Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 09-28-2008, 05:59 AM   #1
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Jerry West interested in what the Grizzlies are doing

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ntrigues-west/

Just a small section from the article.....
Quote:
But as much as West is rooting for Griz success, he doesn't always agree with every maneuver.

He would have kept Tarence Kinsey.

He would have insisted on better defense from the start of Iavaroni's tenure.

He would have kept Kevin Love in the draft.
He would have kept Kinsey! Too bad Wallace didn't think of that.

The other points aren't bad either. Although, even though I was against the Mayo trade at first, I think it was the best thing to do, looking back.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation
Default Re: Jerry West interested in what the Grizzlies are doing

Yeah I think Mayo will put more butts in seats. We definitely should have kept Kinsey, but oh well we got Q. Ross. If he gets waived, we riot.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think we have a few players who will bring more fans to the Grizzlies. Gasol and Haddadi will both bring fans from their respective country. Mayo will attract fans and the combintation of Mayo, Gay and Conley will bring even more fans.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

I don't think Gasol and Haddadi will really bring many fans to the team. The spanish fans will be less than when his brother was here. And I don't really see Iran as a country interested in basketball. Mayo+Gay are the real deal in terms of fans.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Well, I assume that Iran will have atleast a few basketball fans and I'm sure they'll be interested in the first Iranian player to make the NBA. Also, Gasol may not bring many fans, but again he will bring a few. I'm not talking about a lot of fans here, just a few and with Memphis at the moment, manangement should be happy about any fans that are attracted to the team.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

I don't know, maybe. Let's be optimistic with this too.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation

I mean yeah Kebab, this is Memphis we're talking about. Doubt Gasol and Haddadi really attract fans like Mayo will.

How many nationally televised games do we have this year? Hopefully we have at least one against the lakers. I get most of all the grizzlies game on FSN South, but it's nothing like watching them on TNT or ESPN.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I'm not saying they will bring fans like Mayo will. Haddadi obviously has fans of his in Iran and Gasol obviously has fans of his in Spain. I'm not saying they will bring in tonnes of fans, I'm saying that they will bring a few fans with them, no matter how small the group is.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

There were reports that haddadi was greeted at the airport by like 30 fellow iraniians. THey all already bought tickets.

I could care less about what west has to say. He is a tool that left us high and dry.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:20 AM   #10
TeenWolf'sCoach
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TeenWolf'sCoach has an OK reputation so far

The only nationally televised game is the MLK Day game against Detroit.
TeenWolf'sCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenWolf'sCoach
The only nationally televised game is the MLK Day game against Detroit.

True. But if by some stroke of luck happens. And the grizz are good. Then they will get extra games this seeason.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: