Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

Bill Oram: Dennis Lindsey says on @1280thezone that conversations about extending Favors, Hayward are ongoing. But willing to let market dictate price. Twitter @tribjazz
    Looks like the Bucks may be setting the price for Favors now. I'd guess Hayward is more likely to sign. They have a lot better idea what they have with him I think. If they can get Favors for 10-12 they probably have to roll the dice that he'll live up to the hype because he could get a lot more next summer. Hayward to for that matter especially with them getting the chance to take the reins of the team. But I guess that could go either way if they have dissapointing seasons. Hayward might get something similar though the new CBA does seem to have had an effect on spending.

Jody Genessy: Jazz promote David Fredman to director of pro player personnel and Richard Smith to executive director of basketball operations. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Bill Oram: Hired former interns Bart Taylor (coordinator of scouting) and Isaiah Wright (asst. strength and conditioning coach) Twitter @tribjazz
    Fredman has had a lot of different positions with the team over the years. Think he's been with the team the longest by far now probably. Maybe since the b eginning in NO? Certainly since the early Utah days. Actually come to think of it he may have left to another team for a while?

[QUOTE]The euphoria Jazz fans felt when the team acquired Trey Burke in the NBA Draft could soon be waning.

I

Not sure what people are expecting from the young Jazz? 20 wins will be a good result from my perspective. It's not really about winning games at the moment, it's about development and seeing if the guys they've recruited have it in them to carry the team in the future or not.

I'm hoping they win at least 10 so they aren't the worst team ever. Could definitely be the worst Jazz team ever which would be saying something considering their early history. Most people want them to finish with one of the worst records so they will get one of the studs in the next draft. Hard to imagine that they won't and would be pretty disappointing if they didn't with the obvious tank job they're doing.

See what they have so they know who they want to pay in the next couple years(Hayward and Favors might get paid beforehand though). See if they want to bring Neto and possibly Tomic over next year based on what Burke, Clark and their bigs do. See if Biedrins, Rush and Lucas will be worth keeping around.

I think they should be more exciting anyway. Pushing the ball. Getting after people defensively and hopefully running the Jazz offense again in the half court. Looking forward to seeing what Enes and Burks can do in a featured role finally.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 08-22-2013 at 06:05 AM.

Ronnie Brewer Considered Bulls, Jazz Before Signing With Rockets
    Aug 27, 2013 12:12 AM EDT

Ronnie Brewer considered returning to the Chicago Bulls or Utah Jazz before signing with the Houston Rockets in unrestricted free agency.

"They play my style," Brewer said. "Dwight Howard is a defender, but can get up and down the court."

Brewer played with the Bulls for two seasons and was the Jazz's draft pick in 2006.
    I liked him but not sure how he would have fit. Not sure how he fits with Dwight either though.

Trey Burke Wants To Make Immediate Impact

Aug 26, 2013 | John Schuhmann/NBA.com

Trey Burke feels pressure being the Jazz's starting point guard, but he also senses lowered expectations for the team from outsiders.

[QUOTE]Over the next week or so I am going to dig inside the numbers on the our returning Jazz players. Here is the Alec Burks breakdown

OVERALL

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    I liked him but not sure how he would have fit. Not sure how he fits with Dwight either though.
    Would have thought they'd want another shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Would have thought they'd want another shooter.
    He could make sense playing with Motiejunas. Someone has to spread the floor to open up the inside for Ronnie like Okur did for the Jazz.

[QUOTE]When Utah Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin reached out to Alex Jensen about joining his staff, a number of qualities drew him to the D-League Coach of the Year and, likewise, Jensen to Corbin. That Jensen was a Centerville native and played a starring role on the University of Utah team that advanced to the 1998 NCAA championship game was low on Corbin

Gery Woelfel: Told by sources Bucks in the market for established small forward. They made a run at Caron Butler last month. Will they again? Twitter @GeryWoelfel
    Marvin?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...-Fredette.html

[QUOTE]The Utah Jazz have made their decisions, as they will exercise the options on both Alec Burks and Enes Kanter. Does Kanter deserve it?

According to Grantland writer Zach Lowe,

Hayward would probably attract a lot of interest from teams, but I don't see anyone offering an over the top deal, maybe $9-$10 million?

And I guess Larry Sanders 4/44 deal could be used as a gauge for Favors. He's the one that'll get the bigger offers.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Hayward would probably attract a lot of interest from teams, but I don't see anyone offering an over the top deal, maybe $9-$10 million?

And I guess Larry Sanders 4/44 deal could be used as a gauge for Favors. He's the one that'll get the bigger offers.
    Hard to say now. Contracts have definitely went down. Under the old system 10-12 for Hayward would be norm. After what Batum got I could definitely see someone throwing a lot of cash at G. He is loved by many if not everyone. He brings a lot to the table and could fit pretty much anywhere I'd think.

Hayward is worth more to me right now than Favors as is Kanter. He has a lot to prove. If they can get him to sign for 10-12 million they probably have to roll the dice and hope he lives up to it eventually because he could cost them a lot more next summer especially if he lives up to the hype this year.