Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #16
-primetime-

Default Re: Carson Palmer - Your Thoughts?

I’d say it’s still about 75 percent,” McNabb said of his knee. “I haven’t tested it yet, but I can do everything I need to do in order to be successful. At 75 percent, I personally feel I can be one of the best quarterbacks in the league.”

McNabb, a five-time Pro Bowl player, was second in the league with 2,534 yards passing last season, tied for second with 17 touchdown passes, and was sixth with a 96.6 passer rating.

Although McNabb did not appear hindered in practice, the Eagles do not plan to rush his return and have not decided whether he will play in their preseason opener Aug. 13 against Baltimore.

“You want to play a whole game, but in the preseason you’ve got to be smart,” McNabb said. “For the way that we practice out here competing against our defense, it prepares you for game situations. When you come off of injuries, you don’t want to rush things.”

McNabb has had three major injuries in the past five seasons. He missed the final seven games of the 2005 season with a sports hernia, and he missed the final six regular-season games in 2002 with a broken ankle.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/29/sp...2FF%2FFootball
Old 08-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
he is listed as questionable...

Only thing listed as questionable is your football knowledge.

Quote:
and even if he does start he will not be 100%

Maybe, maybe not...one thing for sure he wont be 75%. Thats a fact.

Quote:
McNabb is very injury prone...he has been through this 2 times before this

Sports hernia and broken ankle arent the same as a knee injury. This is the first. And he threw for 255yds 4tds with a broken ankle? Ask the Cardinals.

Quote:
and I don't know why they have Brady under brees and palmer...that has to be rankings before NE signed Moss...because Brady will produce more than both of them

Its rankings based on STATS because in FANTASY FOOTBALL...STATS = POINTS. The reason Vince Young is ranked 5th because of his running ability/TD's and passing yards/tds. Double decker. Has nothing to do with how they rank the QB's in general. Again fantasy football rankings are based on statstical performance. Brees/Palmer put up the better stats which in turn gave fantasy leaguers MORE POINTS in pursuit to WIN. Got it now???
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:44 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I’d say it’s still about 75 percent,” McNabb said of his knee. “I haven’t tested it yet, but I can do everything I need to do in order to be successful. At 75 percent, I personally feel I can be one of the best quarterbacks in the league.”

McNabb, a five-time Pro Bowl player, was second in the league with 2,534 yards passing last season, tied for second with 17 touchdown passes, and was sixth with a 96.6 passer rating.

Although McNabb did not appear hindered in practice, the Eagles do not plan to rush his return and have not decided whether he will play in their preseason opener Aug. 13 against Baltimore.

“You want to play a whole game, but in the preseason you’ve got to be smart,” McNabb said. “For the way that we practice out here competing against our defense, it prepares you for game situations. When you come off of injuries, you don’t want to rush things.”

McNabb has had three major injuries in the past five seasons. He missed the final seven games of the 2005 season with a sports hernia, and he missed the final six regular-season games in 2002 with a broken ankle.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/29/sp...2FF%2FFootball

Read the bold my friend

If you're gonna use Mcnabb not 100% coming from his own mouth as support, take the rest of his remarks where he feels at 75% he can be one of the best QBs in the league.

Eagles not playing Mcnabb in the preseason is smart. Let him rest, maybe get a series or two in the final preseason game. But rest him for the most part and after preseason rest him some more and continue practice/rehab. By week 1 he will start and he will be more than 785% ready. This could be a blessing in disguise in the respect the Eagles could RUN THE BALL more. Which wouldnt be a bad thing...heck they ran more when Garcia was taking snaps at Center. This would be beneficial to both Mcnabb/Eagles run game/total offense. Mcnabb and the passing offense dominated vs the run game. And by that I mean the pass to run ratio was heavily in favor of the pass. And while the offensive numbers/rankings were tops in the league...it wasnt a perfect balance or a right fit. When Mcnabb went down and Garcia took over the pass to run ratio did a major change...and you saw positive results. Why? You used Brian Westbrook who is a really good RB who can shoulder the load of carries/gaining yards and a nice ypc rate.

That said Mcnabb is top 5...you wanna rank him 5 and Palmer/Brees ahead of him because Mcnabb isnt 110%? Fine. But dont come out your trap and say he's not top 5. And dont use the 75% argument because its bogus. Holds zero barring unless you wanna talk Eagles and thier pursuit of the NFC East, NFC title game, SB.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #19
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Read the bold my friend

If you're gonna use Mcnabb not 100% coming from his own mouth as support, take the rest of his remarks where he feels at 75% he can be one of the best QBs in the league.

Eagles not playing Mcnabb in the preseason is smart. Let him rest, maybe get a series or two in the final preseason game. But rest him for the most part and after preseason rest him some more and continue practice/rehab. By week 1 he will start and he will be more than 785% ready. This could be a blessing in disguise in the respect the Eagles could RUN THE BALL more. Which wouldnt be a bad thing...heck they ran more when Garcia was taking snaps at Center. This would be beneficial to both Mcnabb/Eagles run game/total offense. Mcnabb and the passing offense dominated vs the run game. And by that I mean the pass to run ratio was heavily in favor of the pass. And while the offensive numbers/rankings were tops in the league...it wasnt a perfect balance or a right fit. When Mcnabb went down and Garcia took over the pass to run ratio did a major change...and you saw positive results. Why? You used Brian Westbrook who is a really good RB who can shoulder the load of carries/gaining yards and a nice ypc rate.

That said Mcnabb is top 5...you wanna rank him 5 and Palmer/Brees ahead of him because Mcnabb isnt 110%? Fine. But dont come out your trap and say he's not top 5. And dont use the 75% argument because its bogus. Holds zero barring unless you wanna talk Eagles and thier pursuit of the NFC East, NFC title game, SB.
well no sh-it he is gonna say he feels fine...he is trying to keep his job...

he admitted to not being 100% though

we will se about this in wek 4 when his numbers are below average...

he might get back to his top 3 status mid season, once he has shaken all the rust off
Old 08-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #20
Mad Max
I hit open layups

Mad Max has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
well no sh-it he is gonna say he feels fine...he is trying to keep his job...

he admitted to not being 100% though

we will se about this in wek 4 when his numbers are below average...

he might get back to his top 3 status mid season, once he has shaken all the rust off

I guess....i never disputed he wasnt 100%. But we shall see. He still top 5 to me. Arguably top 3. Football cant get here fast enough.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #21
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
McNabb claimed 2 days ago that he is not 100%

he said he was about 75%

he is going to have a very slow start and might now even start at all

for this reason he should not be considered top 5 this year...

He also said he just threw out a random number and whatever number he did happen to say people were going to run with it anyway.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:24 PM   #22
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
He also said he just threw out a random number and whatever number he did happen to say people were going to run with it anyway.
I heard that interview...

it was on the NFL netwok right?

he was just making the point that he is not yet 100%
Old 08-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #23
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Sagat has an OK reputation so far

90% Palmer > 75% McNabb

And honestly... a 100% McNabb really isn't a 100% Palmer either and vise versa. If you polled most NFL GMs and coaches, I'm willing to bet they'd take a 100% Palmer (proven or unproven) over a 100% McNabb.
Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #24
Mad Max
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagat
90% Palmer > 75% McNabb

And honestly... a 100% McNabb really isn't a 100% Palmer either and vise versa. If you polled most NFL GMs and coaches, I'm willing to bet they'd take a 100% Palmer (proven or unproven) over a 100% McNabb.

You're a homer...what else would one expect you to say? How many playoff games has Carson been apart of? How many MVP races has he been? Exactly, you are silent over there.

Your who would the GMs take statement is false. Why speak for others and not yourself without any form of proof to back up your silly claim? Let me follow your stupid logic.

If you polled every NFL player present and past I'm willing to bet they'd take Palmer over Mcnabb. :rollingeyes: See how dumb that is? I dont have no proof of this but I'll assume it because my argument favors one player more than another.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #25
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Even though I am a huge Palmer fan, even I have to admit that he needs to make a run in the playoffs before he can be at the level of Brady/Manning/McNabb. He hasn't proven it yet, but hopefully, it's only a matter of time.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:28 PM   #26
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Quote:
How many playoff games has Carson been apart of? How many MVP races has he been? Exactly, you are silent over there.

Perhaps a better question would be how many playoff games (possibliy even AFC Championship games and/or Superbowls) would Carson be a part of if he hadn't been injured two years ago in the playoffs and if Graham didn't miss a game winning field goal that would have put them in the playoffs?

Quote:
Your who would the GMs take statement is false

Based on what? Also, take a closer look yahoo, I said I'm willing to bet ... didn't say "it's official" ... didn't say "it's written in stone that most GMs..." etc.

Why are you getting so offended anyway?! ...

Take a breather... there you go. Now close your eyes. Good. Now open 'em.

* TIGER *
* TIGER *

in the dizzy state

Old 08-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #27
Mad Max
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagat
Perhaps a better question would be how many playoff games (possibliy even AFC Championship games and/or Superbowls) would Carson be a part of if he hadn't been injured two years ago in the playoffs and if Graham didn't miss a game winning field goal that would have put them in the playoffs?

So you answer a question with a question. You dont address nothing I asked.

Brilliant.

Quote:
Based on what? Also, take a closer look yahoo, I said I'm willing to bet ... didn't say "it's official" ... didn't say "it's written in stone that most GMs..." etc.

Who is arguing that you said it is official dumbass? I'm simply pointing out making such a statement is stupid. Thats a fact (something that you dont use here often). Reread what I wrote...seems you have no argument here so you are REEEEACHING (oh the irony) by taking bits n pieces and replying to them in a silly manner. Good job man.

I'm not convinced you cant even present a solid argument for Carson Palmer being better than Mcnabb. Heck "I am willing to bet" I can make a stronger argument for Palmer being better than Mcnabb than YOU CAN.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #28
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

You seem to be quite hasty in your responses.

Quote:
Who is arguing that you said it is official dumbass?

Not that it offends me (it's just a message board) - but I have to ask, why such ill remarks?

You practically took something I said and attempted to bash me. Where's the logic in that my friend? It amazes me how people take a place such as a message board and seriously (all this TIGER stuff with me is heretical at best) try to flex their muscles. I guess I got smacked up.

:rollingeyes:
Old 08-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #29
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max
I'm not convinced you cant even present a solid argument for Carson Palmer being better than Mcnabb. Heck "I am willing to bet" I can make a stronger argument for Palmer being better than Mcnabb than YOU CAN.

I can....

McNabb's knee is fucked up

nuff said
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: