Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 11-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #1
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation
Default Tell me if this is legit...

I have a pretty good feeling that Minnesota will not get a title very soon (haha duh) so im throwin this out there without involving marion whatsoever....kurt thomas is a free agent this comin summer and has a big contract to unload (we all know how sarver wants to avoid luxury tax if possible regardless of his recent statements) and the suns are "swingmen-a-plenty" i.e.-james jones, jumain jones, eric piatkowski and possibly soon jalen rose who would, if signed, probably also be a free agent come summer time....so here, my friends, is my brilliant proposal...
Kevin Garnett to the Phoenix Suns by the trade deadline for...
Kurt Thomas, our 3 first-round draft picks, and one of our bench swingmen including, if acquired, Jalen Rose...
now here's my reasoning....Kurt is cool we all like him yadda yadda yadda-hes NO garnett and his contract will be up soon anyways....our first round picks because if minn. is given up KG, than they have obviously accepted their rebuilding process and will have 3 picks plus their own in the upcoming draft and what better way to rebuild than that many picks in the first round? and finally throwing in a swingman just cuz we have enough and cuz minnesota could do with him what they please....
TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS!!!!!!!! i think this would be great
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #2
nashforprez
Local High School Star

nashforprez has an OK reputation so far

no no no and no. you want to give up the future for garnett? those 3 draft picks could be something special.
nashforprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

well yeah my only doubts were the fact that yes we could get something special from those picks but at the same time the suns have been given up their picks lately anyways and honestly, how freakin SIC would it be if the Big TICKET came to play alongside Nash? Two MVPs, amare, matrix, and 3D all together? im kinda goin off the basis of getting a championship within this season or next thats why im sayin this....
Old 11-03-2006, 02:03 PM   #4
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

or how about we give them one or two of this years draft picks and then maybe one or two future picks? so we would still have at least one pick this year
Old 11-04-2006, 04:43 PM   #5
Trademark
I hit open layups

Trademark is considered somewhat coolTrademark is considered somewhat cool

Don't think Minnesota would go for it. They've been playing better ball this year than in years past. I don't think that they're going to get rid of him this year.
Trademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #6
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

even tho theyre playin/gonna play a little better....thats JUST a LITTLE BETTER...thats it...they probably wont make the playoffs again...even tho this trade is just my fantasy and obviously wouldnt happen, its time for minnesota to rebuild and i think KG deserves a ring before he is done, so all im sayin is what better place to do it than here ya know? i think if minnesota is still doin pretty bad by the trade deadline they should throw in the towel and give up the big ticket to start rebuilding....if garnett stays in minn. he'll never get that ring....
Old 11-04-2006, 05:56 PM   #7
Trademark
I hit open layups

Trademark is considered somewhat coolTrademark is considered somewhat cool

Yeah... I like Garnett, and I think that he deserves a ring. But, I don't know that I'd be willing to give up all three of our first round picks next year to get him that ring...
Trademark is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: