Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Done deal: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics pull off 11-player deal

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    The one that flipped a lid when I dared suggest even the jury is out on Wally "i've been traded 30 times and cant stay healthy" Szerbiak and Ben "I was almost hung in Chicago" Wallace, after saying Delonte West would help them.
    That's all great, now look at what they gave up.
    larry hughes has been healthy right?
    gooden shoots 44 percent and joe smith is not that much worse than him.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

As a Bulls fan I'm just happy they got rid of Ben Wallace and now can really give more playing time to Tyrus Thomas, Noah and Aaron Gray. I doubt the Bulls even keep Gooden or Hughes after this season. Paxson can now offer Gooden, Hughes, Gordon, Duhon, etc. and get a real all-star player in return and maybe some draft picks.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Jordan Pippen Rodman's Avatar

watch chicago turn into the old phx suns b4 shaq. chicago can now go up tempo with the best of them.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
    That's all greta, now look at what they gave up.
    larry hughes has been healthy right?
    gooden shoots 44 percent and joe smith is not that much worse than him.
    What does Larry Hughes health have to do with Wallys? If one of them gets injured, it screws Cleveland either way.

I forgot about the Joe Smith pickup. Thats a good one along with West.

Like I was saying, I LIKE the West and Smith pickups, both of whom are solid players with good health history. With Wallace and Wally, the jury is out. Wallace has sucked this year and Wally, IF healthy, can contribute, but its no guarantee.

Is that alright with everyone? Or did I not include enough "lebron is great"s and "the great city of cleveland will revitalize everyone"s? Because thats what it seems like you're looking for.

The Big Bang

Maybe Cleveland has a chance to go far in the playoffs after all. Going back to the finals isn't improbable either.

Decent college freshman

lol at the defensive LBJ groupies.

Cavs are still gonna be a garbage team. Just be happy you're playing in the JV League. In the WC your pathetic team wouldn't even make playoffs.

I wish Larry the best of luck.

Despite his injuries and poor play, he was a class act for us. Hope he can get things figured out in Chicago. Maybe getting away from Cleveland will do him some good. It was clear from day one that him and LeBron weren't going to work out.

Hughes becomes the big guard that Chicago needs, and I think that he will go into each game w/o that burden he felt in Cleveland. Fans were very hard on him, and it got to the point where no matter what he did, it wasn't enough. Some of that he brought on himself with his play, but it's not his fault that he was offered a contract he wasn't worth. Can't blame him for cashing in.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    As a Bulls fan I'm just happy they got rid of Ben Wallace and now can really give more playing time to Tyrus Thomas, Noah and Aaron Gray. I doubt the Bulls even keep Gooden or Hughes after this season. Paxson can now offer Gooden, Hughes, Gordon, Duhon, etc. and get a real all-star player in return and maybe some draft picks.
    Hinrich
    Hughes
    Thabo
    Duhon
    Gordon
    Brown
    Deng
    Nocioni
    Noah
    Thomas
    Simmons
    Gooden
    Gray

that's a ton of talent to make a move if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    lol at the defensive LBJ groupies.

Cavs are still gonna be a garbage team. Just be happy you're playing in the JV League. In the WC your pathetic team wouldn't even make playoffs.
    Irrelevant b/c we aren't IN the western conference...........

Paxson took care of one thing today... now he has two more things to take care of and I'll change my mind about him. During the offseason he needs to trade for a real all-star player like Elton Brand, Jermaine O'Neal and get some good draft picks and then find a real coach. I can't believe he moves Wallace. This is awesome. Noah/Aaron Gray are going to be good centers especially if they can sign someone who can give them 20 PPG like Elton Brand or O'Neal. Actually, I think the Bulls should try and go after Shawn Marion if they can't get O'Neal or Brand.

PG: Kirk Hinrich
    SG: Sefolosha/?
    SF: Luol Deng
    PF: Shawn Marion
    C: Noah

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wall

WE GOT GOODEN OMG OMG Sweet.......

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S

And to top it off, Chicago gets the best player in the trade (Drew Gooden.)

Chicago: A-
    Seattle: B+
    Cleveland B

Quote Originally Posted by BULLS
    Hughes is much better than Gordon. Gordon will be the one leaving after this season. They have no use for him anymore.

Anyway, good luck with your new team, Bulls fans. No need to get too excited, though. Your team will not be making the playoffs this year with a frontline of Noah/Thomas.
    I'd agree with you if this was the western conference. But it's not and the Bulls still do have a chance at becoming the 7th or 8th seed. Noah/Thomas won't be all-star players this season or next season but I think they will be really good in the next few seasons.

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S

Nice move for the Bulls because it shakes things up and Wallace is gone. Joe Smith's ppg are pretty much the same as Gooden's. Plus Gooden has more rebounds per game so I'm happy. Finally Bulls get 2 big gaurds who should do well in Chicago. Cedric Simmons isn't much, but it's only his second year.

I think one overlooked aspect of this trade is Salary relief. The Bulls are saving roughly $2.8m this year and $1.8m next year with this deal.

It may be small potatoes, but could be a difference maker when it comes time to resigning Gordon and Deng while trying to stay under the lux tax