My step-uncle did exactly this. He came here to study, marries a white girl, had a son with her so he doesn't have to go back home. His brother, my step-dad did the same. Came here to serve for U.S. military, marries my mom and had my half-brother and half-sister, he's a citizen by doing that.

It is a SNEAKY way of doing it...but it's legal. Documented, paper works in order, the whole nine yard. Asians are notorious for doing this.

My immediate family (not counting half-siblings) came here because we were civil war refugees. Technically, we had no country to stay. That's another type of immigration. 1. illegal, 2. war-child/family immigrants, 3. anchor babies.

Recently, some conservatives don't even want Syrian refugees to come here either. It's like conservatives are anti-immigration as a whole.

Well you and your fam might be good, working peeps, and that's fine. But there are others who skirt the system and come here just to scam. Show up illegally, have a kid, milk uncle sam, collect benefits.

Thats the main thing people want to prevent. Sure, there might be some people who just want a white country. Thats their opinion to have, but the fact still remains that we should try to prevent people abusing the system. We could still permit people to come here and work labor jobs. But they should still have to wait to be approved, and those who do not wait should not be welcomed.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Canelo_Griffin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Well you and your fam might be good, working peeps, and that's fine. But there are others who skirt the system and come here just to scam. Show up illegally, have a kid, milk uncle sam, collect benefits.

Thats the main thing people want to prevent. Sure, there might be some people who just want a white country. Thats their opinion to have, but the fact still remains that we should try to prevent people abusing the system. We could still permit people to come here and work labor jobs. But they should still have to wait to be approved, and those who do not wait should not be welcomed.
    What do you for a living to contribute to the country? Last i heard you were living off your parents jerking off trynna make it in Hollywood. That's hardly the image of a highly opiniated, hard working, tax paying 'Murican

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Canelo_Griffin
    What do you for a living to contribute to the country? Last i heard you were living off your parents jerking off trynna make it in Hollywood. That's hardly the image of a highly opiniated, hard working, tax paying 'Murican

White privileges has its privileges

He seems to be against birthright citizenship based on that anchor baby remarks. So when you have him going against another group (Asians) of predominantly naturalized immigrants, while most other conservatives are against Mexican immigrants, it makes it look like their whole party just don't like immigrants all together.

First it was just going after Mexicans. Then Jeb going after "anchor baby" immigrants, whose parents came here for work or school. It just comes out like Reps don't like any kind of immigrant.

My problem with that is, I don't have any other country to go to. America is the only place for me. Remarks like that makes me feel like my naturalized citizenship is lesser value. I belong here as much as any other American.
    Or, it means that they're against breaking the law, regardless of what race the person breaking the law is.