Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S

woohoo Ben Wallace went to the cavs

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S

I have no idea what the Cavs need Ben Wallace for, interior defense and rebounding were the two only things we had outside of Lebron. The rest of the trade I like though.

Delonte West and Wally Z will be our new starting backcourt and should be an improvement (btw how ****ed up is that, we got better by replacing a 60M guy with bench players from a 14-38 team). Finally someone who can handle the ball at the point, and a good shooter at the 2.

Joe Smith will help make up for the loss of Gooden, and Hughes should be replaced just fine by Delonte. The bench guys we gave up mean very little.

Overall I guess its ok, just a shame we had to take on Wallace, would have much rather seen a trade for just Delonte and Wally tbh.

So A+ for the Seattle part of the trade, and D- for the Bulls part

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wall

Here is the deal...

This trade mixed things up for each team, while not killing anyone's prospects in landing a big time free agent next offseason.

Larry Hughes didn't fit in Cleveland. He never did. His short streak of solid games was sure to come to an end. He was hitting his jumpshot the last 2 weeks, which was sure to stop. He has a very inconsistent jumper and is all wrong for LeBron.

Szczerbiak is the perfect 2 for LeBron. All he has to do is find a spot and shoot. That is all he has to do... and that is all he does. It is a perfect match.

The Bulls wrongly tried to use Wallace as a true center. He never was that. He is good when he has another post player (Z, Rasheed Wallace) that he can play off of and grab offensive boards. He is also an excellent off the ball defender (which he can be in Cleveland), but not a good man defender (what Chicago tried to do with him).

Also, when LeBron drives to the hoop, he draws defenders. This will open up Wallace to crash the boards, along with Z and Varejao (also excellent offensive rebounders).

The Cavs' best natural point guard on the team prior to this trade was Eric Snow. I'm not joking... Delonte West can handle the ball and alleviate some of the burden on LeBron. He can also hit a jumpshot now and then when we need it.

Lastly, Joe Smith... I truly believe that he will add whatever Gooden brought to the team.... maybe more. He is a highly under-valued player in this league and I am happy he is on my team now, because I hated playing against him.

Considering what Cleveland had to offer (not much), I don't think we could have asked for a better move. We got players that are much better compliments to LeBron's game but didn't lose any of our ability to make a move next offseason (we will have $15 million in expirers).

The Cavs are ALWAYS going to be a contender with LeBron on the floor. The question is, does this surrounding cast better fit his style of play. I believe it absolutely does and I am very anxious to see them on the court together.

This offseason, LeBron will get his real #2, but with what the Cavs had to offer right now, I don't think we could have done any better. We got a lot of role players that fit LeBron's style.

Danny Ferry

Lets GO PENS!

Whats the trade wha the **** is the trade?????

Hmm just checked and the Cavs will have even more expirers next season than I thought.

Wally Z 13M
    Eric Snow 7M
    Damon Jones 5M

So 25M in expirers that we can trade next year, add in a pick or two and we just might be able to get something good, though I doubt we will have as much luck as the Lakers did.

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

Cavaliers get:
    Bulls F/C Ben Wallace
    Bulls F Joe Smith
    Bulls 2009 2nd-round pick
    Sonics F Wally Szczerbiak
    Sonics G Delonte West

Bulls get:
    Cavaliers F Drew Gooden
    Cavaliers G Larry Hughes
    Cavaliers F Cedric Simmons
    Cavaliers G Shannon Brown

Sonics get:
    Cavaliers F Ira Newble
    Cavaliers F Donyell Marshall
    Bulls F Adrian Griffin

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wall

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Here is the deal...

This trade mixed things up for each team, while not killing anyone's prospects in landing a big time free agent next offseason.

Larry Hughes didn't fit in Cleveland. He never did. His short streak of solid games was sure to come to an end. He was hitting his jumpshot the last 2 weeks, which was sure to stop. He has a very inconsistent jumper and is all wrong for LeBron.

Szczerbiak is the perfect 2 for LeBron. All he has to do is find a spot and shoot. That is all he has to do... and that is all he does. It is a perfect match.

The Bulls wrongly tried to use Wallace as a true center. He never was that. He is good when he has another post player (Z, Rasheed Wallace) that he can play off of and grab offensive boards. He is also an excellent off the ball defender (which he can be in Cleveland), but not a good man defender (what Chicago tried to do with him).

Also, when LeBron drives to the hoop, he draws defenders. This will open up Wallace to crash the boards, along with Z and Varejao (also excellent offensive rebounders).

The Cavs' best natural point guard on the team prior to this trade was Eric Snow. I'm not joking... Delonte West can handle the ball and alleviate some of the burden on LeBron. He can also hit a jumpshot now and then when we need it.

Lastly, Joe Smith... I truly believe that he will add whatever Gooden brought to the team.... maybe more. He is a highly under-valued player in this league and I am happy he is on my team now, because I hated playing against him.

Considering what Cleveland had to offer (not much), I don't think we could have asked for a better move. We got players that are much better compliments to LeBron's game but didn't lose any of our ability to make a move next offseason (we will have $15 million in expirers).

The Cavs are ALWAYS going to be a contender with LeBron on the floor. The question is, does this surrounding cast better fit his style of play. I believe it absolutely does and I am very anxious to see them on the court together.

This offseason, LeBron will get his real #2, but with what the Cavs had to offer right now, I don't think we could have done any better. We got a lot of role players that fit LeBron's style.

Danny Ferry

As a Bulls fan, I have to say this trade is amazing for one reason...we got rid of that bust of all busts (next to Kwame) Wallace.

Wow Cleveland fans are you gonna hate him. (Joe Smith is good though)

To be honest I would hate the trade if I were a Cleveland fan not just because of Wallace. This is because I think Lebron would be best served by athletes.

You saw him in the All Star game with Dwight and JKidd up and down the floor. Stagnant shooters (Wally) and one dimensional losers (Wallace) just slow things down for him.

Get Lebron a couple of bigs who can really run and the titles will start flowing.
    I've finally come to the realization that Lebron is the best player in the game, but between his coach and teammates (new and old), the title remains in a galaxy far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Hmm just checked and the Cavs will have even more expirers next season than I thought.

Wally Z 13M
    Eric Snow 7M
    Damon Jones 5M

So 25M in expirers that we can trade next year, add in a pick or two and we just might be able to get something good, though I doubt we will have as much luck as the Lakers did.
    This trumpts my JO idea. Cleveland improves their roster by getting players that should fit in better with Bron while keeping the flexibility to improve even more by trading all those expirers within the next year for another impact player either over the summer or at next years deadline. And all that without giving up a draft picks or anything of real value. Glad to see that they're at least being active.

Wally Z 13M
    Eric Snow 7M
    Damon Jones 5M

won't Joe smith be an expirer at over 5 mil as well? almost 30M coming off books, but you've still got Lebron, Z, Varejao, BB and Pavlovic's salary - so do they even get under the cap? they can use it as trade bait, but can't just let 'em expire...

Wally Z 13M
    Eric Snow 7M
    Damon Jones 5M

Wow. There just might be a chance they keep Lebron. He really does have good roleplayers around him, just looking for the number two.

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO
    As a Bulls fan, I have to say this trade is amazing for one reason...we got rid of that bust of all busts (next to Kwame) Wallace.

To be honest I would hate the trade if I were a Cleveland fan not just because of Wallace. This is because I think Lebron would be best served by athletes.

You saw him in the All Star game with Dwight and JKidd up and down the floor. Stagnant shooters (Wally) and one dimensional losers (Wallace) just slow things down for him.

Get Lebron a couple of bigs who can really run and the titles will start flowing.
    I've finally come to the realization that Lebron is the best player in the game, but between his coach and teammates (new and old), the title remains in a galaxy far, far away.
    What kills about people's feeling of Wallace is that most just hate him because he was overpaid, but he's basically the same player he was in Detroit when we were saying he was the most important player on a championship team. He's just been unhappy in Chicago, and the fans turned on him because they felt he didn't deliver on par with what they paid him. But I don't see whats changed hin him that much, he was never an offensive threat or a true leader, but his intensity, strength and athleticism made up for it. He's a little older now but if we're willing to give Shaq the benefit of the doubt at 35, thatn we should at least see what he can do playing with Bron before talking about how terrible he will be in Cleveland. I don't see how this experiment not being any worse than having Gooden and Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO

Trust me... We feel the same about Larry Hughes. You should enjoy his constant, on-going injuries, bricking jumpers and aptness to turn the ball over. His defense is okay, but overrated.

I think Wallace and Hughes make that a wash. Both were disappointments that didn't fit with their teams. Switch them around and see if it revitalizes their careers.

What I am really happy with is that we got a point guard (West), a great shooter (Wally) and a guy who can do everything that Gooden did and won't fall asleep every other game (Joe Smith).

I don't know how anyone can say this is a bad trade for the Cavs. We didn't lose anything and we still have a good amount of expirers for next offseason, which is when we will make a move on a REAL wingman for LeBron.

I like the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
    What kills about people's feeling of Wallace is that most just hate him because he was overpaid, but he's basically the same player he was in Detroit when we were saying he was the most important player on a championship team. He's just been unhappy in Chicago, and the fans turned on him because they felt he didn't deliver on par with what they paid him. But I don't see whats changed hin him that much, he was never an offensive threat or a true leader, but his intensity, strength and athleticism made up for it. He's a little older now but if we're willing to give Shaq the benefit of the doubt at 35, thatn we should at least see what he can do playing with Bron before talking about how terrible he will be in Cleveland. I don't see how this experiment not being any worse than having Gooden and Hughes.
    Exactly.

Wallace was never a natural center. He is a bigger version of Anderson Varejao. He will do the intangibles, but he needs a superstar and/or a real center to play the post, so he can play off of them and do his thing. It happens that the Cavs have both a superstar and an excellent post player (Z). I think Wallace could actually flourish in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by brwnman
    won't Joe smith be an expirer at over 5 mil as well? almost 30M coming off books, but you've still got Lebron, Z, Varejao, BB and Pavlovic's salary - so do they even get under the cap? they can use it as trade bait, but can't just let 'em expire...
    Joe Smith expires this year I think.

Quote Originally Posted by brwnman
    Right... It isn't about getting under the cap. It is about using the expirers to trade for a good player.