Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24249505152
    Banned

Default Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars 7 in 2015

No way. George Lucas would never be able to make a movie this good, let alone market it as well as Disney has. Also, if he still owned Star Wars, no one would have any faith in his new movies being any good.

He was doing pretty good with licensing and merchandise but Disney has taken shit next level and it's paying off in dividends.

2 billion in Disney stock and 2 billion in $$$ is not cheap by any stretch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Question is, when will they break the $3 billion mark ?

China hasn't even entered the scene yet.
    I read that strangely enough Star Wars isn't very popular in China. They only showed the movies in the theaters for the first time a few years ago and they didn't do very well. China didn't grow up with Star Wars like the rest of the world did.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I just didn't like two things.

1. Rey is Mary Sue. She learned the force too quickly.

When she use the force to get her lightsaber after 30 mins of realizing she could use the force without training or Obi-Wan like mentor to guide her in her head.. It took 2 movies for Luke to do the same thing. And it was three years between the events of A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. There was no astonishment either of her ability other than Kylo Ren saying, "She'll become stronger as time goes by." When Vader saw/sense Luke with the force, he assume he was train by Obi-Wan. Kylo Ren should've been more amazed by this since this is very unnatural. From the best of my knowledge, this is rare from the EU (now consider non canon) and the movies. Nobody has ever learn the force this fast.

And she is too good at everything. Too good with flying the Falcon, which I felt was a wasted opportunity to show off either Poe (the best resistance pilot) or a last Han Solo/Chewie moment with the piloting. Beating Kylo Ren, again learning the force too quickly. Even though Kylo Ren was injured, I feel like he still should've beaten an untrain force sensitive person like Rey.

Like what is the progression here? In comparison, Luke could barely use the force in the first movie. He got lucky, got saved, and he couldn't stand up to Vader in a one on one duel. In the second movie, he got trained, but still lost to Vader. He wasn't a complete Jedi yet. In the third movie, he was far more attune to his force ability. He was able try to the Jedi Mind trick. With Luke, it shows a progression and not only in personality but in force ability. In the beginning he was a bit whiney and naive kid who wanted to be a hero and he turned into a Jedi. And even by the third movie, he was still tempted by the Dark Side.

With Rey using the force like this in the first movie, and beating one of main baddies already, it kind'a sucks out the suspense and journeys to me. Maybe they could fix this in the next movie, explaining how Rey learn the force so fast and make Kylo Ren even stronger or some other person. I dunno. Maybe spice things up and make Rey turn to the Dark Side, and have Luke questioning his teaching methods.

2. It felt like a remake of A New Hope.

There were a lot of similar plot points. To the Death Star, to driods carrying special info, to a father figure dying (Han Solo/Obi Wan) by the hands of someone who has history with them (Kylo Ren/Vader), to the resistance fighters.

While there are some shades of originality, with the addition of new characters, some of that stuff is kind'a borrowed from the EU. Kylo Ren is similar to Jacen Solo. Jacen Solo saw Vader as a sympathetic.

While it doesn't bother me that much to kill my like for the movie, I would like something more original.

Solid movie overall tho. It's a good foundation and it's a nice set up for potentially something more original. The other films are going to determine whatever this movie is brilliant or not for me. Other people seem to love this movie and it's making bank, so it's already a success. Wish I could love the movie that much, but I don't.

I feel like if you want a better or more original Star Wars experience, you either play some SWs games like KoTOR or KoTOR2, TOR or read the books/comic books. They are more mature and more willing to take risks. Better written characters as well...well, some of them. With the movies, we have to wait until they are complete with the trilogy for judgement. But with the TFA as a stand alone movie....it's a'ight. I seen better and read better. I felt like I seen this movie before...it was done in the 70s and was better imo. Not that this movie was bad. It's a'ight.
    Last edited by Micku; 12-30-2015 at 08:20 PM.

Banned

George Lucas is salty as phuck

[INDENT][B][U]George Lucas Says He Sold

Lucas can cry himself to sleep on his bed of money.

College superstar

Lucas just pissed off that he couldve got 2 more billions from Disney....Damn looks like Disney could make 2 billions off this movie when its all said and done.......

Very good NBA starter

we might end up seeing half a dozen films about han solo, and if those work, future reboots of han solo himself will be played by a kid who's not even born yet.

they will milk this shit to death and do this to every character.

that's how disney works.

1st half was good, 2nd half was too convoluted and rushed.

Banned

Disney is looking to add 2 new female leads to complement Rey's character in the sequel:

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-epis...mpaign=SR-FB-P

The Mary Sue revolution just took things to a whole nother level. Boycotts incoming.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Disney is looking to add 2 new female leads to complement Rey's character in the sequel:

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-epis...mpaign=SR-FB-P

The Mary Sue revolution just took things to a whole nother level. Boycotts incoming.
    relax bro, it might just be another Phasma situation.

Her and Niango got so much pre-movie hype, and they wound up playing shitty side characters we never have to see again.

This is probably same thing.

What could have been..

'It was at this moment that Disney knew......they f.ucked up.'

The ending pa the tic

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Next movie is going to have Darth Trump as the main villain.

Still can't believe people found Force Awakens watchable. Disney's done great with the acquisition though. Sure they might be killing the cash cow by milking it too hard but they got a lot of milk out of it while it lasted. But I don't think they are milking it hard enough to actually kill it. Just make it bereft of any imagination.