Default AMC's The Killing >>> Fargo & True Detective

Holy sh!t this is one of the best show of all time.

Banned

Default Re: AMC's The Killing >>> Fargo & True Detective

Watch it young blood. I'm a fan of both Fargo and True Detective but The Killing is just better.

Banned

The Killing is shit.

First 2 seasons was some of the best shit ive ever watched

the killing

First season got boring and stupid quickly, season two was weak. I liked season three though. True Detective and Fargo kinda fell hard in the middle but still higher quality shows.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

This is a bit of hyperbole, but it's not totally without merit.

I really liked The Killing, and thought it got pretty unfairly reamed by the tv media.

Season one ran too long, and should have closed out the case. And season two was just an extension of that. But those early parts of season 1 and then the end of season 2 were really good.

And season three was really good.

I felt like we were going to get what True Detective finally did. An episodic series that ran through a case, then moved to another. Either with the same inspectors, or move to a new setting all together.

I know I read Andy Greenwald on Grantland for TV reviews a lot, and he just lambasted the show with bad jokes every chance he got, some of which were funny. But then he props up a show like The Bridge like it's Breaking Bad two. And I watch The Bridge and find it decent telivision. I just don't see the gap between the two being nearly as chasm-ish as seems to be implied.

If you need something to Netflix and are into the murder mystery type genre, The Killing is a fine option. I wouldn't say run out and you have to watch this. But if it sounds like something you'd be into, it's done well enough to warrant watching for sure.

Another one from that Genre that has gotten rave reviews that I just didn't think was even close to being as good as advertised was Top of the Lake. Again, totally watchable. But I just don't see how it got such incredible rep while other shows were slammed.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

I lost interest in watching it after the start of the 2nd season., but i did enjoy the first season. does it get even better as it progresses?