Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 04-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #46
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Default Re: Round 1: Pistons vs. Magic Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Det. 4-0

That's How Many See It.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #47
FPower
Local High School Star

Quote:
But back to the Detroit series, Orlando rarely gets blown out in games so it's foolish to think of them as an easy out imo

Forget the regular season, it's playoff time now. The Magic are going to have to play much, much better than they did in the regular season to get the same results. Maybe they're capable of cranking up their level of play to make it a series...maybe they're not. We'll see.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #48
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Hedo and Hill are going to have to play really good following Dwight and Jameer to even make this series close.

Battie or Darko is going to have to step up to.
Any news on if Darko is going to be playing?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #49
JMEWLS

Full schedules and time posted in the game discussion thread on the ORLANDO BOARD.

Check it out.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #50
Top_Of_Tha_World
I rule the local playground

This is the worst series of the playoffs. But playoff experience is always good. Dwight should try to show people what he really can do. They cant win so mine as well accomplish something.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:28 PM   #51
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Quote:
Detroit vs. Orlando

Game 1 - Sat April 21 Orlando at Detroit 7:00PM 7:00PM ESPN
Game 2 - Mon April 23 Orlando at Detroit 7:00PM 7:00PM TNT
Game 3 - Thu April 26 Detroit at Orlando 8:00PM 8:00PM TNT
Game 4 - Sat April 28 Detroit at Orlando 3:00PM 3:00PM TNT
Game 5 * Tue May 1 Orlando at Detroit TBD TBD TBD
Game 6 * Thu May 3 Detroit at Orlando TBD TBD TBD
Game 7 * Sat May 5 Orlando at Detroit TBD TBD TNT

Quote:
Saturday, April 21, 2007 By A. Sherrod Blakely

AUBURN HILLS -- The Orlando Magic had four regular-season games to try and figure out how to contain Chauncey Billups.

They had four regular-season games to figure out how to defeat the Detroit Pistons.

The Magic failed -- miserably -- on both fronts.

series against the Magic, and his play will be just as instrumental in their first-round playoff series that begins tonight at The Palace.

The Pistons' success often hinges on their ability to find a mismatch, and exploit it.

Nowhere is that more obvious than the way Billups has used his 6-foot-3, 202-pound frame to overpower Orlando point guard Jameer Nelson, who is at least three inches shorter and about 10 pounds lighter.

Billups averaged 26 points per game against Orlando this season, his highest scoring average against any Eastern Conference playoff team. His season-low against the Magic was 17 points, which came in a 22-point Pistons win when Billups' playing time was limited.

"I've been able to get to my spots (against Orlando)," Billups said. "Of course, he's (Nelson) a lot smaller than me. I try to use my advantage, my strength and my height against him, and just be aggressive."

Aware of the mismatch, Pistons coach Flip Saunders said there hasn't been an increase in the number of plays called for Billups when playing Orlando.

"With him being the point guard, he sets the tone, runs plays for other people," Saunders said. "He kind of plays off everybody else, offensively."

Saunders anticipates the Magic may try to change how they defend Billups, possibly by putting ex-Piston Grant Hill on him. However, that would then create a mismatch with shooting guard Richard Hamilton and whoever would guard him.

But, in any scenario Orlando might use in order to limit Billups, the Pistons will still have some type of mismatch they can utilize.
"I'm sure they'll try some different things," Saunders said, "but with this group, a veteran group . . . we've pretty much seen about anything you can do,"

The last time the Pistons played Orlando, Magic center Dwight Howard attempted 16 free throws -- he made just eight -- and scored only 12 points. He may get to the free-throw line a lot again tonight.
"Rather than give a guy a dunk, you'd rather put him on the line," Saunders said. "We have the luxury of having a lot of big guys who have the ability to do that."

Howard, who had at least 20 points and 10 rebounds in the first three games against the Pistons, said he became frustrated by Detroit's constant double teams and fouling when he was around the basket in the fourth game.

"They were going to send me to the free-throw line and not let me dunk," Howard, a 58.6-percent free-throw shooter this season, told Florida Today. "That game really made me angry and I'm looking forward to redeeming myself."

Lindsey Hunter, on seeing Hill, his ex-teammate and good friend, back in the playoffs for the first time since he left Detroit in 2000: "To see him back in it and playing well . . . unfortunately he's playing against us. He's doing well and I'm happy for him."

Ex-Piston Darko Milicic, who sprained his right foot earlier this week, is questionable for Orlando tonight. . . . Amir Johnson will not be allowed to play in the postseason for the Sioux Falls (S.D.) Skyforce, Detroit's Development League affiliate. D-League rules state that a player who was not on the playoff roster by 2 p.m. last Sunday is ineligible for the postseason. Despite an impressive week with the Pistons, Johnson will likely be on the inactive list for the NBA playoffs.

A. Sherrod Blakely can be reached at sherrodb@aol.com, or on his weblog at www.mlive.com/pistons/weblog/.

Sounds like a good plan to me; pound Jameer and double/foul Dwight.

Last edited by DeuceWallaces : 04-21-2007 at 12:34 PM.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #52
Attila
Local High School Star

Chauncey will abuse Jameer.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #53
DRUMGEE
Learning to shoot layups

Go Pistons!
DRUMGEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #54
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

here we go! LEts get ready to rumble
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #55
Ross
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Of_Tha_World
This is the worst series of the playoffs. But playoff experience is always good. Dwight should try to show people what he really can do. They cant win so mine as well accomplish something.

Cavs/Wizards sounds like the worst to me.

I think the Magic will probably get a home win but go down 4 - 1.

Hopefully its a competitive game tonight.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #56
Attila
Local High School Star

I just hope Webber doesn't bring his curse to Detroit.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #57
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I'll skip watching most of this game. Orlando? Yeah they'll put up a fight.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #58
Younggrease
Banned

Detroit WILL Win but if Dwight has another gear we could see them win 2 games. I really interested in seeing what he can do, i never really watch him but when i do im amazed at what he can do athletically.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:51 PM   #59
geeWiz15
Banned

wow I don't know if there has been a less interesting playoff series in the history of mankind. Detroit is only fun to watch in small doses and when they're taking their opponent seriously. Orlando is never fun to watch. Detroit will sweep this joke of a series.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #60
Attila
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
wow I don't know if there has been a less interesting playoff series in the history of mankind. Detroit is only fun to watch in small doses and when they're taking their opponent seriously. Orlando is never fun to watch. Detroit will sweep this joke of a series.
Better watching the Magic then the Wizards without Gilbert and Caron.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: