Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old Today, 03:32 PM   #466
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Default Re: The Official Russia Witch Hunt Thread

McCabe spilling the tea...

Quote:
Andrew McCabe has claimed for the first time that he told the Gang of Eight—including Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan—that the FBI opened up a counterintelligence investigation into President Donald Trump after the firing of James Comey. He claims none of them even tried to object.

McCabe’s claim that he directly informed congressional leaders from both parties would mean that some of the most high-profile figures in the Republican Party were aware that the FBI had opened up a counterintelligence investigation against Trump far earlier than previously known.

“This is a recommendation that came to me from my team, I reviewed it with our lawyers, I discussed it at length with the deputy attorney general, and I told Congress what we had done.”

Pressed on whether any of the senior Republicans or Democrats fought against the investigation, McCabe responded: “That’s the important thing here, Savannah—no one objected, not on legal grounds, not on constitutional grounds, and not based on the facts.”

Quote:
“We had a number of very concerning things that we were considering at this time,” replied McCabe. “One of them was the fact that the president in our view had gone to extreme measures to potentially impact, negatively impact, possibly turn off our investigation of Russian meddling into the election and Russian coordination with his campaign.”

Pressed again on if he thought Trump worked for Russia, McCabe said: “We thought that might be possible, yes. We thought that might be possible. Now, remember, Savannah, we’re at the beginning of an investigation, we don’t draw conclusions, we just look at the facts and information we have and begin our investigations.”

Can't help but
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: