Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 01-19-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Why I'm personally thrilled about the Anthony trade--

this may sound strange, but i love the carmelo situation and i love what will happen if the nets trade for this slacker:

GENERAL TRADE SCENERIO: by giving up favors and a couple of lottery picks for a cry-baby, bratty star who will either bolt or demand an over-paid, long-term commitment, the nets will instantly blow much of the long-term advantages that thorny and crew had worked so hard to accumulate, the past couple of years.

and, yes... prokhy might eventually realise what a major gaffe that he & william king had committed, but the damage will be done. that is, instead of the nets having a chance to be a powerhouse in a couple years, with a solid infrastructure firmly responsible for that, they'll settle instead for putting butts in seats in time for the new arena opening. that is, they'll be just another philadelphia 76er's-type team from the oughts: always entertaining, and rarely a true threat to anyone, directly because of all the mismanaged draft picks.

and why is it so great to me, personally?

- i will know that i gave it all to this franchise for 9+ years, and that the nets and i owe each other absolutely nothing. and thus, my conscience will be crystal clear upon moving on.

- i will be able to celebrate and enjoy the accomplishments of the former nets stars on their current teams- kidd, carter, RJ, kmart without feeling like i need to justify myself in the slightest.

- i will be able to keep moving away from a sport in which crybabies get directly rewarded for being crybabies (think- every other star-player in the league, these days), and i'll continue to move towards MMA, which is a sport in which you don't get your hand held, and in which you better work your ass off, unless you want to get tossed into the cold...

AND IF THEY DON"T TRADE FOR MELO:

i will just keep struggling onward, aware of how long and painful this rebuilding process can be. but also knowing that it's pretty-much the only to git er done properly.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why I'm personally thrilled about the Anthony trade--

Quote:
AND IF THEY DON"T TRADE FOR MELO:

i will just keep struggling onward, aware of how long and painful this rebuilding process can be. but also knowing that it's pretty-much the only to git er done properly.
You got your wish?
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Don't get me wrong, I was salivating at the thought of getting Carmelo. I was yearning for a superstar in a superstar driven league. I wanted to finally be able to brag about my team. Turns out that we're taking the long route. Say what you want about draft picks, cap space, flexibility, etc......this is a STAR driven league. We had plenty of cap space last summer, what did that land us? Travis freaking Outlaw? Johan freaking Petro? Unless we get some proven talent on this squad, no STARS are gonna want to come here (even with the allure of Brooklyn.)

Look at the Lakers, Celtics, Heat, and even the Spurs. They have STARS that they made trades for. Did the Celtics say three years ago, "Oh, let's keep Al Jefferson and our young talent/flexibility and build?" No, they said "**** that, let's get some real talent and build a contender. They traded their assets for KG and Allen and won a championship. It's high risk, high reward. You're never going to amount to something by being passive and not taking risks.

The only team that is "organic" is the Thunder, and they're not even contenders with Durant. I had the mentality that I don't want to have to wait for our "Kevin Durant" to come, bc the draft (yes even lottery picks) produces WAY more busts than actual NBA ready talent.

Despite that, I'm still on board. I'm really disappointed we're not getting Carmelo, but eh, I'll live. But yes, that last request by Denver was too much. Not bc of the players or picks, but bc of pride. If I were the Nets owener, I WOULD NOT let another front office bully me like that. **** them, I hope they're happy.

Ever since I became a Nets fan at the start of the Kidd era, I went from expecting championships to begging for competitiveness and pride from the players.

It's been a long and tough journey for me as a fan to say the least (especially the last two years - which is part of the reason I've been AWOL from ISH), and frankly, I don't know why I'm still on this small bandwagon, whether it's loyalty or my stubbornness. But I'm still a Nets fan, and even with all the losing, I still have hope.

P.S. - Hi guys, sorry I've been gone. It's been a combination of school, trying to not be an ISH addict, and yeah, so on.

But I'm back, I won't be posting nearly as much, which is why I'm perfectly fine with not being a Mod and, in fact, encourage others to be Mods (MTing, Wang, and Netsfan).

Oh yeah, and I'm glad that you'll still be a Nets fan gigantes. :)

Last edited by RecSpecs110 : 01-19-2011 at 09:40 PM.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation

welcome back!
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #5
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

I am thrilled that we are not going for this anymore. We were having to give up so much to get not awhole lot in return. Melo is a great scorer and good rebounder for his position but thats it. ( Still an upgrade from our players)

But one thing that we have to keep in mind is what the analysis after the live broadcast were talking about which I did not really think about until they mentioned it. Were gaining all these assets to trade and or build through the draft. If we continue to build from draft eventually we can A) make a good team from the draft that can be "contenders" in the future or B) we can do what Miami did, trade and go through the FA for star players, Boston did it as well they had Pierce and they traded for KG and Ray. We have Lopez which on contrary to what might be thought so far of him this season as a disappointment he still is only 22 years old and has huge potential to be a star Center. Things can happen in the NBA, maybe this was not our trade and I believe it wasnt we were giving up a lot. We may find our Gasol trade, another Carter trade. A trade that does not clean us and still gets us a great player to push us forward. And then FA will want to come here because we will have talent. We should not be rushed just to grab the first star player that says they are not satisfied with there team anymore.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
Don't get me wrong, I was salivating at the thought of getting Carmelo. I was yearning for a superstar in a superstar driven league. I wanted to finally be able to brag about my team. Turns out that we're taking the long route. Say what you want about draft picks, cap space, flexibility, etc......this is a STAR driven league. We had plenty of cap space last summer, what did that land us? Travis freaking Outlaw? Johan freaking Petro? Unless we get some proven talent on this squad, no STARS are gonna want to come here (even with the allure of Brooklyn.)

Look at the Lakers, Celtics, Heat, and even the Spurs. They have STARS that they made trades for. Did the Celtics say three years ago, "Oh, let's keep Al Jefferson and our young talent/flexibility and build?" No, they said "**** that, let's get some real talent and build a contender. They traded their assets for KG and Allen and won a championship. It's high risk, high reward. You're never going to amount to something by being passive and not taking risks.

The only team that is "organic" is the Thunder, and they're not even contenders with Durant. I had the mentality that I don't want to have to wait for our "Kevin Durant" to come, bc the draft (yes even lottery picks) produces WAY more busts than actual NBA ready talent.

Despite that, I'm still on board. I'm really disappointed we're not getting Carmelo, but eh, I'll live. But yes, that last request by Denver was too much. Not bc of the players or picks, but bc of pride. If I were the Nets owener, I WOULD NOT let another front office bully me like that. **** them, I hope they're happy.

Ever since I became a Nets fan at the start of the Kidd era, I went from expecting championships to begging for competitiveness and pride from the players.

It's been a long and tough journey for me as a fan to say the least (especially the last two years - which is part of the reason I've been AWOL from ISH), and frankly, I don't know why I'm still on this small bandwagon, whether it's loyalty or my stubbornness. But I'm still a Nets fan, and even with all the losing, I still have hope.

P.S. - Hi guys, sorry I've been gone. It's been a combination of school, trying to not be an ISH addict, and yeah, so on.

But I'm back, I won't be posting nearly as much, which is why I'm perfectly fine with not being a Mod and, in fact, encourage others to be Mods (MTing, Wang, and Netsfan).

Definitely been a while. GL in school.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu
welcome back!

Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Definitely been a while. GL in school.

Thanks, and yeah, it's been almost 2 years I think. You've done an awesome job with the board though. Keep it up.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:31 AM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

@recspecs,
awesome to hear from you, again. i hope school and everything is going fine.

the reason i asked jeff to replace you with MTing and wang is that you suddenly disappeared and left us no word of your intentions for an entire year or so.

sort of ironic, because MTing and wang seem to have disappeared now, themselves.

i mean, i kind of gave up my moderator-seat to make room for the younger generation, but those two have simply disappeared this season. so thank god we peruvians are here to bail you koreans out. XD

anyway... regardless of my little tantrum, i've just received a huge shot in the arm via our russian owner.

russians are renowned for not tolerating a bunch of BS, and that is exactly what the carmelo deal had turned into, IMO.

so i am incredibly proud of prokhy, right now.

furthermore, this is the first sign i've seen that the new nets are truly playing for a championship, as opposed to merely maintaining a business model... like most average teams.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:41 AM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

now that this trade is finally dead, the nets apparently have FIVE first round picks in the next two years.

do you like apples?

if so, then how do you like those apples?
Old 01-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
now that this trade is finally dead, the nets apparently have FIVE first round picks in the next two years.

do you like apples?

if so, then how do you like those apples?
Lets trade Murphy for a Pick ( 1st Round Hopefully ) or try to ship him with other players ( except Favors ) for Granger
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #11
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Thanks man.

Thanks, and yeah, it's been almost 2 years I think. You've done an awesome job with the board though. Keep it up.
Thanks.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #12
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

I doubt this draft gives us are Kevin Durant anyway.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #13
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
I doubt this draft gives us are Kevin Durant anyway.
Melo is arguably the best pure scorer in the league.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Its great to hear from you man =).

Sorry I havent been as active as I normally am but I always come here everyday to check out the board. I've been a lurker mostly these days because I've been kinda busy. Just know that I'll always be here to do my job as a mod.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #15
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
...MTing and wang seem to have disappeared now, themselves.
oops... sorry, MT.

but great to know that you're still around.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: