Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How to fight depression?

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Ignorance, as are most of the posts in this thread.
    Ignorant, as are most of the "depressed"...

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I would recommend you Google "clinical depression" if you are curious as to actual facts and scientific research regarding a topic you are ignorant too.

Depression is as real as cancer. You are a great example of how ignorant and arrogant Americans are when it comes to mental illness. Props to you bro.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Hey guys I just talked with family and felt a little bit better. I know I'm having a rough go at life at the moment but my father told me some of the larger hurdles he had to overcome to become successful.

I hate the word "depression".... i believe there is no such thing

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Pot on ish daily

Banned

I am sorry how this comes out guys, but thats just the way i feel.... i feel offended anytime i hear that word, why? I consider to have lived through REAL problems for years & years, war in Bosnia or Balkans per say (im not American/live in America)... ive seen & endured REAL problems since toddler age.... you wont ***ing believe what i have endured & witnessed, shit only most of you "depressed" guys seen in movies only.... even at this day i still live here and fight harder than you to live a decent life and the happy times are very rare...... if you want details i will be happy to oblige, i just cant help but feel offended someone NORMAL living a NORMAL life is "depressed" and acknowledges "psychological problems" as such because i dont know, a wife/girl dumped him, has family problems, isnt doing so well economically, bla bla bla.... i have heard it myself from MY friends (in Denmark), "Boohoo, i cant get a job, my family hates me, im very depressed".... its just every damn day life..... what i lived is NOT.... i just do feel offended, if i can take that major punch and if i can see the rest of my people take that punch and move on.... why cant you for something so sissy, so normal, which everybody endures? What do you think life is dance on the roses?

There is no such thing as "depression", i hate how everybody feel like they can be depressed.... no, you either are SAD over a thing like anybody else would or truly MENTALLY ILL ("clinic depression") in that case i apologise....
    Last edited by pauk; 08-31-2014 at 12:21 AM.

kings fan

You can't.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

I am sorry how this comes out guys, but thats just the way i feel.... i feel offended anytime i hear that word, why? I consider to have lived through REAL problems for years & years, war in Bosnia or Balkans per say (im not American/live in America)... ive seen & endured REAL problems since toddler age.... you wont ***ing believe what i have endured & witnessed, shit only most of you "depressed" guys seen in movies only.... even at this day i still live here and fight harder than you to live a decent life and the happy times are very rare...... if you want details i will be happy to oblige, i just cant help but feel offended someone NORMAL living a NORMAL life is "depressed" and acknowledges "psychological problems" as such because i dont know, a wife/girl dumped him, has family problems, isnt doing so well economically, bla bla bla.... i have heard it myself from MY friends (in Denmark).... its just every damn day life..... what i lived is NOT.... i just do feel offended, if i can take that major punch and if i can see the rest of my people take that punch and move on.... why cant you for something so sissy, so normal, which everybody endures? What do you think life is dance on the roses?

There is no such thing as "depression".... either you are SAD over a thing or truly MENTALLY ILL (and that requires no name) in that case i apologise....
    This is idiotic. Saying that depression can't exist because there are people who are more miserable than you are, is akin to saying that a person can't be happy because there are people who are better off than they are.

I am sorry how this comes out guys, but thats just the way i feel.... i feel offended anytime i hear that word, why? I consider to have lived through REAL problems for years & years, war in Bosnia or Balkans per say (im not American/live in America)... ive seen & endured REAL problems since toddler age.... you wont ***ing believe what i have endured & witnessed, shit only most of you "depressed" guys seen in movies only.... even at this day i still live here and fight harder than you to live a decent life and the happy times are very rare...... if you want details i will be happy to oblige, i just cant help but feel offended someone NORMAL living a NORMAL life is "depressed" and acknowledges "psychological problems" as such because i dont know, a wife/girl dumped him, has family problems, isnt doing so well economically, bla bla bla.... i have heard it myself from MY friends (in Denmark), "Boohoo, i cant get a job, my family hates me, im very depressed".... its just every damn day life..... what i lived is NOT.... i just do feel offended, if i can take that major punch and if i can see the rest of my people take that punch and move on.... why cant you for something so sissy, so normal, which everybody endures? What do you think life is dance on the roses?

There is no such thing as "depression", i hate how everybody feel like they can be depressed.... no, you either are SAD over a thing like anybody else would or truly MENTALLY ILL ("clinic depression") in that case i apologise....
    But yet there is such a thing as depression that millions of people have. It is differentiated from sadness in psychological diagnosis. You are generalizing yourself and people you know against millions. Most from countries you aren't from.

The reason your post offends me is that many depressed people think something is wrong with them because they can't just "snap out of it." People like you who have no understanding say "just get over it," and people try and can't, even when their life is ostensibly fine. You can do damage with such ignorance.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Doctors are way too quick to diagnose "depression". Sometimes people just aren't happy

Banned

oooh i'm depressed. i'm crying out. save me.

save up money and travel to grief stricken lands. pick any place on this earth. it goes away real quick. it will save you and it will be a new experience.
    Last edited by Fawker; 08-31-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawker
    oooh i'm depressed. i'm crying out. save me.

save up money and travel to grief stricken lands. it goes away real quick. it will save you and it will be a new experience.
    Another perfect example of an arrogant and ignorant American discussing something he knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about and acting like he has some simple solution that doctors and scientists havent found.

Seeing other people be miserable does not help someone wit clinical depression.

What you wanna be doctors don't know is that clinical depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain. Not curable by visiting "grief stricken lands"

Honestly, do some research or stfu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    Another perfect example of an arrogant and ignorant American discussing something he knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about and acting like he has some simple solution that doctors and scientists havent found.

Seeing other people be miserable does not help someone wit clinical depression.

What you wanna be doctors don't know is that clinical depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain. Not curable by visiting "grief stricken lands"

Honestly, do some research or stfu
    wtf i dont want him to be miserable or not overcome his situation. granted my solution is pricey and not easy. i wanted him to see world problems.

Banned

Is there such thing as being a bipolar?